Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Halo waypoint xbox 360 shutdown

OP cfblockbuilder

Why did 343i shutdown halo waypoint?
It's an old service that requires resources to keep updated. Also, not many people used it after a certain point, so it made sense to retire it.
tuhin94 wrote:
It's an old service that requires resources to keep updated. Also, not many people used it after a certain point, so it made sense to retire it.
Wait...is the Halo Waypoint app on X360 officially closed and nonexistent now? I owned X360 earlier this year and unlocked the Halo: Reach armour, if the app is shutdown I feel blessed getting it in time.
If it's officially been closed does it appear on the X360 marketplace if it does what happens when you boot it up, any retirement messages? Question also for cfblockbuilder
tuhin94 wrote:
Wait...is the Halo Waypoint app on X360 officially closed and nonexistent now? I owned X360 earlier this year and unlocked the Halo: Reach armour, if the app is shutdown I feel blessed getting it in time.
If it's officially been closed does it appear on the X360 marketplace if it does what happens when you boot it up, any retirement messages? Question also for cfblockbuilder
You can open the app and everything, but you'll notice all the news stories and stuff are from years ago. As for the marketplace, the app is still there. "Retire" was not really the best word.
tuhin94 wrote:
Its non responsive to being logged on to.
tuhin94 wrote:
If it says something like "Try again later" or "Failed to connect" it might be a connection issue or in-app issue, I've experienced this a couple times recently... try again in 10,30, 60 min or the day after. The app should still be running it's just not being updated and maintained so it may have minor issues. If there's some other problem feel free to let me know!
tuhin94 wrote:
If it says something like "Try again later" or "Failed to connect" it might be a connection issue or in-app issue, I've experienced this a couple times recently... try again in 10,30, 60 min or the day after. The app should still be running it's just not being updated and maintained so it may have minor issues. If there's some other problem feel free to let me know!
Because it's been shutdown (its servers) that's what I'm saying and I have alot of codes that I have found I need to enter.
tuhin94 wrote:
Because it's been shutdown (its servers) that's what I'm saying and I have alot of codes that I have found I need to enter.
Oh really, so it's official the app no longer works? What happens when you try to launch the WP X360 app, if it's been announced they shutdown the app I missed it I'm very interested in knowing more about the status of WP app :) You're codes are they Glyphs or numbers/letters? Number & Letter codes I'm sure can be redeemed on this site but I'm assuming you have glyph codes since the threads title is X360? If the app has shutdown as you mentioned then glyph codes I don't think would work anymore and if I'm correct the "online website glyph" redeeming system was retired some years ago, hopefully someone can correct or confirm this for me and anyone else passing by.
tuhin94 wrote:
Oh really, so it's official the app no longer works? What happens when you try to launch the WP X360 app, if it's been announced they shutdown the app I missed it I'm very interested in knowing more about the status of WP app :) You're codes are they Glyphs or numbers/letters? Number & Letter codes I'm sure can be redeemed on this site but I'm assuming you have glyph codes since the threads title is X360? If the app has shutdown as you mentioned then glyph codes I don't think would work anymore and if I'm correct the "online website glyph" redeeming system was retired some years ago, hopefully someone can correct or confirm this for me and anyone else passing by.
The codes are both and a redeem code for a armour set code you get with the exclusive halo 4