Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

How is the population doing?

OP awesomquantum90

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
There is plenty of population in REACH in Team Slayer, BTB, Infection. Other playlists you just have to try - it depends what time zone you are in.
What always surprises me is that there always seem to be plenty of new players in this game. They must be new because sometimes I kill them more than they kill me (which is mainly due to them not knowing where the power weapons are and definitely not because I have more skill)

The Armour abilities and bloom in TS make it a bit of a 'like it or loathe it' version of Halo. The armour abilities are tweaked and bloom is less in the TU playlists.
Surprisingly well for a game that's 7 years old. I find games in the BTB playlist under 5 minutes.

I don't know how the other playlists are going with their numbers, but I think you can find games there nicely quick, just have to play during the game's primetime.
Surprisingly well for a game that's 7 years old. I find games in the BTB playlist under 5 minutes.

I don't know how the other playlists are going with their numbers, but I think you can find games there nicely quick, just have to play during the game's primetime.
I could easily find matches in SWAT in like less than a minute.
Reach is still going strong, you shouldn't have any problems with finding a game, though it depends on what playlist. And yeah more people been going back to reach because Halo 5 is tedious for some people now
Yeah, Reach is still going strong. Just stay away from MLG. That entire playlist is dead. Reach was not designed for competitive play. It was designed to have fun. Also, watch out for the hackers. They are kinda running wild now that 343 has let Reach govern itself...
Anyways, Reach isn't quite what it was in the golden days. I was around during those days, but I was too young to understand anything that was going on. However, whatever those haters that think that Reach isn't canon, just don't listen to them. Reach is still a great game, and a game that I frequent. The clans can be sketchy, but it is a good way to get a whole team. Searching for groups is a great way to get some laughs! Just don't expect to get the group together again...
One last thing, don't think you are going to get any of the limited edition options, like the flames, recon, or a few other things. You can only access the original Waypoint on the 360, instead of the One. If you try to access it on the One, you will just be redirected to Halo Channel.
Picking up the game and going to jump in after I finish CE Anniversary(I'm fresh meat!). just wondering if the MP is healthy enough to be able to jump on at any day in the week and find a match.
Reach I've heard is one of, if not the best game in the series, and the numbers show! I myself haven't played in a while, (trying to get playing again, downloading it tonight actually) but I've heard of people having quick search times in a game that's 8 years old. Pretty good
BENNBOT22 wrote:
Yeah, Reach is still going strong. Just stay away from MLG. That entire playlist is dead. Reach was not designed for competitive play. It was designed to have fun. Also, watch out for the hackers. They are kinda running wild now that 343 has let Reach govern itself...
Anyways, Reach isn't quite what it was in the golden days. I was around during those days, but I was too young to understand anything that was going on. However, whatever those haters that think that Reach isn't canon, just don't listen to them. Reach is still a great game, and a game that I frequent. The clans can be sketchy, but it is a good way to get a whole team. Searching for groups is a great way to get some laughs! Just don't expect to get the group together again...
One last thing, don't think you are going to get any of the limited edition options, like the flames, recon, or a few other things. You can only access the original Waypoint on the 360, instead of the One. If you try to access it on the One, you will just be redirected to Halo Channel.
My copy of reach came with a sealed card for the code for a Recon Helmet.

I read somewhere that you unlock a recon helmet through normal leveling, but is this helmet in any way special? It just says recon helmet and frankly I don't want to damage card for collection purposes.
BENNBOT22 wrote:

I read somewhere that you unlock a recon helmet through normal leveling, but is this helmet in any way special? It just says recon helmet and frankly I don't want to damage card for collection purposes.
You can unlock the base Recon helmet in the game normally. But through a pre-order/limited edition, you can get a code for the special UA (Up-Armored) version of the Recon Helmet.
Population is doing so well I took my regular copy back to GameStop and ordered the Limited Edition "black box' version of Halo Reach for $45, which was sealed and unopened. Nice giant case that days "Halo Reach", will be on my desk for a long, long time.

Most of my games take place in Team Slayer and BTB. Having tons of fun.
BENNBOT22 wrote:

If you pre-ordered Halo: Reach, depending on where you get it, you would get certain bonuses. Most of which if you pre-ordered it from Gamestop. You can get recon now through normal leveling, but the pre-order had a unique Recon. I would either use it now, hold onto it, or sell it for some cash.
The only problem is that multi-team is an empty playlist and that was fun back in the day.
The bottom line is this...
If you want to get good at the game, play SWAT. If you want to get credits, group up with ur friends and do griffball. If you want to have quick fun, go Living Dead. For REAL fun, you will want to do Reach's famous custom games!
The only problem is that multi-team is an empty playlist and that was fun back in the day.
Multi-team was great for loading up multi-kills for great montage clips.
Searched for a bit last Thursday midday was surprised I could find games In Invasion within 2 or 3 Minuits.
Zakka v2 wrote:
Searched for a bit last Thursday midday was surprised I could find games In Invasion within 2 or 3 Minuits.
Yes, Reach...despite being an almost 10 year old game, still had a really active player base.
I wouldn't say that the game is alive, more along the lines of it's breathing but it has crutches, if you go into a game for actual fun then you will find a crap ton of players in the normal game modes, and that's really where you should be. Don't come to Reach to be competitive because it's just not that type of game anymore (If it ever was), It's now just a place to screw around on and to test the metal of the players who where here from the earliest times, I hope you have fun on the game but do not expect to hit any super high ranks (Be glad to hit Colonel), just enjoy the class of Halo:Reach.
I wouldn't say that the game is alive, more along the lines of it's breathing but it has crutches, if you go into a game for actual fun then you will find a crap ton of players in the normal game modes, and that's really where you should be. Don't come to Reach to be competitive because it's just not that type of game anymore (If it ever was), It's now just a place to screw around on and to test the metal of the players who where here from the earliest times, I hope you have fun on the game but do not expect to hit any super high ranks (Be glad to hit Colonel), just enjoy the class of Halo:Reach.
I've been working on my Ranking just fine. Currently working through Field Marshal. Also, if you do the Daily and Weekly challenges, you can earn a lot of cR easily.
I've been working on my Ranking just fine. Currently working through Field Marshal. Also, if you do the Daily and Weekly challenges, you can earn a lot of cR easily.
True, but if you just play to play, you aren't going to get far in ranks.
True, but if you just play to play, you aren't going to get far in ranks.
True.
How popular is halo 5 right now ? or should i stay playing reach?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3