Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

How many of you are truly enjoying Halo 4?

OP Faeyrin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
aside from the immmeasurable rage incurred by being sniped by boltshots and hearing that mauler on crack every five seconds in EVERY game I play, Yes I very much enjoy halo 4.

carbine FTW
I really dislike the game. To me Halo 4 is a gimmick and a magnet to all pre teens with the ability to use their high pre pubescent screams to mum and dad to go out and buy them the latest thing to own.Most of the players in H4 MM. Actually gave up their Moshi Monster memberships, because their freinds told them it is better than strapping a sock on with the lights out.
As for 343. Could you try any harder to delete Bungie from the Halo existence? Talk about Egotistic.
I really, really enjoy this game, for what it is at the core. I don't care if it's like CoD or whatever, it works imo and it's really fun. However, there is no denying there are many things wrong with this game, and it's far from perfect:

- Lagginess online, oh my, this has really gotten on my nerves as of lately
- A pure progression ranking system
- The amount of bugs and glitches is astounding and there's no excuse for it
- Playlists being taken away, lack of other gametypes/playlists, and the fact most of the time, there's a 1:1 relationship between game types and playlists
- Lack of fileshare/file browsing
- Lack of custom game options
- Where are the Forge World maps????
- Boltshot

The game is great, and I really like the campaign, but all of these things listed above do put a damper on its enjoyment, and frankly, I'm getting sick of it.
Not me really. But then again I am accustomed to the greatness we had in matchmaking/online multiplayer with Halo 2 and 3 having played both of those throughout the online duration for each.
I think one of the issues you all have is your only focus is multiplayer. 343i made so many connections between the campaign and spartan 4's I think it was a really well made game. The campaign is fun (maybe a little easy on Legendary solo) and Spartan Ops has been a fun story line to follow. Many other Ops based multiplayer concepts these have a point. I think we need to consider that people are playing other aspects of the game not just the war games. So here is a list of what this game has to offer:

1) A well created story that follows the halo series in games and books really well.
2) A fun and campaign that can be played over and over without losing its luster.
3) A spartan Ops story that adds to the game giving it more depth.
4) War Games with different tiers, weapon load outs, and many other new ideas.
5) A hidden world for ONI Section 3 operatives to find Glyphs and unlock codes for people to get free EXP and items because you can't take the time to figure it out for yourselves.
6) The patience to deal with people that buy games just so that they can complain about it and then go out and buy the sequel.

343i did a really good job trying to keep with the original Halo theme, look, and story. It is more then just a multiplayer game. Those that feel that way are not real fans of the HALO story.

I THINK ITS TOPS.
Quote:
Not me really. But then again I am accustomed to the greatness we had in matchmaking/online multiplayer with Halo 2 and 3 having played both of those throughout the online duration for each.
h2 was definitely not greatness.
Quote:
I am, for the most part.

I just can't stand PV, AC, TP (in Flood), Stickies as a loadout option, insta-respawn, DMR dominance, Scattershot inconsistencies, personal ordinance, among other things that I can't name off the top of my head.
I feel exactly the same. I can't seem to play more than an hour or two before I get bored. The lack of static weapon spawns and the randomness of personal ordinances really turns me off after a few games, and don't even get me going on instant spawns....
Quote:
Quote:
HAHA whatever you say. Halo 1, 2, and 3 were all a hell of a lot better than Halo 4. Someone must have just got their butt whooped at halo 2.

I know halo 2 started out with a bunch of bugs but Halo 2s bugs were better than the things 343 thinks they got right with Halo 4.
Campaign: Awesome.
Spartan Ops: Unique. Not perfect, but I like it.
Matchmaking: Sh­it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
HAHA whatever you say. Halo 1, 2, and 3 were all a hell of a lot better than Halo 4. Someone must have just got their butt whooped at halo 2.

I know halo 2 started out with a bunch of bugs but Halo 2s bugs were better than the things 343 thinks they got right with Halo 4.
Halo 2 was cest pool of moders, standbyers, and bridgers. Anyone who played ranked matches in the high 30s or low 40s knows this. I would say you must have gotten your butt kicked to not notice such bs.
I'm enjoying Halo 4 thoroughly. Yes, they released the game too earlier and subsequently, have a lot of issue within the first two months. But, other than that I love Halo 4. BTS is so enjoyable.
I've had some of the most fun matches in my Halo career on Halo 4
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Halo 2 was cest pool of moders, standbyers, and bridgers. Anyone who played ranked matches in the high 30s or low 40s knows this. I would say you must have gotten your butt kicked to not notice such bs.
I was in the mid to high 30s and know all about the cheaters. Even with them Halo 2 was still better.
Halo 4 in it's current state sucks dong, there is literally no good playlists currently. The game feel's like a beta. Get a decent ranking system, put weapons on static timers and get some decent maps. Whilst your at it, get shot of sprint and instant respawn.
Halo 4 custom games are some of the most fun I've had in a Halo game. And I played the -Yoink!- out of Halo 3 customs.

BINARY SLAYER FTW!!!
I could probably list 20 things off the top of my head but I'll stick to my top 2 and probably most-important disappointments of this game. I enjoyed the campaign for the most part but in all honesty, this game shouldn't have come out when it did and it left many die-hard halo fans, especially us who read the books, scratching or heads. I say they should have at least waited until Halo: Silentium came out, that way we could have at least kept pace with the story and also to give 343i some much needed time to balance the game out for "new" onslaught of multiplayer. Halo 4's multiplayer drags down all previous installments of Halo and slaps them haphazardly into one game, as I'm sure most have noticed. Regardless, I'm sure 343i had plenty of gripes from Microsoft, saying to push the game out faster and you get, what you get as the result... Also, who thought Legendary difficulty was a joke in the campaign? Seems like Heroic doesn't it? Easier?
Quote:
how many of you are actually waking up every day and truly wanting to play this game.
I do. Then again, I've got other responsibilities, so a lot of times, I can't.

Quote:
So with that being said, how do you feel about this game?
It's a good game. I enjoy a lot of elements on it. However, there's things I also dislike about it.
Barely any enthusiasm for campaign.

How can I not mock the game? The campaign is a lackluster failure.
I am enjoying the game quite a bit.

The Campaign was nicely balanced. The story is good, although Cortana irritates me at times. I do wish there was more variety with the Forerunner enemies (hopefully in the sequels). It was a smidge too short.

The Spartan Ops are absolutely fantastic. I love the story line and I really have enjoyed the games, which are fun either solo or with a teammate or two.

Multiplayer (other than private matches) is not something I've ever really been into. I started dabbling with it in Reach, but have really jumped in with Halo 4. It's completely addicting, especially when trying to move to the next SR, or get a commendation. I'm horrible at it, but at least I am having fun with it.

The music on a couple levels and on the start screen really has gotten on my nerves.

Reach and Halo 3 each seem to have a bit more 'gravity' to their campaigns. They were more impactful with the storylines, but I'm still happy.

All and all a great value for my money, and a great addition to the Halo Family.

I still miss Brutes and the Flood though!
There are some things that need to be fixed, but overall, it's a great game, and a lot of fun!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5