Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Is Halo 4 anyone's favorite Halo?

OP ARCHANGELBRAVO0

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo 4 is my favorite. I loved the story and BTB. I have the unpopular opinion that load-outs made Halo 4 MORE enjoyable. BTB is the most fun and relaxing of all Halos. The campaign was a little too linear. Ive played them all too, BTW.
Nope reach
Probably but for me it's a no. I did like what they did bringing in armor abilities and I thought that was cool, but the story-line jump for the campaign was rough. The multiplayer in it was also really good but I have to stick with Halo three as it was what really got me into the Halo franchise.
Absolutely. I love Halo 4 for both it's campaign and multiplayer. The campaign humanized Master Chief, and I really liked making classes and trying out builds in multiplayer. Even these days when I boot up MCC, I usually queue up for Halo 4 only.

I have a lot of thoughts about Halo 4, the game itself and the way players have reacted to it. There's so much I'd like to say that I could write a full article about it if I wanted to.
Halo 2 is my favorite, and not just because of the multiplayer but the story, gameplay, and concept as well. It has really great moments and the Arbiter storyline is the best.

That being said, on to Halo 4. Halo 4 was pretty good and by no means a bad game, but I feel like 343 misunderstood Bungie’s Halo. Bungie wants you to feel a sense of wonder and connection with a greater universe with halos and such, and 343 wants you to connect with individual characters and a love story between master chief and Cortana. My problem is the immediate disconnect from halo 3 to 4. Like, they go from a team of soldier and AI to two individuals in a loving relationship (is it even that? I don’t know). To me Halo and Cortana’s relationship was always a symbiosis and not a love relationship, but like a mutual type symbiosis thing. They should’ve left it as the mechanical relationship that appears in 1-3, but kept up Bungie’s way of showing us that you can never take them apart and that battle has brought them closer, without explicitly saying that or making it something else.

I’m not talking about the art style, don’t get me started. The multiplayer is really fun and great, only complaint is the loadouts.
Yeah of course it's some peoples favorite. I have friends who loved it and enjoyed most things about it, most of these friends were more interested in story/campaign that matchmaking and multiplayer. Still though accept halo isn't all about multiplayer and campaign can influence opinions. Personally I think halo 4 had on of the best campaigns second to halo 2 in my opinion. While the multiplayer was a little to COD for me I still think it was fine, defiantly no halo 3 or reach but still not a bad one.
I liked how they made Master Chief feel more human, instead of a robotic killing machine but besides that, I don't think too fondly of H4.
God forbid, it was probably one of the worst Halos by far
I'd say Halo 4 is pretty close to being my favorite. I still prefer the first three and Reach over this one, but Halo 4 is a really enjoyable game. I thought the story was pretty good, the campaign and gameplay is fun to play, and the multiplayer, while taking a different direction than the previous Halo's, was still pretty fun for me. I feel that Halo 4 is underappreciated, but I can understand why many don't like the game. I do prefer the gameplay in Halo's 1-3 over Halo 4 (without sprint and all), but I enjoyed Halo 4's gameplay for what it tried to be. It was different than the previous games, which makes it more unique.
Halo 2 is my favorite, and not just because of the multiplayer but the story, gameplay, and concept as well. It has really great moments and the Arbiter storyline is the best.

That being said, on to Halo 4. Halo 4 was pretty good and by no means a bad game, but I feel like 343 misunderstood Bungie’s Halo. Bungie wants you to feel a sense of wonder and connection with a greater universe with halos and such, and 343 wants you to connect with individual characters and a love story between master chief and Cortana. My problem is the immediate disconnect from halo 3 to 4. Like, they go from a team of soldier and AI to two individuals in a loving relationship (is it even that? I don’t know). To me Halo and Cortana’s relationship was always a symbiosis and not a love relationship, but like a mutual type symbiosis thing. They should’ve left it as the mechanical relationship that appears in 1-3, but kept up Bungie’s way of showing us that you can never take them apart and that battle has brought them closer, without explicitly saying that or making it something else.

I’m not talking about the art style, don’t get me started. The multiplayer is really fun and great, only complaint is the loadouts.
I don’t entirely agree with you but I respect your opinion. I really liked what Halo 2 did with the campaign as well. The Arbiter parts were pretty interesting. I actually liked what Halo 4 did with the relationship between Cortana and Master Chief. The loadouts made BTB more fun to me, but I see why some people didn’t like it. Halo 2 and 4 are my favorite Halo games.
I feel that Halo 4's multiplayer was great for social players. It definitely could use some balancing though, if you ask most veterans.

One of my biggest gripes was lack of descoping. Sure, it was great to take hits and still easily 5shot sometim at mid-range, but it was also frustrating to be on the receiving end. That's just one feature I didn't enjoy.

I did really enjoy the campaign story, however. Multiplayer was about average, for a Halo game.
Halo 4 Ummmmmm......... the multiplayer sucks the campaign is pretty good.
No halo 4/5 are probably my two lowest rated, for me I didn't like the way they played in multiplayer and the campaign's seemed a little meh.

With 3 and Reach it they are number 1 simply due to the multiplayer as this is something I prefer to play.

Halo 3/Reach are joint #1
Halo 1/2 again joint #2
Halo ODST #3
Halo 4/5 #4
I love Halo 4. I really, really love the music and universe it created as well. I just view it as a different chapter than 1, 2 and 3. And take them as different and not really compare.

I feel like the change in music was great because the focus wasn't on the war with the covenant and survival against the flood. When they revisit it in six the can start hinting back at those musical motifs.

I do hate the intransigent nature of the community against it. Definitely all or nothing. Critiques without nuance. Pretty surface based and wanting exact copies of other games.
I don't dislike Halo 4 but it's the only Halo game whose campaign missions I never replay just for fun.
I enjoyed Halo 4 pretty well because I perform the best in it's matchmaking, even on MCC H4 playlists. It was also the last Halo game that any of my friends got, so I have a lot of lasting custom game memories. Campaign was alright; I don't have anything to complain about. I can't forget Spartan Ops. I spent a ton of time grinding those missions to reach SR 130.
Is Halo 4 anyone's favorite Halo? I really enjoyed the campaign it was probably my second or third favorite story but the gameplay didn't feel balanced right. I like the multiplayer but it is not my favorite as I hate the loadouts system, Halo is known for having fair starts and that one of my favorite things about its multiplayer.
I liked the Campaign but sorry no
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The story was good despite not being the best, but the main reason why I like it is because of the multiplayer
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2