Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Inclement Weather (and it's extremely high price)

OP Dr Robaldnik

In Halo Reach, the Inclement Weather armor effect is the thing I'm currently saving up for purchase. Every now and then I take a look at the price and I'm just mesmerized (that's a fancy word I haven't used yet) by the price of it: 2,000,000 credits. Sometimes I have a hard time believing it's even over 1 million. It's the only item in the game that I would ask, "Who thought of making it that high?"

Ok, the complaint I have is not the price itself, but just how long it takes to (Halo:) reach it. I don't have a Gold membership, but I do have the free Silver membership, so the only way I can earn credits is by playing the Campaign, Custom Games, Firefight, and Forge. Since I don't have Gold I can only play these modes offline, which means I earn a lot less credits playing matches of anything. A game of Firefight online can give me up to 3,000 Cr (Credits abbreviated,) but playing a game of it offline earns me only about... 310 Cr. Of course, there's challenges, which definitely help, but even then those are random and generally give about 2,000 Cr per challenge (not all of them do but the most I see are 2,000.) This also ties into the fact that I have a Silver account, so I have to hope that at least one of these challenges is Campaign based because Firefight ones are only completable online through matchmaking, and the daily challenges that show up the most can only be done in online multiplayer.

So, with all that in mind, and now that you know the context, unlocking Inclement Weather is a painful experience that tugs on my patience. I also have to deal with fighting the temptation to buy other, less expensive items in the Armory, and that's gonna hit me hard if I somehow get enough for the Pestilence armor effect, which is half as much as Inclement Weather, being at 1,000,000 Cr. To those who have earned enough credits and ACTUALLY worked to purchase it (I'm looking at you hackers,) I salute you. You guys deserve a gold medal. No actually, you deserve 2,000,000 dollars in REAL money. You have the patience of a god. I'll continue to push through the battle myself. Wish me luck!

Edit 9/17: At the moment I have about 200,000 credits so I still have a lot left to earn.

Edit 9/20: I'm currently at the rank of Legend, so that's how I can earn about 300 Cr per game of Firefight offline. I found out that when your rank is higher, the more credits you'll get because when I was Hero I earned around 250 Cr per match.
Good luck Spartan!
I would recommend to play on multiplayer if you want to purchase Inclement Weather. Yes, you can get some extra credits by doing weekly challenges, but that would require years to unlock!
By the time you reach Nova rank, you would have enough to have bought everything in the armoury. Honestly, the real challenge starts when you have everything unlocked saved for the Haunted Helmet (which is unlocked at the very last rank) and you have to accumalate hundreds of thousands of cR without anything to spend them on. In my opinion, we should have been given the option to donate unwanted cR to one player on your friends list once a month.
Save your credits, play alot of SWAT, and continue to grind. You'll get there eventually. Halo Reach's grind was brutal but worth every second.
As great as it is your committed, its going to take far more time than I think you realize. You have to receive a certain amount of credits to level up each time, you would have to reach a least nova. There's a video that can explain this much better than I can, but if you search "What It Takes To Get Max Rank in Halo Reach OFFLINE" by Luke thenotable on YouTube it can give you a idea of what you have in store. Hopefully this helps, but you don't have to reach max rank, but nova is about half way to max rank.
Recon494 wrote:
As great as it is your committed, its going to take far more time than I think you realize. You have to receive a certain amount of credits to level up each time, you would have to reach a least nova. There's a video that can explain this much better than I can, but if you search "What It Takes To Get Max Rank in Halo Reach OFFLINE" by Luke thenotable on YouTube it can give you a idea of what you have in store. Hopefully this helps, but you don't have to reach max rank, but nova is about half way to max rank.
Link: I suggest you switch to Gold. You will lose all progress and start at Recruit again but by playing online you'll get there much quicker despite the setback. I just received Lightning Effect in January, I know what it takes.
Well, if you gained the rank Legend by playing offline, i would suggest you to continue that way (or you will lost ranks)
Well, if you gained the rank Legend by playing offline, i would suggest you to continue that way (or you will lost ranks)
Actually, I used to have a Gold membership, so some experience ranking up was through online. I won't have to worry about restarting at a lower rank because I already did that years ago when I first got Xbox Live.
Oh i see. So, it's up to you man! :)
Save your credits, play alot of SWAT, and continue to grind. You'll get there eventually. Halo Reach's grind was brutal but worth every second.
Personally, i would follow this suggestion.
Oh i see. So, it's up to you man! :)
Personally, i would follow this suggestion.
Mutliplayer is always the way to go and SWAT always results in the quickest games. Aside from that, I'd set up next to a second TV and watch Netflix or Hulu or football or whatever you'd prefer while grind out games of Firefight in matchmaking. It's not ideal but if you enjoy Firefight and don't want to deal with PvP multiplayer, it's a decent backup.
Yeah, Reach was ridiculous in a lot of its requirements. I remember feeling super satisfied once I got Inclement Weather.

I wish you the best of luck!
In Halo Reach, the Inclement Weather armor effect is the thing I'm currently saving up for purchase. Every now and then I take a look at the price and I'm just mesmerized (that's a fancy word I haven't used yet) by the price of it: 2,000,000 credits. Sometimes I have a hard time believing it's even over 1 million. It's the only item in the game that I would ask, "Who thought of making it that high?"

Ok, the complaint I have is not the price itself, but just how long it takes to (Halo:) reach it. I don't have a Gold membership, but I do have the free Silver membership, so the only way I can earn credits is by playing the Campaign, Custom Games, Firefight, and Forge. Since I don't have Gold I can only play these modes offline, which means I earn a lot less credits playing matches of anything. A game of Firefight online can give me up to 3,000 Cr (Credits abbreviated,) but playing a game of it offline earns me only about... 310 Cr. Of course, there's challenges, which definitely help, but even then those are random and generally give about 2,000 Cr per challenge (not all of them do but the most I see are 2,000.) This also ties into the fact that I have a Silver account, so I have to hope that at least one of these challenges is Campaign based because Firefight ones are only completable online through matchmaking, and the daily challenges that show up the most can only be done in online multiplayer.

So, with all that in mind, and now that you know the context, unlocking Inclement Weather is a painful experience that tugs on my patience. I also have to deal with fighting the temptation to buy other, less expensive items in the Armory, and that's gonna hit me hard if I somehow get enough for the Pestilence armor effect, which is half as much as Inclement Weather, being at 1,000,000 Cr. To those who have earned enough credits and ACTUALLY worked to purchase it (I'm looking at you hackers,) I salute you. You guys deserve a gold medal. No actually, you deserve 2,000,000 dollars in REAL money. You have the patience of a god. I'll continue to push through the battle myself. Wish me luck!

Edit 9/17: At the moment I have about 200,000 credits so I still have a lot left to earn.Edit 9/20: I'm currently at the rank of Legend, so that's how I can earn about 300 Cr per game of Firefight offline. I found out that when your rank is higher, the more credits you'll get because when I was Hero I earned around 250 Cr per match.
I honestly feel bad for you if you’re trying to unlock it offline. A good grifball match for me will grant me 20,000 credits at the rank of eclipse. Good luck on your mission

Edit 9/17: At the moment I have about 200,000 credits so I still have a lot left to earn.Edit 9/20: I'm currently at the rank of Legend, so that's how I can earn about 300 Cr per game of Firefight offline. I found out that when your rank is higher, the more credits you'll get because when I was Hero I earned around 250 Cr per match.
I honestly feel bad for you if you’re trying to unlock it offline. A good grifball match for me will grant me 20,000 credits at the rank of eclipse. Good luck on your mission
20,000? Are you farming?
omarlotrc wrote:

20,000? Are you farming?
No if both teams don’t score in a grifball match that’s the average credit payout
omarlotrc wrote:

20,000? Are you farming?
No if both teams don’t score in a grifball match that’s the average credit payout
I really hope MCC's progression system does not take after Reach's in this regard. An inability to score should not be rewarded with a bigger payout.
Good luck man. I hope the reward is worth the work!
I don’t believe the 2,000,000 price was intended to be purchased with credits that were acquired solely with a silver membership, which is the problem you’re facing. If you had gold you would be getting the higher payouts which is what the unlocks are based off of, 2 million isn’t all that outrageous if you were to have a gold account, yes it takes a bit even at gold but it’s also the most expensive unlock.
good luck
I don’t believe the 2,000,000 price was intended to be purchased with credits that were acquired solely with a silver membership, which is the problem you’re facing. If you had gold you would be getting the higher payouts which is what the unlocks are based off of, 2 million isn’t all that outrageous if you were to have a gold account, yes it takes a bit even at gold but it’s also the most expensive unlock.
good luck
I am hoping that MCC Reach allows players with silver accounts to unlock things more easily.