[Locked] Halo: Reach stats not carrying over to MCC

OP scoutnolan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
Thoughts on the fact that 343i is not carrying over your Halo: Reach 360 stats onto the MCC? Came home for spring break and was alive with hype over the announcement about MCC on steam and decided to grind the rest of the way to Mythic which I just got today. Then I read the news that the stats wont carry over. All around this news kills the hype for Reach on steam, and I do not think I will be purchasing. 343i is poking with my emotions and sentiment here, and I initially was a fan, however-now it's like seeing an old friend move away to a far away town. So much time and effort spent to get to that rank, and I guess I will have to say farewell. Hopefully the devs will see this and re-think it, but I doubt they'll miss one player. Anyone else have any thoughts?
I have hundreds of hours in this game on Xbox, and I will have to still pay for Xbox live once the game comes out on PC, so why, pray tell, will I have to restart my leveling? That would be like the game going from 360 to One, still having to pay for the same Xbox Live service, keeping the same Xbox account, and having to restart. If this is actually an issue that is not rectified, I will not be repurchasing the Master Chief Collection for PC. Lord knows that 343 has ruined the franchise that I held so dear and loved, but this might be the nail in the coffin for me on this franchise if 343 does not get their crap together.
I have hundreds of hours in this game on Xbox, and I will have to still pay for Xbox live once the game comes out on PC, so why, pray tell, will I have to restart my leveling? That would be like the game going from 360 to One, still having to pay for the same Xbox Live service, keeping the same Xbox account, and having to restart. If this is actually an issue that is not rectified, I will not be repurchasing the Master Chief Collection for PC. Lord knows that 343 has ruined the franchise that I held so dear and loved, but this might be the nail in the coffin for me on this franchise if 343 does not get their crap together.
Actually, you do not need xbox live to play. Just a free microsoft account. Still angry tho.
Hey man I understand you're angry but 343 is doing s good thing here. New players can have a fair start. Everyone gets to play Reach again like it brand new. PC players finally get to play Halo again. 343 is doing a good job and I think you would agree to if you look at what they're doing and weren't angry at the moment
Hey man I understand you're angry but 343 is doing s good thing here. New players can have a fair start. Everyone gets to play Reach again like it brand new. PC players finally get to play Halo again. 343 is doing a good job and I think you would agree to if you look at what they're doing and weren't angry at the moment
Yes, in a game such as Halo: Reach, where ranking doesn't change game play, meaning that it is already a level playing field, resetting it is pointless. They are making a mistake in their choice to do this. Also, about playing it brand new, we will already be playing it "brand new" no matter what, but they should allow those of us who have put in the grind to rank up to keep our progress. I was not angry at the beginning of the week, however, since more and more bad news such as this and the fact that they do not plan on releasing Halo 5 nor Infinite in any foreseeable future onto PC, can you see why some of us would be upset?
scoutnolan wrote:
Actually, you do not need xbox live to play. Just a free microsoft account. Still angry tho.
My bad, I did not see this part of the updated announcements
I was elated at the idea of Reach and Halo on steam, but they have a fine lining. For many people, reach was easily the best multiplayer experience combined with a sweet (and very grindy) leveling system and armor. They're poking at my sentiment and developers should be smarter than that. Overall, ranks don't really matter, but the time invested and the memories of the time you spent on that rank and armor do. 85% armor completion, 55% commendation, and mythic is no easy task, and I am extremely sad to see it all go- especially when PC is now my main option for video games. Don't get me wrong though, I am excited for Halo on PC, but losing a rank that actually has sentimental value behind it kindave killes the whole hype.
scoutnolan wrote:
I was elated at the idea of Reach and Halo on steam, but they have a fine lining. For many people, reach was easily the best multiplayer experience combined with a sweet (and very grindy) leveling system and armor. They're poking at my sentiment and developers should be smarter than that. Overall, ranks don't really matter, but the time invested and the memories of the time you spent on that rank and armor do. 85% armor completion, 55% commendation, and mythic is no easy task, and I am extremely sad to see it all go- especially when PC is now my main option for video games. Don't get me wrong though, I am excited for Halo on PC, but losing a rank that actually has sentimental value behind it kindave killes the whole hype.
This is literally affecting no one except for people who have already ground their way through levels.
I'm glad there is no level transfer. Everyone can start from the same level. If you transfer max rank, where's the fun in ranking up?
You should be glad they're bringing the original armour customisation back at all. Here's hoping they add it back to the other games when they release on PC.

EDIT: They've also said in the Reddit Q&A that the levelling system will receive some changes.
I expected this to happen to be honest. When MCC originally came out these was no stats transfer from the original games.
Man gg guys all my had work gone when I play pc
Honestly I'm really disappointed about this. My wife and I STILL grind Reach trying to get our ranks higher and unlock more armor. Going through all that effort and none of it transferring over will discourage me from buying it on MCC.

Edit: and I understand "leveling the playing field," but armor and ranking in no way affected matchmaking.
stckrboy wrote:
I expected this to happen to be honest. When MCC originally came out these was no stats transfer from the original games.
Was that their choice, or because bungie switched to 343.
stckrboy wrote:
Was that their choice, or because bungie switched to 343.
No idea, but I can imagine getting all of that information synced and working with a brand new game would not have been an easy thing to do in the slightest. Just thinking about it makes me queasy in terms of the workload that could be involved. Definitely easier to start fresh - also gave people new achievements to work towards, rather than coming into a game with the majority of it already unlocked
Neither Halo 3 nor Halo 4's stats carried over. Why should Reach be different?
hopefully we can get all the armor (like h3) if were not gonna get our stuff/stats.
Yes, in a game such as Halo: Reach, where ranking doesn't change game play, meaning that it is already a level playing field, resetting it is pointless. They are making a mistake in their choice to do this. Also, about playing it brand new, we will already be playing it "brand new" no matter what, but they should allow those of us who have put in the grind to rank up to keep our progress. I was not angry at the beginning of the week, however, since more and more bad news such as this and the fact that they do not plan on releasing Halo 5 nor Infinite in any foreseeable future onto PC, can you see why some of us would be upset?
I am a huge fan of Halo: Reach. I reached inheritor last year. I know what the grind feels like. I'm sorry for those of you that haven't reached inheritor yet and will have to start over. But I think we should just be grateful that 343 is going to have Reach on the MCC and PC with 60fps/4K/HDR. I never thought that day would come, and I bet some of you didn't either.

Reach is slowly losing players every year. The servers are not doing well, the file browser hasn't' worked in ages, and the population has dropped to only a few thousand. Reach is on it's last legs unfortunately.

But what this news means is that Reach will continue to live on for years to come. It will be more beautiful and better than ever. No more black screens. No more grifball peace games. Quitters will be punished like they should. No more motion blur or jittery frames. There will be some growing pains don't get me wrong, but the final product will be glorious.

I think that resetting the ranks is the right thing to do for new players of Halo: Reach on Xbox and PC. It would be a nice nod to veteran players to include their Xbox 360 Rank on their service record. That I would like to see.

I know it might be disappointing for some, but just imagine how many new people we will be able to play Halo: Reach with! : )

343 is rectifying their previous neglect with Halo: Reach. They are finally giving it the treatment it deserves. I think we can all appreciate that. : )
At least it is to and from Xbox One to PC.
I agree vets who have reached inheritor should receive a gift or the helmet again,why grind again? these games do get boring after years. not feeling the hype......
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10