Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

[Locked] How to rank up to inheritor fast!

OP WalrusHobbit

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
TBH If you're not Inheritor by now then you just don't have the dedication to do it. ^__^

Just playing normally over the course of these past 5 years should be way more than enough to get you to inheritor.
My 360 broke back in 2011 so I never touched Reach again until it recently became backwards compatible with XB1. In 1 month of casual playing, I went from Recruit to Brigadier Grade 1. That's roughly 1.5m credits.

I found Grifball to be the fastest credits by far. 9/10 times I get matched with players who prefer to just idle with the bomb and never score. I get about 8,000 credits per 15 minute game, which means a max of 32,000 credits per hour if I'm lucky although realistically its usually 15,000-25,000.

BTB is also decent, but not nearly as good. (Frequent teammate quitting and therefore: losing)

If you want to play solo, 2x Score Attack and Gruntpocalypse are the best gametypes in Firefight. It takes me 7-8 minutes to finish a game and I get 1500-2000 credits per game. 2x Score Attack is also great for getting your commendations up.
HALOM45T3R wrote:
TBH If you're not Inheritor by now then you just don't have the dedication to do it. ^__^
Just playing normally over the course of these past 5 years should be way more than enough to get you to inheritor.
My 360 broke back in 2011 so I never touched Reach again until it recently became backwards compatible with XB1. In 1 month of casual playing, I went from Recruit to Brigadier Grade 1. That's roughly 1.5m credits.

I found Grifball to be the fastest credits by far. 9/10 times I get matched with players who prefer to just idle with the bomb and never score. I get about 8,000 credits per 15 minute game, which means a max of 32,000 credits per hour if I'm lucky although realistically its usually 15,000-25,000.

BTB is also decent, but not nearly as good. (Frequent teammate quitting and therefore: losing)

If you want to play solo, 2x Score Attack and Gruntpocalypse are the best gametypes in Firefight. It takes me 7-8 minutes to finish a game and I get 1500-2000 credits per game. 2x Score Attack is also great for getting your commendations up.
That's my boy :P

Grifball as I said, is a faster method but Firefight is safer.

Specific weapon "Attacks" give you an extra + 50% damage (= 150% ) and replace the Armor Lock with Evade, final waves aren't stealth Elites.

And I would say Skirmigeddon is faster and safer than Gruntpocalypse since Skirmishers run faster and aren't as dangerous as Grunts that can throw grenades and use Fuel Rod Guns (they can headshot you that's all) , I never noticed if Skirmisher kills give more Cr than Grunt kills but always aim for the head for headshot kill which is a commendation.

Since Skirmishers don't use explosive weapons, they can't kill themselves like that unlike Grunts or Brutes.

You can play normal Firefight with random players too, normal Firefight is like triple Score Attack (one set, not one round) , average reward is around 5000 but you have commendations kill (heavy, precision, automatics, vehicles, etc... ) that add even more Cr.

EDIT : took around 1.5 years to reach Inheritor, some Grifball here, tons of Firefight games, some coop campaign games and a lot of custom challenges (the usual 1000 kills/medals in Firefight that give 20 000 Cr, yes two challenges at the same time) .
I just play a ton of firefight and grifball.
Challenges and grifball
Grifball
Lots of firefight, go for commendations in every category, including campaign, and do every daily/weekly challenge if you can manage it. Being decent at multiplayer helps too, as you can get performance bonuses.
I see alot of people playing Grifball and just standing there and AFKing the entire game. It seems that's the "fastest/easiest way" to rank up now. I think holding the ball gives you more points too. IDK tho.
What you gotta do is do the challenges (firefight is the easiest) you should play score attack 2x (MAKE SURE ITS 2X IN THE VOTING SCREEN) and play 1-2 times to complete all firefight challenges. If you want to complete campaign challenges do it yourself offline, you can go back that way. If you want to get a lot of credits without playing grifball, play infection, its really easy to get kills. Will post more after asked questions.
I wonder that to lad but i play other games lad so just take your time at playing the game do not just do grif ball do some BTB and Slayer you will get better at the game. also play custom games.
Play a lot
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5