OP scoutnolan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. ...
  7. 10
Honestly i think 343 not carrying over progress is a terrible idea. Its a copy and paste retweaked to work with newer hardware. Its not a new game so why wipe the slate for everyone? I would understand if it was a remastered version but it is not. I would not buy this version of reach until after someone reviews it post release, just in case they are selling a turd painted in gold by cutting some corners. I personally think its worth 10 to 15USD leaniing closer to 10. I would strongly advise against pre ordering.
Honestly i think 343 not carrying over progress is a terrible idea. Its a copy and paste retweaked to work with newer hardware. Its not a new game so why wipe the slate for everyone? I would understand if it was a remastered version but it is not. I would not buy this version of reach until after someone reviews it post release, just in case they are selling a turd painted in gold by cutting some corners. I personally think its worth 10 to 15USD leaniing closer to 10. I would strongly advise against pre ordering.
Nothing from any other legacy game in MCC was ever transferred over. I don't know the exact ins-and-outs of why, but I have to imagine building migration tools to pull in stats from hundreds of thousands of players, saved in different formats, across multiples games, over almost 2 decades, would not be a fun task at all and would take a huge amount of time (and you can take this from a developer who's team built a migrate tool for a much smaller app, across a single version, for nowhere near as many users, and it was an absolute nightmare).
As upset as I am about this, I understand that and respect the fact that they thought that, logistically, it would be too difficult to transfer the stats and progression from Halo Reach. It is something that we'll just have to accept and endure. A new era of Halo with a clean slate. We get to progress just as we did on the Xbox and make memories on this new platform. Obviously it may be annoying that you have to spend the time to get the same gear you already had, but it really isn't about the customization. Its about the growth of the game, the community and a new method of enjoyment for the people that have been following this game for years.
stckrboy wrote:
Nothing from any other legacy game in MCC was ever transferred over. I don't know the exact ins-and-outs of why, but I have to imagine building migration tools to pull in stats from hundreds of thousands of players, saved in different formats, across multiples games, over almost 2 decades, would not be a fun task at all and would take a huge amount of time (and you can take this from a developer who's team built a migrate tool for a much smaller app, across a single version, for nowhere near as many users, and it was an absolute nightmare).
Imo a mistake. If fans can put in hundreds of hours, 343 should honor it.
Now you can't see your spartan armor in the service record.
Here on waypoint? That feature was retired long ago. It won't update ever again and if you change your gamertag (like I did), it'll revert to Default.
Nothing is being taken away though. Your legacy stats have and will always be accessible in their own respective games and you can still view them here on Waypoint, so they are still honoured
Here on waypoint? That feature was retired long ago. It won't update ever again and if you change your gamertag (like I did), it'll revert to default.
Quote:
I didn't know that I am kind of new in waypoint.
stckrboy wrote:
Nothing is being taken away though. Your legacy stats have and will always be accessible in their own respective games and you can still view them here on Waypoint, so they are still honoured
It divides the community, and infuriates the people who have been playing the most.
How does it divide the community?
Not sure that it divides the community, but it makes sense that people would be frustrated that their legacy stats will not be accessible through the MCC. Personally, I'm not going to waste my time grieving over the last progression. I just want to play the game and enjoy it on the PC. That's just something that needs to be accepted. There's no sense in dwelling on this. When it is time, play the game and progress just as you had on the base game.
stckrboy wrote:
Among other aspects such as 343’s inability to maintain the legacy servers or even bother replying here with any degree of frequency to many posts about the subject, a lot of day-one players like myself and just long-time players in general want to keep adding on to what we already have and/or don’t trust 343 to provide a stable gaming experience on the MCC either. None of us care about trivial things like rank, armor, or even commendation progress - we just want the ability to keep adding onto our stats. You have mentioned why this would be a difficult thing to do and I can respect that, Safety is just saying that a lot of players with our mindset will be sticking to the original rather than migrating over to play on the MCC. What percentage? Who knows.

Off-topic - how are the servers in MM, any better nowadays? I only rarely play it and stick with FF where I would rather be booted into my own match. I think I played a few games of swat and infection last week and still had some players not make it into games a couple times in addition to the usual search restarts etc...
Ranks should be translated, it’s possible for them to do it. They have a big budget.
Highly unlikely but dunno maybe they’ll change their minds in the future.
im almost to general and it sucks to lose it
stckrboy wrote:
Hey man sorry, just noticed this now. Very basically....you'll have one group playing og reach, the other on mcc.
Sorry, but im tired, lol.
WillyMcFly wrote:
Ranks should be translated, it’s possible for them to do it. They have a big budget.
Highly unlikely but dunno maybe they’ll change their minds in the future.
im almost to general and it sucks to lose it
We couldn’t care less about rank transferring as it means nothing at all. As per my previous post all we would want is our stats carried over but none of it is going to happen. Like stckrboy said, we will have to stick to the original version to maintain them.
stckrboy wrote:
Hey man sorry, just noticed this now. Very basically....you'll have one group playing og reach, the other on mcc.
The same basically applies to Halo 3 and 4. Both also started anew and no one complains about them. Why is Reach suddenly a big deal?
stckrboy wrote:
The same basically applies to Halo 3 and 4. Both also started anew and no one complains about them. Why is Reach suddenly a big deal?
Reach isn't "suddenly a big deal", people that worked hard to achieve their progression awards on Reach, put simply, would like to have it accessible in the MCC. Nobody is making a big deal of it. This is a just a forum, where people chat on a topic about things they'd like to see. Would I be happy if they somehow managed to transfer the Legacy stats to the MCC? Yes. Do I believe that they will be able to do so? No, but that isn't a reason to not hope that this could change. As I've said in the past, I don't quite care about the progression. I'm in it for the game. As long as I receive a functioning game, which I will be, I'll be fine. I'm simply attempting to elaborate on other posts on this topic and hopefully bringing some form of understanding as to why they are confused about Legacy stats not transferring.

Also, your Halo 3 and Halo 4 comment isn't relevant. Halo: Reach was and is its own game. It had its own players and community. You're basing your point off of the idea that everybody that has played Reach has also played Halo 3 and Halo 4, which isn't true. Not saying that many Reach players did not play Halo 3 or Halo 4.
Mega Cini wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Reach isn't "suddenly a big deal", people that worked hard to achieve their progression awards on Reach, put simply, would like to have it accessible in the MCC. Nobody is making a big deal of it. This is a just a forum, where people chat on a topic about things they'd like to see. Would I be happy if they somehow managed to transfer the Legacy stats to the MCC? Yes. Do I believe that they will be able to do so? No, but that isn't a reason to not hope that this could change. As I've said in the past, I don't quite care about the progression. I'm in it for the game. As long as I receive a functioning game, which I will be, I'll be fine. I'm simply attempting to elaborate on other posts on this topic and hopefully bringing some form of understanding as to why they are confused about Legacy stats not transferring.

Also, your Halo 3 and Halo 4 comment isn't relevant. Halo: Reach was and is its own game. It had its own players and community. You're basing your point off of the idea that everybody that has played Reach has also played Halo 3 and Halo 4, which isn't true. Not saying that many Reach players did not play Halo 3 or Halo 4.
So... Halo 3 and 4 don't have their own community? What kind of idea is that? Every game has it's own followers and community.
No, I'm not basing it out of that idea, in fact, I didn't even think of it that way.
Well, I'd argue that Halo 3's progression is way harder than Reach. I mean... in Reach, all you have to do is participate. Yeah, it'd take a long time to rank up, but in that game, rank =/= skill. With Halo 3, you need actual skill to rank up, surely that's way more rewarding and a high rank means someone with high skill. If anything, if I was a fan by the time, I'd complain over my Halo 3 stats not being carried over instead of Reach any day of the week.
Mega Cini wrote:
stckrboy wrote:

So... Halo 3 and 4 don't have their own community? What kind of idea is that? Every game has it's own followers and community.
No, I'm not basing it out of that idea, in fact, I didn't even think of it that way.
Well, I'd argue that Halo 3's progression is way harder than Reach. I mean... in Reach, all you have to do is participate. Yeah, it'd take a long time to rank up, but in that game, rank =/= skill. With Halo 3, you need actual skill to rank up, surely that's way more rewarding and a high rank means someone with high skill. If anything, if I was a fan by the time, I'd complain over my Halo 3 stats not being carried over instead of Reach any day of the week.
Reach has a legacy stat feature. But all stats should have come over as legacy stats for mcc. I havent taken any part in a halo message board since halo 3, and i regret not voicing my opinions at the beginning of mcc. I have a lot of reach stats, so i joined this board and am doing so now. 😀
scoutnolan wrote:
Thoughts on the fact that 343i is not carrying over your Halo: Reach 360 stats onto the MCC? Came home for spring break and was alive with hype over the announcement about MCC on steam and decided to grind the rest of the way to Mythic which I just got today. Then I read the news that the stats wont carry over. All around this news kills the hype for Reach on steam, and I do not think I will be purchasing. 343i is poking with my emotions and sentiment here, and I initially was a fan, however-now it's like seeing an old friend move away to a far away town. So much time and effort spent to get to that rank, and I guess I will have to say farewell. Hopefully the devs will see this and re-think it, but I doubt they'll miss one player. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Good point on the matter but I already own MCC on Xbox so if it's just an update then I don't really care! But I see what you mean I also wanted the states to carry over but considering H3 didn't and the same with H4 I wasn't really surprised when they said Halo Reach wouldn't
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. ...
  7. 10