Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

HALO WARS REMAKE ?!?!?

OP mrrory10

So what do you think of that idea ?
I really want to see a halo wars 2 with atleast a 5 vs 5 or more with alot more leaders to choose from
It would be cool for the PC if they want to keep the same gameplay. I mean playing on the Xbox controller does not compare against the advantage a mouse and keyboard offer for RTS. And yeah I would buy the remake and/or sequel.
Halo wars 2 + mammoths mantises broadswords and the forerunners. Enough said.
I don't think remaking Halo Wars is a good idea. A Halo wars two on the other hand....
Halo Wars was a very good game but instead of a remake they should make Halo Wars 2.
O:
Halo Wars 2 would be a much better idea.
I'm guessing this won't happen, but we can dream. I love Halo Wars, and played it to death online. At the top of my game, I was in the top 100, but that was probably because only around 10,000 people or so were still playing. Per month that is, the number per night was more like 4,000 or less xD
The game just wasn't popular enough to warrant a successor, be it a remake or a sequel. It had a cult following, but the money just isn't really there.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm guessing this won't happen, but we can dream. I love Halo Wars, and played it to death online. At the top of my game, I was in the top 100, but that was probably because only around 10,000 people or so were still playing. Per month that is, the number per night was more like 4,000 or less xD
actually if I am correct, 343 did state when they first took over the halo franchise that they would reach out and do more the just first person shooter.(some one correct me if I am wrong about this statement at all) So with that being said, Halo Wars 2 might be coming down the pipe here soon. they could just be waiting for enough of their story to take shape.

I mean would you rather have it be just covident, UNSC with small bits of flood or forerunner. or have it be 4 different groups with there own leaders in it?
I would like to see Halo wars 2.
Why remake it when we could get a sequel? It definitely has the potential.
Personally the story is good. Yesterday I watched every single cutscene from the game. But the gameplay I didn't like. I don't see a remake anytime soon.
It would be cool for the PC if they want to keep the same gameplay. I mean playing on the Xbox controller does not compare against the advantage a mouse and keyboard offer for RTS. And yeah I would buy the remake and/or sequel.
It was designed to be played on console and I think worked really well with the controller and having spent a lot of time playing it, believe that it was the one RTS where a keyboard and mouse wasn't necessary.

However, having recently played Lemmings on a tablet, could see Halo wars working brilliantly as a touch screen game.

I would buy also buy a remake or sequel too.
EmiDidact wrote:
Personally the story is good. Yesterday I watched every single cutscene from the game. But the gameplay I didn't like. I don't see a remake anytime soon.
The cut scenes were truly awesome! I loved the game' play though ;)
I really enjoyed the game a lot. Halo Wars felt like something fresh and different from the FPS we got from the other games, and I still play it to this day. If they decide to remake, I'll buy it on release day, same for a sequel.