Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

How Kat's... [Spoilers]

OP SaviorNight

Spoiler:
Show
Pretty sure she was shot through the head with a needle rifle because her shields were down due to the emp blast, unless this is some kind of joke thread that I'm missing the point of? Expected something about her atrocious driving when I first clicked on it tbh.
Kat died from a needle rifle round to the head. The Field Marshal that escaped from the beginning kills her. Six then kills the Field Marshal in the final mission of the campaign (not counting Lone Wolf).
or maybe it was just the greatest damn ricochet of all time by a UNSC officer left at the nightclub of the same mission @-@
Interesting theory
Kat died from a needle rifle round to the head. The Field Marshal that escaped from the beginning kills her. Six then kills the Field Marshal in the final mission of the campaign (not counting Lone Wolf).
In the game files it is actually a focus rifle
The shot in the cutscene LOOKS like a needle rifle but it is actually a focus rifle
It isn't like that in the cutscene, though. Both the sound and animation are that of a needle rifle.
It isn't like that in the cutscene, though. Both the sound and animation are that of a needle rifle.
Well, the sound and shot looks like a needle rifle, but behind the phantom, there was a floating focus rifle that actually made the shot. You aren’t meant to see it tho.
Well, the sound and shot looks like a needle rifle, but behind the phantom, there was a floating focus rifle that actually made the shot. You aren’t meant to see it tho.
Huh. I actually did not know that. In canon though, the Field Marshal is wielding a needle rifle, and it is from that where Kat meets her fate.
Huh. I actually did not know that. In canon though, the Field Marshal is wielding a needle rifle, and it is from that where Kat meets her fate.
In canon Kat did get killed by the needle rifle so you are right
i cant remember did kat have her helmet on or not becauseif she did wouldnt it take a few shots
i cant remember did kat have her helmet on or not becauseif she did wouldnt it take a few shots
She did, but her shields were in the process of rebooting after the radiation blast from the glassing nearby.
The game didn't show their shields go down when that happened though.
The game didn't show their shields go down when that happened though.
The small animation of losing ones shields is probably just a gameplay mechanic more than part of the lore, much like how sprint is an ability in Halo: Reach, rather than something the Spartans should be able to do anyway.