Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Inheritor in Reach

OP UK1V

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hi dude. Myself and my partner have been isolating due to our son being ill, so we have been going through Reach again. Forgot how much i loved it. If your on of an evening send me an invite man and we'll help you. Cheers mate
m0stmetal wrote:
Hi dude. Myself and my partner have been isolating due to our son being ill, so we have been going through Reach again. Forgot how much i loved it. If your on of an evening send me an invite man and we'll help you. Cheers mate
That actually sounds amazing mate! Judging by the way you wrote that you sound Aussie which would be freakin awesome since I live in Perth haha!
UKiV thats quite entertaining as i'm an Englishman. Maybe i was Aussie in a former life as i do love a bbq lol.
m0stmetal wrote:
UKiV thats quite entertaining as i'm an Englishman. Maybe i was Aussie in a former life as i do love a bbq lol.
Well I live in Australia but I’m actually English, born in Weston Super-Mare in the UK
Like everyone else has said, it's going to be a long and tedious grind. I don't recommend it.

To put it into perspective, I've played over 2500 multiplayer games and almost 300 campaign levels, including a good year to year and a half of completing daily, weekly, and monthly challenges - and my rank is only a Noble, which is 5 ranks removed from Inheritor (Eclipse, Nova, Forerunner, Reclaimer, Inheritor).

To put that in perspective more - to reach Noble, you have to have 7 million credits. The credit gap from Noble to Inheritor is 13 million credits. I would essentially need to double my past playtime to obtain that rank.
Here's another perspective, going from Reclaimer to Inheritor requires 3.5 million credits, the same amount that takes you from Recruit through Field Marshall [sic] and nearly to Hero. Frankly I've got better things to do with my time.
Like everyone else has said, it's going to be a long and tedious grind. I don't recommend it.

To put it into perspective, I've played over 2500 multiplayer games and almost 300 campaign levels, including a good year to year and a half of completing daily, weekly, and monthly challenges - and my rank is only a Noble, which is 5 ranks removed from Inheritor (Eclipse, Nova, Forerunner, Reclaimer, Inheritor).

To put that in perspective more - to reach Noble, you have to have 7 million credits. The credit gap from Noble to Inheritor is 13 million credits. I would essentially need to double my past playtime to obtain that rank.
Here's another perspective, going from Reclaimer to Inheritor requires 3.5 million credits, the same amount that takes you from Recruit through Field Marshall [sic] and nearly to Hero. Frankly I've got better things to do with my time.
Something else that needs to be taken into consideration is that the amount of credits given from time played will increase you you rank up. For instance, you will get nearly double the amount of credits from time played at the rank of Nova compared to General. The difference is even more substantial if you compare it to some even earlier ranks like Corporal, Warrant Officer or Lt. Colonel.

If you wish to get a deeper insight about the Halo Reach credit system, you would highly recommend to read the 9th reply to this discussion.
Link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/inheritor-in-reach/fb4d6c4b-1373-442b-9a59-e6ff3b10d1a2/posts?page=1#post10

I understand that you have better things to do haha, I live with a chronic illness that leaves me incapacitated most days and unable to work. So it’s a cool little hobby for me to do at home, takes my mind off the pain :).
UK1V wrote:
I understand that you have better things to do haha, I live with a chronic illness that leaves me incapacitated most days and unable to work. So it’s a cool little hobby for me to do at home, takes my mind off the pain :).
By better things to do with my time, I usually mean playing other games :) But Reach MP is a fun past time and at least it's still in good network shape as opposed to the horror that is Halo 4 matchmaking. I did a boosting session today and in nearly 3 hours, we successfully completed 4 matches due to constant disconnects and glitches.
UK1V wrote:
By better things to do with my time, I usually mean playing other games :) But Reach MP is a fun past time and at least it's still in good network shape as opposed to the horror that is Halo 4 matchmaking. I did a boosting session today and in nearly 3 hours, we successfully completed 4 matches due to constant disconnects and glitches.
Oh that’s not good :/ all of you that were marching up, were you from different continents or something lol?

Yeah I know there’s other games, probably some really cool games I haven’t tried yet too, however I’m just all about that Halo grind haha.
UK1V wrote:
I can reveal that I have instead managed to obtain a bit more than 90,000 cR and I didn't have any major problems to find matches.
UK1V wrote:
I can reveal that I have instead managed to obtain a bit more than 90,000 cR and I didn't have any major problems to find matches.
By cR, do you mean Reach credits? Because Reach MP is still performing well. Halo 4 matchmaking is full of technical problems. I was in four H4 boosting sessions with different people in different regions in the past week and every one of them experienced constant disconnections from Xbox Live, aborted matchmaking, etc. Everyone in my parties reported that is typical in H4 these days. On the other hand, I did two Halo 3 boosting sessions in the past week as well and they went perfectly. Also I did a Reach session late last year and got 13 MP achievements with no problems.
doesn't make sense grinding for halo reach (xbox360) due to a lot of people get it illegitimately, mod, boosting, cheating, macro and the save offline/online challenges glitch .Oh i forgot that Halo waypoint doesn't track the game anymore.

If they make the same good thing that this game was and destroy all those bad stuffs they could made a good game too, enjoyable to grind.
UK1V wrote:
By cR, do you mean Reach credits? Because Reach MP is still performing well. Halo 4 matchmaking is full of technical problems. I was in four H4 boosting sessions with different people in different regions in the past week and every one of them experienced constant disconnections from Xbox Live, aborted matchmaking, etc. Everyone in my parties reported that is typical in H4 these days. On the other hand, I did two Halo 3 boosting sessions in the past week as well and they went perfectly. Also I did a Reach session late last year and got 13 MP achievements with no problems.
Unfortunately, I misread your post and thought that you referred to Halo Reach. However, I cannot really comment about the Halo 4 Matchmaking mainly due to lack of experience as I have mainly played the Campaign and Spartan Ops.
don't risk a ban with the quick road.
GYS GHOST wrote:
What do you mean by that lol? I have done nothing but grind heavily on each of the Halo games. In fact, I just started playing Halo Wars and managed to get the max rank in that too. I’ve got 7 achievements left, half way through H2 SLASO. Once MCC if finished I’ve got nothing else to do other than grind ranks.
UK1V wrote:
GYS GHOST wrote:
What do you mean by that lol? I have done nothing but grind heavily on each of the Halo games. In fact, I just started playing Halo Wars and managed to get the max rank in that too. I’ve got 7 achievements left, half way through H2 SLASO. Once MCC if finished I’ve got nothing else to do other than grind ranks.
Man , I love your work with halo, I m just advising you, I tried to grinding hreach after the tmcc release and i m trying to let you aware about his problems in order to continue the grind knowingly. I made mistakes in the past and i don't want other good players try my bad experience
GYS GHOST wrote:
UK1V wrote:
GYS GHOST wrote:
Man , I love your work with halo, I m just advising you, I tried to grinding hreach after the tmcc release and i m trying to let you aware about his problems in order to continue the grind knowingly. I made mistakes in the past and i don't want other good players try my bad experience
Ah ok fair enough, are there many modders etc on 360? I know that Xbox One can’t be modded etc, and I wasn’t around enough during the days of the 360 to know much about this kind of thing. How can I tell if someone’s modding if at all? I don’t want to get smashed by people that aren’t even playing fairly lol.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3