Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Halo: Reach or Halo: Infinite?

OP Ty SIV4980

Should I buy Halo: Reach? I have been told by some veterens of the Halo community that Reach is one of the best Halo games ever created. I am a little sceptical because the game is old and Infinite is around the corner. I guess my real question is; should I buy Halo: Infinite or Halo: Reach?
You can probably find Halo: Reach in the bargain bin for a decent price. Halo: Reach has its merits, but a lot of frustrating gameplay elements. Bloom and armor lock really grind my gears. It’s up to you, if you wanna give ole Reach a whirl, or pinch your pennies for infinite.
Ty SIV4980 wrote:
Should I buy Halo: Reach? I have been told by some veterens of the Halo community that Reach is one of the best Halo games ever created. I am a little sceptical because the game is old and Infinite is around the corner. I guess my real question is; should I buy Halo: Infinite or Halo: Reach?
Halo Reach is ok, and definitely worth the bargain bin prices you'll find it for. As for Infinite being around the corner ? There's no way to know, no date has been set as far as I'm aware, it could be as far away as late 2020, or late this year.
Halo infinite is far from its release date. Get yourself a Reach copy, experience a defining moment in Halo history. Reach is worth the pickup, even if it's 8 years old.
I doubt Halo Infinite is "around the corner". Couple that with the fact that Halo Reach is heavily discounted wherever you decide to purchase it, and there is no reason why you should have to decide between the two. Get Reach now, and when Infinite comes out you'll probably long since have finished Reach and have remade the money you spent on it (even if your money is allowance from parents).
Reach is really cheap at a game store, I'd grab that and wait until Infinite becomes Pre-order avaliable
I believe Reach is fairly cheap. It’s population is dying and slowing leaning towards dead (the game is 8 years old I loved it but people are moving on). On the other note Infinite probably won’t come out until Q4 of 2020 so you have a bit of a wait to go.
Ty SIV4980 wrote:
Why can you not buy both? I got my copy of Halo: Reach for $5.00 (with unused Recon DLC) at a pawn shop and Halo Infinite likely won't even be out until either 2020 or 2021. Besides, does the release of Halo Infinite make all previous Halo games not worth owning or something?

I really don't understand this mindset that so many people have.
I was the same way. I pulled the trigger and kbought it since it's only 20 on the marketplace. Buy it. It really is as amazing as everyone thinks.

Makes me really hope they bring Reach to the MCC cause the one actual complaint I have besides a dwindling online community for MP is the Motion Blur in game. It's horrendous.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
I was the same way. I pulled the trigger and kbought it since it's only 20 on the marketplace. Buy it. It really is as amazing as everyone thinks.

Makes me really hope they bring Reach to the MCC cause the one actual complaint I have besides a dwindling online community for MP is the Motion Blur in game. It's horrendous.
"It's only $20.00."

As I said above, you can buy the game physically for $5.00. The Xbox marketplace is horrible for ripping people off and shouldn't be supported.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:

"It's only $20.00."

As I said above, you can buy the game physically for $5.00. The Xbox marketplace is horrible for ripping people off and shouldn't be supported.
Well yeah if you want to go physical you can find it for like $5, but $20 at least to me is still worth it for the game.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:

"It's only $20.00."

Well yeah if you want to go physical you can find it for like $5, but $20 at least to me is still worth it for the game.
It really isn't a matter of physical vs digital as much as going after the better price. I mean every pawn shop I visit always has a copy for $10.00 and below (usually way below) and this is in Canada so just imagine how cheap it is in the U.S.
Halo Infinite might take a while to come out. In the meantime, get Reach and enjoy everything it has to offer. By far the best Halo game and there is still enough of an active online playerbase that you aren't likely to get bored easily. You won't regret it.
If I had to guess Halo Infinite will come out late 2020 or possibly later. If I were in your shoes I'd just pick up Reach. It's fairly active still and had a great campaign. Multiplayers pretty good but leaning on the sweaty side.
Ty SIV4980 wrote:
If the remastered was 60fps with dedicated servers, and especially a proper fix for the firefight input lag (that crap is straight up unplayable) that would be great
Considering it’s like only 10 dollars at your nearest Walmart you might as well.