Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

How is the population doing?

OP awesomquantum90

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Picking up the game and going to jump in after I finish CE Anniversary(I'm fresh meat!). just wondering if the MP is healthy enough to be able to jump on at any day in the week and find a match.
Picking up the game and going to jump in after I finish CE Anniversary(I'm fresh meat!). just wondering if the MP is healthy enough to be able to jump on at any day in the week and find a match.
Surprisingly, yes. Even for being like an 8 year old game; like a few thousand players still play. Though I havenn't really been on for about 10 months, people have showed where they can get into a match with full teams in like 30-40 seconds. Some days, the player counter may only say a couple of people or even 0, you can't go by that. I've been able to play like 10 matches of SWAT in a row with pretty much every match having little to no repeat players.
Surprisingly, yes. Even for being like an 8 year old game; like a few thousand players still play. Though I havenn't really been on for about 10 months, people have showed where they can get into a match with full teams in like 30-40 seconds. Some days, the player counter may only say a couple of people or even 0, you can't go by that. I've been able to play like 10 matches of SWAT in a row with pretty much every match having little to no repeat players.
Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely go and hop onto a match or 100 in order to raise that population count further. So happy to finally be jumping into Halo!
And to add to that note, it sounds like a lot of people have been leaving Halo 5 and going back to Halo Reach while they wait for Halo 6.
Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely go and hop onto a match or 100 in order to raise that population count further. So happy to finally be jumping into Halo!
Glad you can enjoy it. Halo Reach did have probably one of the best Multiplayer expierenes, well...when people aren't cheating. But like I said...I've mostly played only SWAT and I don't see many cheaters if any at all. I have seen a lot in Big Team Battle and Griffball is just a cesspit of Peace Matches (where both teams will just sit and goof off in a corner to run the timer up to earn as many cR/credits they possibly can while doing absolutely nothing. THen they will constantly kill/teamkill anywho who actually tries to play the match legitly like it should.
Glad you can enjoy it. Halo Reach did have probably one of the best Multiplayer expierenes, well...when people aren't cheating. But like I said...I've mostly played only SWAT and I don't see many cheaters if any at all. I have seen a lot in Big Team Battle and Griffball is just a cesspit of Peace Matches (where both teams will just sit and goof off in a corner to run the timer up to earn as many cR/credits they possibly can while doing absolutely nothing. THen they will constantly kill/teamkill anywho who actually tries to play the match legitly like it should.
I literally just ordered a copy of Halo 5 and Reach, the free weekend of Halo 5 really made me have fun, I hope it doesn't die anytime soon, so I'll be frequenting custom games and grifball on 5 and play most slayer games on Reach. Slayer in 5 really kind of annoys me with all the sprinting; I'm a new Halo fan but I remember when I was 6 I played OG Halo 3 and the movement was so incredibly good. I can kind of see why people didn't exactly agree with 5, iron sights and all...and as for 4...I can really see how people hated on it. Sprinting was somewhat of an odd addition.
I literally just ordered a copy of Halo 5 and Reach, the free weekend of Halo 5 really made me have fun, I hope it doesn't die anytime soon, so I'll be frequenting custom games and grifball on 5 and play most slayer games on Reach. Slayer in 5 really kind of annoys me with all the sprinting; I'm a new Halo fan but I remember when I was 6 I played OG Halo 3 and the movement was so incredibly good. I can kind of see why people didn't exactly agree with 5, iron sights and all...and as for 4...I can really see how people hated on it. Sprinting was somewhat of an odd addition.
That and most people hate the shoulder slam/spartan charge also. That and Reach has probably the better Firefight mod. Don't get me wrong, I love Warzone Firefight in Halo 5, but Firefight really did it well out of the entire series. Though you can't beat OG Firefight from ODST.
That and most people hate the shoulder slam/spartan charge also. That and Reach has probably the better Firefight mod. Don't get me wrong, I love Warzone Firefight in Halo 5, but Firefight really did it well out of the entire series. Though you can't beat OG Firefight from ODST.
I actually didn't know about the shoulder slam and ground pound, I guess it kind of reminds me of the Titan ability from Destiny. I also already own ODST, but I want to finish Halo 1 and 2 beforehand. I guess I'll just complete a whole collection of the Halo games and check them all out.
I actually didn't know about the shoulder slam and ground pound, I guess it kind of reminds me of the Titan ability from Destiny. I also already own ODST, but I want to finish Halo 1 and 2 beforehand. I guess I'll just complete a whole collection of the Halo games and check them all out.
Out of all the Halo games, ODST and Reach are at the top of my list for best stories.
Let's all get a game
Make sure you avoid Grifball unless you have a group of people wanting to play before searching. The entire playlist is people farming for credits.
DabzRFun wrote:
Let's all get a game
You mean all of use join up in a match? Cause if so, I'd be down for that though sadly I don't have Xbox Live/Gold currently.
I love the gameplay, just wish the community would get the clue that all DLC is now free so we see more DLC maps appear in the playlists for matchmaking (they are there, they are just buried under a lot of forge world and vanilla map variants. and they only appear if all players have the DLC. So far I've only been able to do one dlc game with a friend where as the rest of the time its just a no go. And its a shame to because I feel that Reach had the best looking and designed maps in its DLC
I love the gameplay, just wish the community would get the clue that all DLC is now free so we see more DLC maps appear in the playlists for matchmaking (they are there, they are just buried under a lot of forge world and vanilla map variants. and they only appear if all players have the DLC. So far I've only been able to do one dlc game with a friend where as the rest of the time its just a no go. And its a shame to because I feel that Reach had the best looking and designed maps in its DLC
DLC exclusion makes me sad. Too many uninformed people haven't downloaded the DLC! They really need to, I too, felt like Reach had some great maps.
Team Slayer, Infection, and Grifball have high populations.

SWAT, Invasion, Multi-team, and Firefight have wavering populations.

Everything else has little to no population.

Rumble Pit isn't doing too bad. There's about 100 or so players in it at peak, or at least that's what the population counter says, but it's still pretty easy to find matches during primetime.

Rumble Pit isn't doing too bad. There's about 100 or so players in it at peak, or at least that's what the population counter says, but it's still pretty easy to find matches during primetime.
Yes, that and BTB. I forgot about some playlists, my apologies.

I wouldn't call Grifball having a "good" high population since the vast majority of the matches are "Peace" matches full of people who don't even play the match to boost cR.

And SWAT seems to be pretty steady. It's mostly the only gametype I find worth playing anymore these days and usually has enough players where you could easily have 10 matches in a row with little or no repeat players.
I dontd like return to old online games, but i had very special moments whit HR, much better than H5
I dontd like return to old online games, but i had very special moments whit HR, much better than H5
Halo Reach is one of those older games that has aged surprisingly well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3