Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo Waypoint (Xbox 360 App)

OP xRNMxSnipeKinG

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Is the Halo Waypoint (Xbox 360 App) going to be impacted by the sunset of Halo Xbox 360 services?

Also, I have read somewhere (can’t remember where) that currently the app is broken and sometimes fails to unlock awards when it’s supposed to, is this true?
Is the Halo Waypoint (Xbox 360 App) going to be impacted by the sunset of Halo Xbox 360 services?

Also, I have read somewhere (can’t remember where) that currently the app is broken and sometimes fails to unlock awards when it’s supposed to, is this true?
As far as i know it wont be impacted but who knows. Yes there is a armor set that won't unlock if you put in the code after doing the requirements. But i believe everything else works fine.
The app doesn’t update any of the content like news stories and so on anymore. It’s no longer supported, so there are some things that work and others that don’t. You can view your service record and stuff, but I think some functionality surrounding inputting codes no longer functions as it used to.
Are you guys referring to the Raider DSTT helmet avatar award and armor set?
I think so, if 343 closes the halo servers, they will also close halowaypoint 360.
I like it and when you are starting halo waypoint Xbox gives you oracle 343
I still visit Halo Waypoint on the 360 quite frequently, and it's still awesome! I was also able to unlock the Raider set (for Halo 4) a few weeks ago without problems, hooray! The only thing on there that doesn't work is the videos, which is disappointing, but most other things seem to work fine in my experience.
I still visit Halo Waypoint on the 360 quite frequently, and it's still awesome! I was also able to unlock the Raider set (for Halo 4) a few weeks ago without problems, hooray! The only thing on there that doesn't work is the videos, which is disappointing, but most other things seem to work fine in my experience.
Do you know if the Reach beta hoodie is still unlockable? “Earning every Halo achievement across every game also unlocked this item, though the most recent Anniversary title update removed this feature.” -https://halo.fandom.com/wiki/Halo_Waypoint
I am wondering if 343 changed it back to unlockable, assuming this was ever true.
Do you know if the Reach beta hoodie is still unlockable? “Earning every Halo achievement across every game also unlocked this item, though the most recent Anniversary title update removed this feature.” -https://halo.fandom.com/wiki/Halo_Waypoint
I am wondering if 343 changed it back to unlockable, assuming this was ever true.
Unfortunately, I do not know, sorry...I wasn't even aware that it might have had an additional unlock method. I've just looked at the Waypoint Awards and the Halo Reach Beta Shirt is "earned by participating in the Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta." Since that is no longer an option, if the other method was actually true, then it is most likely no longer available to unlock. Still, I wonder why 343 would have removed that accessibility, seeing as it's very difficult to achieve.
Unfortunately, I do not know, sorry...I wasn't even aware that it might have had an additional unlock method. I've just looked at the Waypoint Awards and the Halo Reach Beta Shirt is "earned by participating in the Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta." Since that is no longer an option, if the other method was actually true, then it is most likely no longer available to unlock. Still, I wonder why 343 would have removed that accessibility, seeing as it's very difficult to achieve.
Yeah that would have been nice. I wonder the same thing myself.
i havent turned my 360 on in ages but im going to give it a try before everything sunsets at the end of the year, not much hope since the app is broken in pretty much every other platform tho
EdMRod93 wrote:
i havent turned my 360 on in ages but im going to give it a try before everything sunsets at the end of the year, not much hope since the app is broken in pretty much every other platform tho
What other platforms are you referring to?
The app is already pretty much abandoned and I dont know of any technical reasons why the server sunsets would actually affect the current waypoint app at its current update, I am fairly confident it will be completely unaffected by the sunsets.

Waypoint is also getting an expected revamp so who knows, maybe the console side app will also finally get updated again.
The app is already pretty much abandoned and I dont know of any technical reasons why the server sunsets would actually affect the current waypoint app at its current update, I am fairly confident it will be completely unaffected by the sunsets.

Waypoint is also getting an expected revamp so who knows, maybe the console side app will also finally get updated again.
Yeah that would be great. Maybe they could even make the Beta hoodie obtainable by requiring all players to get every single achievement in halo 360 games again, since most achievements will be unobtainable soon.

Yeah that would be great. Maybe they could even make the Beta hoodie obtainable by requiring all players to get every single achievement in halo 360 games again, since most achievements will be unobtainable soon.
That's a good point, I would also be down for getting more profile rewards for milestones and feats.

That's a good point, I would also be down for getting more profile rewards for milestones and feats.
Yeah that would be great as well
Well, for the last few days the What's New tab as well as the other tabs to the right of it, and several other tabs throughout Waypoint 360 no longer display their image and instead show a "Loading Error" text. Clicking on any of these tabs bring up the following message: "There was an error loading your article from the Halo Waypoint server."
Note: the Halo 4 Intel tab still displays its image but can no longer be accessed, just like the image-less tabs.

I suspect that the upcoming forum changes are what might be causing this, and it makes me a little sad, because it is unlikely the functionality will ever be restored, since Halo Waypoint on the 360 has been defunct for long time.

Probably no
Well, for the last few days the What's New tab as well as the other tabs to the right of it, and several other tabs throughout Waypoint 360 no longer display their image and instead show a "Loading Error" text. Clicking on any of these tabs bring up the following message: "There was an error loading your article from the Halo Waypoint server."
Note: the Halo 4 Intel tab still displays its image but can no longer be accessed, just like the image-less tabs.

I suspect that the upcoming forum changes are what might be causing this, and it makes me a little sad, because it is unlikely the functionality will ever be restored, since Halo Waypoint on the 360 has been defunct for long time.
That sucks, is the Halo 4 Intel tab essential for unlocking avatar awards/armor?

That sucks, is the Halo 4 Intel tab essential for unlocking avatar awards/armor?
No, I don't think so. It just features tabs for Halo 4 enemies, weapons, armour and even maps, with an image and descriptions for each. Still a shame to lose it, though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2