Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Handling your Specialization Message

OP GHAL416

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
i accidently deleted mine, is there ANY way to get it back?
Quote:
i accidently deleted mine, is there ANY way to get it back?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure of there being a particular way outside of posting in the official thread at the top concerning the specialization codes or calling XBox Support. Sorry to hear that man :/
I called Xbox, they told me to post in the forum thread. better toss my hat right back into the ring :/
Quote:
I called Xbox, they told me to post in the forum thread. better toss my hat right back into the ring :/
Yeah, if anything post in the official thread up top, let them know of the situation, and hopefully you'll get a new one. That's really all you can do at the moment I guess.
Bumping yet again for those still waiting. Hope the messages are reaching you all.
I JUST DID THAT
guess its gone...
I JUST DID THAT
guess its gone...
Quote:
I JUST DID THAT
guess its gone...
Yeah, if you accidently deleted it, there is no way to recover the message. Short of posting in the specializations topic up top about the situation or calling XBox Support, there isn't much to do.
So wait... how does this show up? Does it show up like a message in your inbox, or what?
Quote:
So wait... how does this show up? Does it show up like a message in your inbox, or what?
It will be in your message inbox on the Dashboard. The same one you get game and party invites.

You can see it on XBox.com, but it can only be read on your console.
Quote:
Quote:
It will be in your message inbox on the Dashboard. The same one you get game and party invites.
Alright, that's what I thought. Just surprised I haven't received it yet. Thanks for your help!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up about the "don't quickly press "A"". Very nice to have that info, too bad that Microsoft will have to resend codes because of this issue.

I'll be checking and redeeming my code via Xbox.com anyway, so I shouldn't have to worry about that!
You can redeem it on Xbox.com, but you won't be able to actually read the message there. I tried. You have to be signed into LIVE on your console to actually read the text, including the code, of the message. When you try to read it on the website, you get a message saying "this message can be read on your Xbox 360" or something to that effect. Just a heads up.
That is beyond asinine. Thank you for the heads up on that one! But at least I can see that I have a message from the LIVE team and then I'll know it's the code and can go on my Xbox for it.

So stupid on how MS is dealing with this...
Pretty sure there's a security reason as to why codes cannot be read on xbox.com and only on the xbox itself.
No problem. I only got mine last night and have seen others get it through today, so I'm sure that the messages are out there but just haven't come through on account of system overload. You should get yours soon hopefully.
Bump
I got mine via actual e-mail. well, looks like i'll hit the specializations like everyone else...:/
Good advice, and smart thInking about warning everyone, but my question is, once it's redeemed in the marketplace, then what? I have nothing showing as available for options in the hub for specializations, it's all still locked up! Seriously, 343 almost did an increadible job with this game... It's great, but not up to where it needed to be in order for us to not be missing bungie right now (Theater should be enough said)
Quote:
Good advice, and smart thInking about warning everyone, but my question is, once it's redeemed in the marketplace, then what? I have nothing showing as available for options in the hub for specializations, it's all still locked up! Seriously, 343 almost did an increadible job with this game... It's great, but not up to where it needed to be in order for us to not be missing bungie right now (Theater should be enough said)
Yes I agree there are still things to fix. Hopefully, a title update will be released in time regarding those concerns. As for the specializations, they will be locked until you reach a certain level. To change to your first specialization, you need to reach level 50. After you max that specialization in 10 levels (Spartan L60), you then can change to a new one. This continues until you max out at L130 I think(You have leveled up all the specializations and have all the perks from leveling them all to L10). Hope this helps.
Bumping for those of you still waiting or just got one. Hope it's coming along great.
Not sure what happen. I didnt delete the message (thanks) but nothing happen when I redeem'd the code. Not sure what went down but they're all still locked......
I used only one finger while opening the message and kept my foot out of range, it was like perfroming surgery. I was so excited I came extremely close to pressing A again... I would have thrown myself of a bridge.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3