Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

How is the population doing?

OP awesomquantum90

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Reach is such a classic Halo game, especially since it is the last Halo that Bungie developed! They did an excellent job with the story, in my opinion. I especially enjoyed multiplayer when I used to play it, just so fluid and enjoyable even with the armor enhancements (which I mainly used very little except for sprint).
It keeps bringing a smile to my face... Yes! xD
It's almost a 10 year old game, but as I've been active for a couple weeks or so, the player count is around 1000 in the mornings and 3000-4000 in the best of evenings/nights.
The most played modes would be Slayer, SWAT, Infection, BTB and Firefight.

Fun fact: Actually a couple of days ago Invasion actually had a population of 70-80 players for a fleeting moment! :') It was touching to get to play even for a moment.
Kerindor96 wrote:
How popular is halo 5 right now ? or should i stay playing reach?
Hopped on to a match of 5 last night, it's still alive and healthy, you can usually find a match in every gamemode in around 1 - 2 minutes.

Also hopping on for Reach; I matched in a 1v1 versus a guy because somehow the rest of the lobby didn't load in and all he did was camp behind the rocks/top of the map with jetpack and pop out with a needler every so often. He even messaged me after just to insult me for actually playing lol. Why do people in older games do this. This kills the game. Should I open up my nat to find more matches?

Edit: Holy plasma stickies, batman! I posted this a year or so ago and it just got fresh replies, I literally just finished CE yesterday after life events shifted things up. The Halo community does have a such a great way of working, haha.
Kerindor96 wrote:
How popular is halo 5 right now ? or should i stay playing reach?
Hopped on to a match of 5 last night, it's still alive and healthy, you can usually find a match in every gamemode in around 1 - 2 minutes.

Also hopping on for Reach; I matched in a 1v1 versus a guy because somehow the rest of the lobby didn't load in and all he did was camp behind the rocks/top of the map with jetpack and pop out with a needler every so often. He even messaged me after just to insult me for actually playing lol. Why do people in older games do this. This kills the game. Should I open up my nat to find more matches?

Edit: Holy plasma stickies, batman! I posted this a year or so ago and it just got fresh replies, I literally just finished CE yesterday after life events shifted things up. The Halo community does have a such a great way of working, haha.
i just played a few arena swat games was pretty quick but felt like 20 people just playing this mode :D
Well that depens on when you get on during evenings on work days it’s populated and during weekends it’s always populated.
5 is still populated enough. During school hours finding a match that doesn't include rubber banding is a bit tedious, but after school hours the servers fill up. I even catch a good Minigame now and then in customs, though I do pray they'll bring Minigames back into the Social fold (but I doubt it).

The backwards compatibility Halo 4 is basically dead, with only 200 - 400 players at peak hours, and mostly in BTS. Which for me is just fine, I played CoD 2: BRO YEARS after it's release. And that only had a community of like, 30 people at that time.

MCC is golden. I haven't had a single issue finding slayer matches for any of the games, except 4. I keep anything 4 related not checked. Why bother if I have it anyway?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3