Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

I need some tips with the legendary elites

OP vVvBlack0ps2vVv

i need to know how to kill them fast on legendary because there shields are hard to take down and this is the only campaign i've had a problem with taking down there shields what is the best way to kill them because i really what to beat the Halo: Reach Campaign
Not sure what mission you're on, but for best results, get a DMR and a plasma pistol. When you encounter the elites in question, get into cover and charge up the plasma pistol. Step out and release the charge and it should hit the elite. Then immediately switch to your DMR and shoot the elite in the head.

Putting a sticky bomb on it is also an option, but it's more risky and they generally like to roll out of the way. Hope this helps!
i need to know how to kill them fast on legendary because there shields are hard to take down and this is the only campaign i've had a problem with taking down there shields what is the best way to kill them because i really what to beat the Halo: Reach Campaign
Whenever you have a Needle Rifle, you can utilize this weapon to 'disable' the Elite for a second or two due to them dodging. If you can time your shots properly, they will keep evading. Now if you can land headshots while doing this (which is hard to do), that will take them down with a bit of patience, though on higher level Elite classes, such as Zealots, you may find yourself wasting upto three, if not more Needle Rifle 'clips' to kill them.

Of course you can use other strategy while making them evade, such as moving away or moving in depending on the situation. From there you can switch to a Plasma Pistol, pop their shield and headshot with the Needle Rifle. Sticking them with a plasma grenade is iffy even if you take out their shield after moving forward.

Also strafing while firing will help out alot instead of staying stationary. Whenever you have a non-warthog, non-mongoose vehicle, take advantage of the infinite ammo it provides as this will allow you to conserve your ammo when you have to be on foot. Lastly, if you get a power weapon, try to save it if possible for heavy vehicles and Higher Tier Class Covenant, such as Wraiths, Hunters, Brute Chieftains, Elite Ultras, Elite Generals, and Elite Zealots.

If you can trickshot with the Grenade Launcher, you might find it useful in the campaign as well to commandeer vehicles with it's EMP Effect, which will make matters easier with taking out Elites. Lastly, do not take on Elites with a Shotgun or Energy Sword on Legendary. They have more health and they will win. A gravity hammer is a gamble, because it throws them back.
Whenever you have a Needle Rifle, you can utilize this weapon to 'disable' the Elite for a second or two due to them dodging. If you can time your shots properly, they will keep evading. Now if you can land headshots while doing this (which is hard to do), that will take them down with a bit of patience, though on higher level Elite classes, such as Zealots, you may find yourself wasting upto three, if not more Needle Rifle 'clips' to kill them.

Of course you can use other strategy while making them evade, such as moving away or moving in depending on the situation. From there you can switch to a Plasma Pistol, pop their shield and headshot with the Needle Rifle. Sticking them with a plasma grenade is iffy even if you take out their shield after moving forward.

Also strafing while firing will help out alot instead of staying stationary. Whenever you have a non-warthog, non-mongoose vehicle, take advantage of the infinite ammo it provides as this will allow you to conserve your ammo when you have to be on foot. Lastly, if you get a power weapon, try to save it if possible for heavy vehicles and Higher Tier Class Covenant, such as Wraiths, Hunters, Brute Chieftains, Elite Ultras, Elite Generals, and Elite Zealots.

If you can trickshot with the Grenade Launcher, you might find it useful in the campaign as well to commandeer vehicles with it's EMP Effect, which will make matters easier with taking out Elites. Lastly, do not take on Elites with a Shotgun or Energy Sword on Legendary. They have more health and they will win. A gravity hammer is a gamble, because it throws them back.
Thanks for the tip
Not sure what mission you're on, but for best results, get a DMR and a plasma pistol. When you encounter the elites in question, get into cover and charge up the plasma pistol. Step out and release the charge and it should hit the elite. Then immediately switch to your DMR and shoot the elite in the head.

Putting a sticky bomb on it is also an option, but it's more risky and they generally like to roll out of the way. Hope this helps!
and thank u for the tip too
Looks like this guy's got you covered on the elites but if you ever want a well done, in depth legendary walkthrough of reach (or any halo) look up Hokiebird428 on YouTube. He does deathhless walkthroughs of all missions without skipping any encounters.
Looks like this guy's got you covered on the elites but if you ever want a well done, in depth legendary walkthrough of reach (or any halo) look up Hokiebird428 on YouTube. He does deathhless walkthroughs of all missions without skipping any encounters.
alright i will check him out thanks for the tip
DMR, Pistol, and Needler Rifle with the plasma weapons, mainly the Plasma Pistol will help take down elites.
Noob combo them
Plasma Pistol and DMR combo works best, especially if you know how to line up your shots and pick the right cover, Firefight is perfect practice for this. Also, looking up Mythic Tyrants legendary walkthroughs should help you out as well.
Just t-bag and they shoot you. There: problem solved!
There's some good advice in this thread for dealing with Legendary Elites in the Campaign.

Locustkiller01 mentions the Legendary walkthrough from Hokiebird428; Gold Paladin101 mentions the walkthrough by Mythic Tyrant.
A word about each of these outstanding guides for Halo Campaigns under well nigh impossible odds.

Mythic Tyrant gets an A+ for sheer genius in terms of figuring out how to exploit glitches, as well as for some tricky, but effective, techniques for accessing otherwise impossible to reach areas... using the hammer, or grenade jumps, etc. He also can teach you how to avoid certain enemies, or battles entirely.

Hokiebird, on the other hand, differs totally form Tyrant's approach. Hokiebird does not dodge enemies or battles at all. He does not exploit glitches, either. He simply plays the Legendary Campaign hardcore, in strict conformity with the way the developers actually programmed the game.

I'm not dissing Mythic Tyrant. He's a very smart guy, and a bit of a genius, as mentioned. But if you play the way Hokiebird teaches you, you will eventually become quite adept as a Legendary player. You will learn how to play, not exploit, the game indeed.

A little advice of my own.
Don't waste Plasma Grenades on Elites who are at full health and perfectly aware of your presence and challenge. They'll dodge like champs every single time. If you take one's shields down, a well placed plasma grenade, or even a typical frag, can serve you well, and finish him.
Don't pass up the little Plasma Pistol as an effective weapon in many cases, right by itself, against Elites, the Minors especially.
Of course, the Plasma Pistol/DMR combo works wonders.

Another way, broadly speaking, to hone your skills for Legendary Campaign is to go into Firefight Classic on Legendary difficulty... all by yourself.
Don't tweak the game's settings to your own advantage. Fight the enemy hardcore, the way Bungie programmed it on that difficulty, minus personal customization.
Sure, doing Legendary alone will likely see you getting killed alot. You might not last for one full set at first. But, you will improve if you stick with it.

Again, Be patient with yourself. This is the only way to not lose morale.
Before you know it, you might be good enough to make your own walkthroughs which are not mere copies of those who've gone before you.

What all this will teach you is how to adapt and overcome, using all your armor abilities to advantage, making wise weapon choices, including which Covenant weapons to pick up and use. Targeting specific enemies first can help you control and overtake mobs. Smaller foes will generally panic and lose all their courage when a leader is taken out first thing.
But if you face a pair of Hunters, try to kill their assistants first. Grunts assisting either Hunters or Elites, in fact, will often be the one's who grab the kills... with Plasma Grenades and Fuel Rod Guns.
And, believe it or not, you can actually kill Hunters with Plasma Pistols. No charged shot is necessary. The trick is to get close so he doesn't fire on you, and be ready to dodge melees. Keep tapping him with that little pistol. He'll drop.

Sooner or later you'll become as sneaky and perceptive as a cat; a true predator if ever there was one.
Even a domesticated cat can teach you how to use stealth, in fact; how to use cover, when to strike, when to flee, etc.

Of course, in Firefight you are playing arena style, and enemies will often rush your position. You must think and fight well, on the fly, or die, all in about a few split seconds. Campaign situations, however, often present scenarios where you can take considerably more time, and in which all such qualities of the cat can serve you well.

If you really want to train yourself hard, and to the max, for Legendary Campaign solo, you might customize Legendary Firefight in one particular. Give the Covenant extra skills in their custom settings, such as Marksman shooting ability, Eagle Eye vision, and Sharp hearing. Configure those settings to the customizable Red, Blue, and Yellow skulls, and make them active in every wave of the Covenant. Leave your own settings at normal.
You'll thus face the best of every enemy type. Truth is, one underestimates even the little Grunts at one's peril at such settings, not to mention the Elite bosses and Hunters; and the Skirmishers will prove to be no small part of your challenges, but a great way to hone your skills in terms of strafing, leading shots, and movement. Fact is, I'd rather deal with Elite Ultras and Generals, than a horde of Skirmishers or Jackal Snipers in either Campaign or Firefight.

Incidentally, in all of this, I would stress that you must Be patient with yourself.

Forget running and gunning as folk often do in matchmaking. The idea for me in all Campaigns is to not get killed every few minutes. Indeed, to not get killed at all. I personally never am satisfied until I get through without dying a single time. Think the way a soldier would in real-life fields of battle. Don't settle for, "Well, I'm good. I'll simply respawn." This is true in a video game, but if you fight the way real soldiers do you'll be far more careful.
Getting injured badly enough ruins a real-life troop's career.
Getting killed ends everything in this world for that soldier.

Besides... getting through Halo's Legendary Campaigns, all of them, as well as Reach, doing everything with perfect legitimacy and skill, is, as Elites have been known to say, "deeply satisfying".

With that, friend, Happy Hunting.
:)
There's some good advice in this thread for dealing with Legendary Elites in the Campaign.

Locustkiller01 mentions the Legendary walkthrough from Hokiebird428; Gold Paladin101 mentions the walkthrough by Mythic Tyrant.
A word about each of these outstanding guides for Halo Campaigns under well nigh impossible odds.

Mythic Tyrant gets an A+ for sheer genius in terms of figuring out how to exploit glitches, as well as for some tricky, but effective, techniques for accessing otherwise impossible to reach areas... using the hammer, or grenade jumps, etc. He also can teach you how to avoid certain enemies, or battles entirely.

Hokiebird, on the other hand, differs totally form Tyrant's approach. Hokiebird does not dodge enemies or battles at all. He does not exploit glitches, either. He simply plays the Legendary Campaign hardcore, in strict conformity with the way the developers actually programmed the game.

I'm not dissing Mythic Tyrant. He's a very smart guy, and a bit of a genius, as mentioned. But if you play the way Hokiebird teaches you, you will eventually become quite adept as a Legendary player. You will learn how to play, not exploit, the game indeed.

A little advice of my own.
Don't waste Plasma Grenades on Elites who are at full health and perfectly aware of your presence and challenge. They'll dodge like champs every single time. If you take one's shields down, a well placed plasma grenade, or even a typical frag, can serve you well, and finish him.
Don't pass up the little Plasma Pistol as an effective weapon in many cases, right by itself, against Elites, the Minors especially.
Of course, the Plasma Pistol/DMR combo works wonders.

Another way, broadly speaking, to hone your skills for Legendary Campaign is to go into Firefight Classic on Legendary difficulty... all by yourself.
Don't tweak the game's settings to your own advantage. Fight the enemy hardcore, the way Bungie programmed it on that difficulty, minus personal customization.
Sure, doing Legendary alone will likely see you getting killed alot. You might not last for one full set at first. But, you will improve if you stick with it.

Again, Be patient with yourself. This is the only way to not lose morale.
Before you know it, you might be good enough to make your own walkthroughs which are not mere copies of those who've gone before you.

What all this will teach you is how to adapt and overcome, using all your armor abilities to advantage, making wise weapon choices, including which Covenant weapons to pick up and use. Targeting specific enemies first can help you control and overtake mobs. Smaller foes will generally panic and lose all their courage when a leader is taken out first thing.
But if you face a pair of Hunters, try to kill their assistants first. Grunts assisting either Hunters or Elites, in fact, will often be the one's who grab the kills... with Plasma Grenades and Fuel Rod Guns.
And, believe it or not, you can actually kill Hunters with Plasma Pistols. No charged shot is necessary. The trick is to get close so he doesn't fire on you, and be ready to dodge melees. Keep tapping him with that little pistol. He'll drop.

Sooner or later you'll become as sneaky and perceptive as a cat; a true predator if ever there was one.
Even a domesticated cat can teach you how to use stealth, in fact; how to use cover, when to strike, when to flee, etc.

Of course, in Firefight you are playing arena style, and enemies will often rush your position. You must think and fight well, on the fly, or die, all in about a few split seconds. Campaign situations, however, often present scenarios where you can take considerably more time, and in which all such qualities of the cat can serve you well.

If you really want to train yourself hard, and to the max, for Legendary Campaign solo, you might customize Legendary Firefight in one particular. Give the Covenant extra skills in their custom settings, such as Marksman shooting ability, Eagle Eye vision, and Sharp hearing. Configure those settings to the customizable Red, Blue, and Yellow skulls, and make them active in every wave of the Covenant. Leave your own settings at normal.
You'll thus face the best of every enemy type. Truth is, one underestimates even the little Grunts at one's peril at such settings, not to mention the Elite bosses and Hunters; and the Skirmishers will prove to be no small part of your challenges, but a great way to hone your skills in terms of strafing, leading shots, and movement. Fact is, I'd rather deal with Elite Ultras and Generals, than a horde of Skirmishers or Jackal Snipers in either Campaign or Firefight.

Incidentally, in all of this, I would stress that you must Be patient with yourself.Forget running and gunning as folk often do in matchmaking. The idea for me in all Campaigns is to not get killed every few minutes. Indeed, to not get killed at all. I personally never am satisfied until I get through without dying a single time. Think the way a soldier would in real-life fields of battle. Don't settle for, "Well, I'm good. I'll simply respawn." This is true in a video game, but if you fight the way real soldiers do you'll be far more careful.
Getting injured badly enough ruins a real-life troop's career.
Getting killed ends everything in this world for that soldier.

Besides... getting through Halo's Legendary Campaigns, all of them, as well as Reach, doing everything with perfect legitimacy and skill, is, as Elites have been known to say, "deeply satisfying".

With that, friend, Happy Hunting.
:)
thanks