Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo: Reach Playerbase Issues?

OP JustAlex1997

I've been playing my first couple of games of Halo: Reach Matchmaking recently, and I've mostly been enjoying it so far. However, in my most recent game, there was a player on the enemy team who'd spam Armor Lock the second rounds started being fired in his direction every time. Despite the fact that it never once saved him and only served to delay the inevitable, why would a player constantly resort to such an ineffective strategy? Has this always been an issue?

On a side note, I had a teammate constantly try to betray me while another almost did just to get the sniper rifle. Is this reflective of the playerbase in general?
I've been playing my first couple of games of Halo: Reach Matchmaking recently, and I've mostly been enjoying it so far. However, in my most recent game, there was a player on the enemy team who'd spam Armor Lock the second rounds started being fired in his direction every time. Despite the fact that it never once saved him and only served to delay the inevitable, why would a player constantly resort to such an ineffective strategy? Has this always been an issue?

On a side note, I had a teammate constantly try to betray me while another almost did just to get the sniper rifle. Is this reflective of the playerbase in general?
360 reach is a strange rabbit hole indeed . It's like the Wild West of halo.
Modded consoles afk every lobby , quitters , team betraying ,and that's just griffball .

It will be interesting to see how it goes in mcc that's for sure
It's like the Wild West of halo.
Hahaha this cracked me up :D
In my experience, players who spam Armour Lock in a team game are hoping that a teammate will come to their aid and then they can take you on, two-on-one.
Those are good examples of the playerbase in general. The armor lock thing spreads to other games too, but they each have their own mechanic players will spam. A lot of times, people will go all the way and betray you for the sniper. That's basically a meme at this point. Side but related note, stay away from Grifball in Reach because that's a haven for XP boosting and no one plays it properly.
tuhin94 wrote:
Those are good examples of the playerbase in general. The armor lock thing spreads to other games too, but they each have their own mechanic players will spam. A lot of times, people will go all the way and betray you for the sniper. That's basically a meme at this point. Side but related note, stay away from Grifball in Reach because that's a haven for XP boosting and no one plays it properly.
Here's hoping they fix that on MCC somehow.
Yeah. Can't really control how other players behave or play.
As much as I hate to say it now, Reach is the cheap dollar general version right now, compared to years ago when it was at its peak. I played multiplayer a few months ago and I was constantly matched with AFK people. I also noticed when I was playing FFA nearly every match was just people boosting commendations off of each other. It’s kinda sad but it is what it is, it’s a 9 year old game now hopefully mcc Reach will be amazing as I loved and played a ton of Reach
As much as I hate to say it now, Reach is the cheap dollar general version right now, compared to years ago when it was at its peak. I played multiplayer a few months ago and I was constantly matched with AFK people. I also noticed when I was playing FFA nearly every match was just people boosting commendations off of each other. It’s kinda sad but it is what it is, it’s a 9 year old game now hopefully mcc Reach will be amazing as I loved and played a ton of Reach
From what 343i has shown us, MCC Reach seems like it's gonna be even better than OG Reach. I just hope enough people are playing it when it gets here.

Players love armor lock and yes, betraying for the sniper rifle is a normal thing in Halo Reach. The betraying for the sniper was more common in Reach for some reason, I can't explain why.

Also, I like this. "Wild West of Halo". Both Halo 3 and Halo Reach have a number of hackers and modders that pull off all sorts on nonsense. The Xbox 360 servers are hardly monitored anymore hence all the achievement, multiplayer, and armor unlock issues over the last couple of years. They're fun to play but it's better to play on the Master Chief Collection and not to mention a larger player population.

Players love armor lock and yes, betraying for the sniper rifle is a normal thing in Halo Reach. The betraying for the sniper was more common in Reach for some reason, I can't explain why.

Also, I like this. "Wild West of Halo". Both Halo 3 and Halo Reach have a number of hackers and modders that pull off all sorts on nonsense. The Xbox 360 servers are hardly monitored anymore hence all the achievement, multiplayer, and armor unlock issues over the last couple of years. They're fun to play but it's better to play on the Master Chief Collection and not to mention a larger player population.
Hacking on H3 and Reach is rare actually. However, when I run into them I make a point to record them and post their gamertags to YouTube.

The servers are fine and well these days so no need to dissuade people from them.
WastedU6 wrote:

Hacking on H3 and Reach is rare actually. However, when I run into them I make a point to record them and post their gamertags to YouTube.

The servers are fine and well these days so no need to dissuade people from them.
I guess it depends on how often you play on the original servers. Just about every time I play, I run into at least one hacker. I'll always report em and let the system take care of the rest. I wasn't dissuading people from them, just mentioning that there's been some issues. Nothing that affects the gameplay, just achievements and unlocks.
People try to come up with strategies to survive with the options they're given in Halo, and armor lock is no exception. It can be used to shield yourself, which is why people keep using it. I guess people have the mindset that it makes them invincible, but it doesn't. There's been countless times where I too defeated someone using armor lock.

I’ve ALWAYS had people betray me for power weapons across almost every title. But the armor lock thing is pretty much a thing you’ll see in Reach regularly. It’s usually somebody who doesn’t really know how to properly utilize it that you’ll see doing it. It can be annoying but that’s about it. There’s no advantage or purpose they’re either just noobs or they’re intentionally trying to troll people because they know it gets on people’s nerves. Although I HAVE seen the strategy employed to keep people waiting on the hook to kill an armor locker and it’s a distraction