Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Help! File share is not working!

OP JmCrashing264

To anyone who has ever been experience with file share with your file browser in Halo reach with your hard drive, I am having frustrations and trouble with the file share. Everytime I attempt to download something, such as a map or gametype, the only message that is displayed is [Transfer failed, a file could not be transferred]. I don't know if this has to do with my xbox, or hard drive itself, but I can not download ANYTHING currently. This started happening today, yesterday was completely fine. Someone help if anyone has any answers. I hope I am not the only one experiencing this.

Thanks, Blazzin
I believe this is related to the work 343 have been doing to upgrade the file system for UGC content. They're still working in right now, hopefully that work should be completed soon.
stckrboy wrote:
I believe this is related to the work 343 have been doing to upgrade the file system for UGC content. They're still working in right now, hopefully that work should be completed soon.
Is that User Generated Content? And is this specific to just Halo: Reach or all Halos? I wasn't aware work was being done but this is great to hear.
JB Linken wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Is that User Generated Content? And is this specific to just Halo: Reach or all Halos? I wasn't aware work was being done but this is great to hear.
Yep, have a read over the last few pages of this topic for more details
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/343-response-reach-servers-down/57350f64-2ad9-4189-8c18-79084a3dccb9/posts
stckrboy wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Yep, have a read over the last few pages of this topic for more details
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/343-response-reach-servers-down/57350f64-2ad9-4189-8c18-79084a3dccb9/posts
Thanks for the link, just gave it a read.

I saw someone mention their Service Record problems there. Do you think this upgrade could be what is impacting the Service Records?
JB Linken wrote:
I saw someone mention their Service Record problems there. Do you think this upgrade could be what is impacting the Service Records?
I don't believe so, but you never know. Depends on how serveces are linked up on the backend