Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Is Halo 4 anyone's favorite Halo?

OP ARCHANGELBRAVO0

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Is Halo 4 anyone's favorite Halo? I really enjoyed the campaign it was probably my second or third favorite story but the gameplay didn't feel balanced right. I like the multiplayer but it is not my favorite as I hate the loadouts system, Halo is known for having fair starts and that one of my favorite things about its multiplayer.
Halo 4's my favorite of all.
I enjoyed most of its aspects. Sadly not many people play it anymore so I play campaign or Spartan Ops, and watch my best past matches at the theater ^^
It's my favorite by far mainly for the story.
The only dislike I have is the Cod like Loadouts, but other than that I do find Halo 4 enjoyable
The campaign was pretty good and multiplayer took me a while to get used to but I enjoy it. Halo 4 isn't my favorite but I certainly don't mind playing with friends.
I will say that what 343 was able to do graphically and performance wise with Halo 4 on the Xbox 360 was a technical feat unparalleled in that console generation. It looks fantastic, and even if the art style might have strayed a bit too far from previous entries for my liking, you can't deny that it's a beautiful looking game. The fact that it runs smoothly on that 7 year old hardware at the time is even better.
I enjoy the campaign and BTB on Halo 4 is probably my favorite btb. Glad it is on MCC!
The only thing I can really give Halo 4 in that regard is how its story, while incredibly poor without external material, actually made me genuinely care about what was happening to the characters. Cortana's death in Halo 4, despite being ruined by Halo 5: Guardians, is still the only death in the Halo games specifically that I feel anything about when revisiting.

Anything else I could give Halo 4 has been done better in more recent Halo games.
H4 is my third favorite halo, but I've got a buddy on Xbox live who has H4 as his favorite.
I would say it’s my 4th favorite!!
(out of Halo1,2,3,&4)
The story was quite well done. It made me appreciate the rest of the lore more, and I wish they would have written Halo 5 half as well.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
To me, Halo 4's campaign and multiplayer are like two completely separate games. Halo 4 tried way to hard to compete with Call of Duty by implementing all kinds of non-Halo features. The campaign, on the other hand, is really special.

As far as story, presentation, and just overall writing and execution goes, Halo 4's campaign is unparalleled. Sure, it may have some features that could be considered "not Halo" by someone's opinion, but does that make it bad? No.

By definition, Halo 2's campaign is "more Halo feeling" than Halo 4's, but I have yet to complete Halo 2 to this day just because it's so damn boring. Halo 4, though, was one of the best campaigns I've played in any game.
As a day one halo player, your post makes no sense. Halo 4’s campaign was god awful and incredibly boring, and the multiplayer left much to be desired. Sure, Halo2’s campaign was initially frustrating as after playing CE multiple times I started on legendary, but it was still enjoyable after I managed to get by all of the jackal snipers.

4 on the other hand was a complete bore from start to finish. Not even remotely enjoyable. It was the first halo game that I didn’t care to go back to in order to complete all of the achievements. I tried valiantly to get into multiplayer but it just wasn’t even comparable to Reach.
If Halo 4 had some rebalancing tweaks it would really be awesome game , you can really see the 2 year dev cycle at work, that extra year development I think would have really paid off
Most people don't hate it as much as they did at Launch but it is still most peoples least favourite game after Guardians, I can see why some people play it and enjoy it but from what I've played and what other people i know said i personally wouldn't play it again
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Is Halo 4 anyone's favorite Halo? I really enjoyed the campaign it was probably my second or third favorite story but the gameplay didn't feel balanced right. I like the multiplayer but it is not my favorite as I hate the loadouts system, Halo is known for having fair starts and that one of my favorite things about its multiplayer.
I’d say most older players dint like the game mechanics or multiplayer at all. Load outs? Supply drops? See through wall abilities? Kinda reminds me of another major FPS game. But the campaign story was really good. I liked it.
The story was quite well done. It made me appreciate the rest of the lore more, and I wish they would have written Halo 5 half as well.
Couldn't agree more . H5 story and even squad based gameplay was a really strange experince after 4
It had a great story, it does look really good given it was on the 360. Sounds and weapon sounds great. music is ok, i'm not a huge fan of the soundtrack. its to alien and not enough halo if that makes any sense. I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay, armor customization is better then halo 5 but that is not saying much, the unlock system made no sense. but story it was one of my favorites in halo games.
EDIT
the load-out system did not need to be in halo, the armor preorders were just a mess, the kill streak just... well ya.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2