Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

How Is Halo: Reach Like?

OP Nightcaster460

Just bought the game today. I'm so excited to play it. Please no spoilers for the story, weapons, and characters. What I want to know is how it's like. Is it like ODST or does it go back to the style of Halo 2/3? Do you explore big open levels like ODST? From the cover, it looks like we're Spartans once again. Do you like the game?
You do play as a Spartan. While there isn't a hub to explore like there is in ODST, there are plenty of large open levels for both ground and air-based gameplay along with some linear areas - if you want to go off the beaten track you'll have lots of opportunities to do so, but there are some annoying kill barriers if you stray too far out of bounds.

MCC Reach is the game I'm looking forward to the most this year - really looking forward to playing it all again with KBM, higher framerates, and nicer graphics.
Just bought the game today. I'm so excited to play it. Please no spoilers for the story, weapons, and characters. What I want to know is how it's like. Is it like ODST or does it go back to the style of Halo 2/3? Do you explore big open levels like ODST? From the cover, it looks like we're Spartans once again. Do you like the game?
You get to play as a Spartan. The levels are pretty big and fun to explore especially the "New Alexandria" level. The sky box is breathtaking. Halo Reach has a fantastic story and multiplayer is a blast! I hope you enjoy your first experience! Keep in mind that Halo Reach will be coming to MCC very soon as well. That will probably be your best option for multiplayer seeing as there aren't many people who still play on 360.
You get to play as a Spartan. The levels are pretty big and fun to explore especially the "New Alexandria" level. The sky box is breathtaking. Halo Reach has a fantastic story and multiplayer is a blast! I hope you enjoy your first experience! Keep in mind that Halo Reach will be coming to MCC very soon as well. That will probably be your best option for multiplayer seeing as there aren't many people who still play on 360.
Aaah.
The gameplay is similar to Halo: Combat Evolved in that there's fall damage, no dual wielding, and you need health packs to refill your health. You play as your multiplayer Spartan across all modes, you have access to Armor Abilities which allow you to do things like sprint and fly should you pick one up, and the missions are pretty linear despite their implied scale. The game's a decent farewell from Bungie, but people definitely tend to exaggerate its quality by treating it as this thing that should never be criticized.