How to get the Halo Waypoint Armors for Halo Reach

OP Blodhgarm92

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
Okay, so I see this question being brought up a lot and people keep making threads asking how to get the armors from the Xbox 360 Halo Waypoint App. I am making this post as a "Learn everything" post so people can finally stop re-posting/re-asking "How do I..." all the time.

First off, I will tell you how to access the area to check the armor sets available in Halo: Reach through the Waypoint App. The first thing you do, obviously, is to boot up the Halo Waypoint Application on the Xbox 360 console. There have been issues in the past with accessing/using the application so it may take a few times. I used the Waypoint App just fine like a month ago with no real issues. Next, you want to tab over to the left and look for "Waypoint Career". From there, then tab to the left to "Halo: Reach Service Record". After that, you should easily be able to find the "Halo: Reach Armor" which will have all the armor you can unlock and how to unlock them.

Now, onto each armor pieces and how to unlock them. The main armors that can be unlocked through is the Military Police helmet, CQB helmet, and Security torso. Below is a list of the requirements that needed to be met to unlock each armor piece.

And that is all the armors and what is needed to unlock them through the Halo Waypoint App. On an added side note, to increase your "Career Milestone", all you have to do is just earn achievements in any Halo game.

And as for an added bonus to people wondering how to get the special flaming helmets or custom nameplates, because I see these posted time and time again as well...here they are and how to get them; as well as any of the special pre-order or limited edition items.
  • Recon UA/HUL(3) Helmet - Obtained by Pre-Ordering a copy of Halo: Reach from Game-stop. (Seeing as the game has been out for quite some time now, this one is no longer available unless you have already acquired this item.)
  • UA Multi-Threat Mjolnir Mark V(B) Chestplate - Obtained by Pre-Ordering a copy of Halo: Reach from Game-stop. (Seeing as the game has been out for quite some time now, this one is no longer available unless you have already acquired this item.)
  • Elite Officer Armor - Obtained via code provided in a Limited Edition copy of Halo: Reach (Can pretty much only be purchased off the Internet, unless you are lucky enough to find a store that still sells unopened copies of the game.)
  • Legendary (Red Flaming Helmet) - Included with the Legendary Edition of Halo: Reach (Can pretty much only be purchased off the Internet, unless you are lucky enough to find a store that still sells unopened copies of the game.)
  • Eternal (BUNGiE Blue Flaming Helmet) - Unlocked with Bungie IOS app (No Longer available unless already acquired.)
  • Special/Custom Name/Face-plates - Unlocked with Bungie IOS app (No Longer available unless already acquired.)
This means, if you want the Legendary Red Flaming helmet effect, good luck finding an unopened Legendary edition of Halo: Reach that still has the code for the Red Flames. As for the Eternal Blue Flames and the special player nameplates...you can no longer obtain these items unless you've already obtained them in the past. If you missed your chance at getting them, well...sucks for you...because you can't get them. (I myself is included in missing out.) I personally only managed to get the Recon UA/HUL(3) Helmet and the Elite Officer Armor. I am not sure how I got the Recon Helmet since I didn't Pre-Order the game but I was lucky enough to find the local Wal-Mart was selling a few of the Limited Edition versions of the game a couple of years back and I snatched one while I could.

And there it is. All the special unlocks obtained through means outside of Ranking up and spending cR in the game's Armory. Hopefully this clears anything confusion up, and will take care of any future questions so people can stop making tread after thread after thread asking again and again and again how to obtain these items. So please read and share this thread so you can save people a lot of time and trouble...and also so the Admins/Mods don't have to keep posting "Don't bring up old threads." when people keep posting the same threads over and over. Hope this helps!
Oops! One important fact I left out.

Once you have unlocked these armors though the Halo Waypoint App for Halo: Reach, they will be available in Halo: Reach if played on Xbox One through backwards compatibility. Same thing for any items gotten through codes via the Limited or Legendary copies of the game. If you have already obtained the items like the Legendary Flames Helmet Effect, Pre-Order Recon Helmet, or Elite Officer Armor on Xbox 360...to get those items, just find them in the store for Halo: Reach on Xbox One and simply re-download/install them. You don't have to repurchase them.
Thanks.

very useful
You are welcome.
Hey man, you said that to upgrade your milestones you'll need to unlock achievements, do already unlocked achievements count towards leveling up? Or do they have to be unlocked prior to signing in to halo waypoint?
X Gresh wrote:
Hey man, you said that to upgrade your milestones you'll need to unlock achievements, do already unlocked achievements count towards leveling up? Or do they have to be unlocked prior to signing in to halo waypoint?
Already unlocked achievements will count but only for the supported Halo games. Halo 2 Vista as well as modern Halo Xbox One titles are not supported.
Is there a way to get the armor on Xbox one? Because I don't have a 360
Is there a way to get the armor on Xbox one? Because I don't have a 360
Not without the Waypoint app unfortunately. It does require a 360.
What if you don't have your 360 anymore?
What if you don't have your 360 anymore?
that is the only way, unless you have a friend with a 360 that might let you sign in on their's and go to waypoint on their's. no matter what it can only be done via xbox 360's Halo Waypoint
So to PHYSICALLY UNLOCK the armor I have to go on the 360 waypoint app, go to halo reach service record, go to halo reach armor, and press unlock on the armor I want or something? Because I already have all the achievements necessary to get the Military Police helmet.
This helped a lot, thank you sir.
So to PHYSICALLY UNLOCK the armor I have to go on the 360 waypoint app, go to halo reach service record, go to halo reach armor, and press unlock on the armor I want or something? Because I already have all the achievements necessary to get the Military Police helmet.
That is correct.
That is correct.
awesome ok
Life savor <3
Glad to have been able to help people with this ^.^
*bump*
Can a mod/admin lock this thread to the top of the Reach Forum page so people can stop making one thread after another asking how to get these armors?
*bump*
Can a mod/admin lock this thread to the top of the Reach Forum page so people can stop making one thread after another asking how to get these armors?
Great idea, pinned it. Thanks for putting this together OP!
stckrboy wrote:
*bump*
Great idea, pinned it. Thanks for putting this together OP!
Glad to have been able to help ^^
Seriously thank you dude the second I get gold on Xbox live I will do this cause I really want some of those costimization options
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7