Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

I like this game a lot more than I used to

OP annarborjack

I remember when this game first came out, I was 14 at the time in November 2012, I enjoyed it for the first like, three days, then I started to hate it and never wanted to touch it again. And to be honest, for two whole years I didn't play it until MCC came out in November 2014. And since then, I have grown to like and appreciate this game a lot more. Is it still my least favorite Halo game? It for sure is, it still has a ton of flaws, primarily the artstyle, I really don't like this game's artstyle, and the gameplay and the way it's designed is pretty iffy, but overall, it still is a very fun game to play. I can pour a lot of hours into the Multiplayer and have fun with it, and I do think the Campaign is probably the franchise's most creatively ambitious.
In my opinion the art in Halo 4 is much better than the view in halo 5, the Spartans looked much more real, although the multiplayer was unbalanced by spartan abilities.
In my opion I loved Halo 4 it was a great game.
I really appreciate Halo 4 and it's multiplayer. Originally I wasn't a huge fan but it's really grown on me and I really enjoy multiplayer. The end of campaign still gets me all choked up
Halo reach may have been the game that introduced me to halo but H4 is what locked it in for me.
Halo 4 had the campaign i liked the most, i love how creative it is! It took Halo in a new direct story wise and really mixed things up, and that ending is fantastic. As for the multiplayer, its of course the same gameplay as Reach, however you had loadouts. Hate me all you want, but i liked the loadouts. And the skins for the weapons were really cool too! The armor customization was improved upon Reach's in almost everyway. The gameplay in general i really liked, i always loved Halo 1-3 but Reach and 4 had this perfect balance between streamlined cod-esque gameplay and classic Halo gameplay, a balance i think Halo 5 failed to do, even if i enjoyed that game alot. Halo 4 was also the first game to have on of my favorite armors, the Warrior set. I love Halo 4, nuff sed.
I remember when this game first came out, I was 14 at the time in November 2012, I enjoyed it for the first like, three days, then I started to hate it and never wanted to touch it again. And to be honest, for two whole years I didn't play it until MCC came out in November 2014. And since then, I have grown to like and appreciate this game a lot more. Is it still my least favorite Halo game? It for sure is, it still has a ton of flaws, primarily the artstyle, I really don't like this game's artstyle, and the gameplay and the way it's designed is pretty iffy, but overall, it still is a very fun game to play. I can pour a lot of hours into the Multiplayer and have fun with it, and I do think the Campaign is probably the franchise's most creatively ambitious.
I'm glad there are people in this community like you. You can still have fun with the game that's considerably the most hated in the series. I also enjoy this game a lot, and I do agree with your point on the art style. It's not my favorite game, but I still enjoy it for some fun custom game matches, and the story isn't bad either.
Halo 4 had the campaign i liked the most, i love how creative it is! It took Halo in a new direct story wise and really mixed things up, and that ending is fantastic. As for the multiplayer, its of course the same gameplay as Reach, however you had loadouts. Hate me all you want, but i liked the loadouts. And the skins for the weapons were really cool too! The armor customization was improved upon Reach's in almost everyway. The gameplay in general i really liked, i always loved Halo 1-3 but Reach and 4 had this perfect balance between streamlined cod-esque gameplay and classic Halo gameplay, a balance i think Halo 5 failed to do, even if i enjoyed that game alot. Halo 4 was also the first game to have on of my favorite armors, the Warrior set. I love Halo 4, nuff sed.
I feel somewhat in a weird position in the Halo community. I liked the loadouts in the game too. I don't think the series needed them, but for just this one game, I liked them. I like the customization as well.

Also, I like playing Halo 4 over Halo 5. At least Halo 4 didn't have a req system, had everything at launch, and had split-screen.
I feel somewhat in a weird position in the Halo community. I liked the loadouts in the game too. I don't think the series needed them, but for just this one game, I liked them. I like the customization as well.

Also, I like playing Halo 4 over Halo 5. At least Halo 4 didn't have a req system, had everything at launch, and had split-screen.
I agree, very few people think of Halo 4 in a good light, its kinda lonely ;(
The campaign is one of my all time faves.
I like Halo 4 much more than any of the other games. I find it more fun and its a game full of nice memories to me.
I enjoyed Halo 4. Still do. My favorite thing was customizing my loadouts to suit my playstyle and strengths. When Halo 5 came out, I exclusively played that. But when they changed the guns back last year, it really soured the game for me and I started playing the other Halos again, such as this one.