Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Inheritor in Reach

OP UK1V

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So I never played Reach back in the day and I’ve been going through completing every Halo achievement. I’m 8 away from completely unlocking all obtainable Halo achievements that register with Waypoint. I’ll need another goal soon, so will it be doable working towards unlocking Inheritor in Reach?

I don’t think I’m a very high rank, I think I’m a captain or something.
UK1V wrote:
So I never played Reach back in the day and I’ve been going through completing every Halo achievement. I’m 8 away from completely unlocking all obtainable Halo achievements that register with Waypoint. I’ll need another goal soon, so will it be doable working towards unlocking Inheritor in Reach?

Inheritor was an extremely high rank. Anything is doable but with the population of Reach moving over to MCC's Reach, it might be too difficult to do it before Infinite's release. I'd be more than happy if you could prove me wrong. I would also hear out others opinions on this
UK1V wrote:

If you have no time frame then getting to Inheritor is most definitely achievable. Of course that all depends when Microsoft decide to pull the plug on the Xbox 360 servers.

I mainly just played Firefight and went for commendations (I believe I have all maxed out). Doing the challenges will help you greatly as well.
Moyer wrote:
UK1V wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
UK1V wrote:

If you have no time frame then getting to Inheritor is most definitely achievable. Of course that all depends when Microsoft decide to pull the plug on the Xbox 360 servers.

I mainly just played Firefight and went for commendations (I believe I have all maxed out). Doing the challenges will help you greatly as well.

Inheritor was an extremely high rank. Anything is doable but with the population of Reach moving over to MCC's Reach, it might be too difficult to do it before Infinite's release. I'd be more than happy if you could prove me wrong. I would also hear out others opinions on this
Well I have no time frame in mind, it’s just something to pass the time since I can’t work and suffer from chronic pain. Since there’s a lack of population it may be easier since I have two Xbox’s and I’m planning on buying a couple more controllers to get the full 8 to play griffbal lol. It’ll be me vs my fiancé haha.

Though I’m not sure if from memory you can only have a local limit of 2 players while searching for grifball. I’ll need to check that one out as it may throw a spanner in the works! Once again though, I’ll have 4 Xbox’s soon enough so may not even be a problem. Disgusting I know!
I got it after 6 years. Played almost daily for half of that time. But by grinding living dead and boosting in grifball it should be doable.
Like everyone else has said, it's going to be a long and tedious grind. I don't recommend it.

To put it into perspective, I've played over 2500 multiplayer games and almost 300 campaign levels, including a good year to year and a half of completing daily, weekly, and monthly challenges - and my rank is only a Noble, which is 5 ranks removed from Inheritor (Eclipse, Nova, Forerunner, Reclaimer, Inheritor).

To put that in perspective more - to reach Noble, you have to have 7 million credits. The credit gap from Noble to Inheritor is 13 million credits. I would essentially need to double my past playtime to obtain that rank.
I got it after 6 years. Played almost daily for half of that time. But by grinding living dead and boosting in grifball it should be doable.
Like everyone else has said, it's going to be a long and tedious grind. I don't recommend it.

To put it into perspective, I've played over 2500 multiplayer games and almost 300 campaign levels, including a good year to year and a half of completing daily, weekly, and monthly challenges - and my rank is only a Noble, which is 5 ranks removed from Inheritor (Eclipse, Nova, Forerunner, Reclaimer, Inheritor).

To put that in perspective more - to reach Noble, you have to have 7 million credits. The credit gap from Noble to Inheritor is 13 million credits. I would essentially need to double my past playtime to obtain that rank.
To be honest, I played enough H5 to hit 152 twice, and with the amount of time spent in MCC I could’ve probably hit it 3 times. The “grind” aspect isn’t bothering me at all I’m sure I can do it, especially with the kind of determination I have lol. I will never get bored of slapping afk’s im griffball lmao
This video should help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ei27JyoPso
I can say that this task is doable and I'm currently in the process of grinding towards Inheritor in Halo Reach (got 58.9% of the Credits). This constitute to approximately 18 days of additional active playtime in Halo Reach Score Attack if the Credit payout is assumed to be constant between the ranks (false assumption).

However, if you wish to grind towards Inheritor in Halo Reach. I would also be happy if you could verify my assumptions based on none matchmaking credit payouts from a 10+ min game at the rank Field Marshall and Hero. Unfortunately, I started to track these numbers at the rank of Legend. Here are the numbers I would like to verify if these are true.
  • Field Marshall none matchmaking Credit payout: 258 cR/10 min
  • Hero none matchmaking Credit payout: 284 cR/10 min
I will tomorrow provide more information about my Halo Reach Credit tracking and how Credits are given in Halo Reach.
If we wish to obtain Credits in Halo Reach, it's essential to know how Credits are given to the player. This in turn makes it possible to find some of the most effective methods to obtain Credits in Halo Reach.

First and foremost, credits are given based on different actions and this includes Time Played (Completion), Commendations, Player Performance, Challenges and the Slot Machine. Out of these, the Time Played can be split up into 3 subcategories none-matchmaking, matchmaking low payout and matchmaking high payout.

Section 1.1: None-matchmaking time played
The Credits given from time played outside matchmaking will be given by a constant amount for every minute played and this payout is capped for 10 minutes. This means that you will get the maximum payout after you have played for 10 minutes. This payout can also be increased by ranking up and after the rank Field Marshall, this payout will increase by 10% each time you rank up. Here is a table of time payout for time played at each rank and the payouts written in Italics are estimated.
Due to these relatively low payouts, it's not recommended to obtain Credits if you don't have access to matchmaking and that the gamertag is a Xbox Live gamertag.

Section 1.2: Matchmaking time played
In some matchmaking playlists like Score Attack and Campaign, the player gets a low Credit payout for every minute played. This payout unlike the none-matchmaking payout is not capped at 10. However, there do also exist some form of cap for this payout so you cannot AFK in Campaign to obtain a large amount of Credits but it's similar to the none-matchmaking payout that in terms that it increases by 10% when you rank up after the rank of Field Marshall. ere is a table of time payout for time played at each rank and the payouts written in Italics are estimated.
However, it appears to follow the same rule as above that it increases by 10% per level after Field Marshall and it appears to be dubble the payout compared to playlists with a lower payout. Some playlists which has the higher payout are the Firefight and Grifball playlist. Here is table with estimated time based Credit payouts for playlists with higher payouts.
Section 2: Slot Machine
In Matchmaking, you will also get a random amount of Credits if you don't quit in the middle of the game and that the game lasts longer than 2 minutes. The size of the slot machine can be split into 3 categories.
Out of 933 games played, the following proportion of the payouts fell into each category.
When the payout rolls in Category 1 and 2, the distribution of the different payouts can be estimated to be uniform (same probability for every possible payout). The expected payout from each category can be seen below based on the same sample of 933 games.
Please note that there is a slight underrepresentation of payouts in Category 1 and a slight overrepresentation of payouts in Category 3 due to human factors. Due to this discrepancy, it's highly likely that the probability that a payout is in Category 1 is 75%, Category 2 is 20% and Category 3 is 5%. If these numbers are used and it's assumed that it's a uniform distribution in Category 1 and 2, the expected Slot Machine Payout is 506 cR.

Section 3: Commendations
The amount of Credits given from Commendations can be split up between Credits from progressing Commendations and reaching Commendation milestones (Iron, Bronze, Silver Gold, Onyx). However, the Campaign Commendations will only give progression Credits when they are below Silver which is a big contrast to Firefight and Multiplayer Commendations which will always give progression Credits (even when maxed). In 2x Score Attack, I do usually get around 920 Credits from Commendation progression per game and it's a similar number for the other Score Attack (playlist) gametypes.

Section 4: Challenges
In Halo Reach, there exist the possibility of getting Credits from Daily and Weekly Challenges. However, I haven't done a detailed analysis about the size of the Challenge payouts but the Daily Challenges appears to usually give around 2,000 and 3,000 Credits upon completions. However, due to only 4 Daily Challenges, Challenges are only a small contributor to Credits except if you don't have access to Matchmaking or if you are at the earlier ranks when the Credits for time played is much lower.

Section 5: Player Performance
Haven't analysed Credit payouts in this Category.
EDIT [25/5-2020]: This number appears to be strictly correlated with the Completion bonus. It's highly probable that this is a 20% bonus to the Credits given from completion.

EDIT [9/5-2020]: Added an approximate factor of conversion between playlists that has a higher Credit payouts and lower Credit payout in Matchmaking.
Valta6803 wrote:
This video should help:
Appreciate the link I’ve seen it before. All in all I’ll probably still give the grind a shot, I’m stubborn lmao.
Valta6803 wrote:
This video should help:
This video has some major flaws which makes the result a bit absurd. The main flaw is that he has the assumption that the Credit payout for time played is constant and completely independent to the player rank. This assumption is completely false and at the higher ranks, the amount of Credits from time played contributes to a much larger portion of the total credit payout compared to the earlier ranks. For instance, in absolute terms, the amount of Credits given from time played is more than double in the rank of Forerunner compared to General and the relative difference will become much clearer the lower you go on the rank ladder.

Something else that is highly possible is that the relative difference in cR earned from time played is completely independent from if you play Matchmaking or something else. If this is true, a player would get 5 times more Credit from time played at the rank of Field Marshall compared to Recruit.
In my opinion it is the longest range to achieve in the entire saga after the new MCC range system. It took me 7 years to reach it.
Honestly with how long it took me back when Reach was alive and well, I did the Bungie.net challenges daily, every single day and It still took me over a month or 2 at times before i ranked up. Im unsure if the max cap is removed but with low population itll be very hard but considering you maxed out H5 I believe in you. I gave up H5 at 148 and 2000 games lol
ouv wrote:
Honestly with how long it took me back when Reach was alive and well, I did the Bungie.net challenges daily, every single day and It still took me over a month or 2 at times before i ranked up. Im unsure if the max cap is removed but with low population itll be very hard but considering you maxed out H5 I believe in you. I gave up H5 at 148 and 2000 games lol
I appreciate this message! I’m sure if I play 20 full games of griffball a day for a year it’ll get me fairly close to Inheritor! 20 x 375 = 7,300 games and if I got only 2,000 cR per game I’d still have 14,600,000 cR by the end of the year! Even if this takes me 5 years I’ll do it!
UK1V wrote:
ouv wrote:
I appreciate this message! I’m sure if I play 20 full games of griffball a day for a year it’ll get me fairly close to Inheritor! 20 x 375 = 7,300 games and if I got only 2,000 cR per game I’d still have 14,600,000 cR by the end of the year! Even if this takes me 5 years I’ll do it!
I think you will surpass Inheritor if you play Halo Reach as much as what you suggested if we assume that the game lasts at least 10 minutes. At the rank of General, you would get at least 1300 cR from just doing nothing.
UK1V wrote:
ouv wrote:
lol I'll play reach for you on your tag, if you play H5 for me on my tag lmao! I can't stand H5
ouv wrote:
UK1V wrote:
ouv wrote:
lol I'll play reach for you on your tag, if you play H5 for me on my tag lmao! I can't stand H5
I wouldn't recommend this mainly due to possible legal reasons and that it would also be a cheated accomplishment. A similar thing can be said with the Monopolized achievement in the Master Chief Collection, it wouldn't mean the same if you would let someone else completed the Halo 2A campaign in Legendary in less than 3 hours for you.
ouv wrote:
UK1V wrote:
ouv wrote:
I wouldn't recommend this mainly due to possible legal reasons and that it would also be a cheated accomplishment. A similar thing can be said with the Monopolized achievement in the Master Chief Collection, it wouldn't mean the same if you would let someone else completed the Halo 2A campaign in Legendary in less than 3 hours for you.
It’s not something I would consider, although I appreciate the offer and not that I think there’s any malicious intent behind it I wouldn’t for self preservation reasons haha. I have less than 10 achievements left to go and the accomplishments I’ve made in Halo on my account I wouldn’t want to give up haha.
UK1V wrote:
ouv wrote:
UK1V wrote:
ouv wrote:
It’s not something I would consider, although I appreciate the offer and not that I think there’s any malicious intent behind it I wouldn’t for self preservation reasons haha. I have less than 10 achievements left to go and the accomplishments I’ve made in Halo on my account I wouldn’t want to give up haha.
I'm at least happy that I have done a large portion of the none multiplayer matchmaking achievements including all speedrun achievements i MCC and gathered nearly 60% of the credits required for Inheritor.

The most interesting thing to analyze in the future is the XP System and Req System in Halo 5. The only req related analysis I have done is to record the content from the following req packs.
  • Bronze Pack (29x)
  • Silver Pack (21x)
  • Gold Pack (41x)
  • Daily Login Pack (424x)
  • Arena Daily Win Pack (50x)
  • Warzone Daily Win Pack (54x)
  • Warzone Firefight Daily Win Pack (52x)
The only truly interesting findings is that some Reqs supposedly relatively common reqs doesn't seem to be in the payout table for the Daily Login Packs like the Suppressor, Storm Rifle and Rally Scout Warthog.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3