Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

[Locked] Halo: Reach's Matchmaking Bans Should Be Dropped

OP BoundlessHalo97

I made the foolish mistake of attempting to play Halo: Reach's Grifball playlist last night when I encountered some of the worst kinds of players in online video games. With players on both sides not actually touching their controller, using map exploits to hold the ball out of reach of other players for the entire game, teammates betraying one another left and right, and the enemy team camping behind enemy spawns to instantly kill players without giving them a chance to fight back, the game lasted for at least half an hour. All I could do was set the controller down, risk being penalized by automated systems for "boosting," and wait it out as quitting would've likely resulted in a temporary ban.

With a playerbase such as those I encountered the Matchmaking bans only serve to punish those actually playing the game while giving overgrown children a good laugh. Without question these systems should be removed from the game.
I made the foolish mistake of attempting to play Halo: Reach's Grifball playlist last night when I encountered some of the worst kinds of players in online video games. With players on both sides not actually touching their controller, using map exploits to hold the ball out of reach of other players for the entire game, teammates betraying one another left and right, and the enemy team camping behind enemy spawns to instantly kill players without giving them a chance to fight back, the game lasted for at least half an hour. All I could do was set the controller down, risk being penalized by automated systems for "boosting," and wait it out as quitting would've likely resulted in a temporary ban.

With a playerbase such as those I encountered the Matchmaking bans only serve to punish those actually playing the game while giving overgrown children a good laugh. Without question these systems should be removed from the game.
The only thing in your post that deserves to be banned from matchmaking is griffball itself. How anyone can enjoy this awful playlist is far beyond my scope of comprehension. Sure, I venture in to complete various challenges but to actuallly search this playlist expecting enjoyable gameplay is an exercise in futility.

Im my day-one-player opinion this joke of a playlist should be completely removed in favor of a superior playlist such as action sack. Why this particular playlist was chosen to receive Cr bonuses-let alone exist in the first place over actual playlists that require a modicum of skill-will never make sense to me but it is far past time to leave this completely unenjoyable playlist behind.

My suggestion to you, OP, is to not bother to search in griffball for any reason whatsoever.

The only thing in your post that deserves to be banned from matchmaking is griffball itself. How anyone can enjoy this awful playlist is far beyond my scope of comprehension. Sure, I venture in to complete various challenges but to actuallly search this playlist expecting enjoyable gameplay is an exercise in futility.

Im my day-one-player opinion this joke of a playlist should be completely removed in favor of a superior playlist such as action sack. Why this particular playlist was chosen to receive Cr bonuses-let alone exist in the first place over actual playlists that require a modicum of skill-will never make sense to me but it is far past time to leave this completely unenjoyable playlist behind.

My suggestion to you, OP, is to not bother to search in griffball for any reason whatsoever.
I was honestly just looking for a change of pace late one night as fragging people in Team Slayer (the only playlist I've been able to get games in prior to that Grifball match) gets repetitive after a while. By no means is it something I really expected to get any real enjoyment out of.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Please use the ban thread that is pinned at the top of the forum for any queries on matchmaking bans, thanks