Is Halo 4 anyone's favorite Halo?

OP ARCHANGELBRAVO0

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
I’m playing halo 4 squad battle on mcc 6v6 with friends and it’s a lot of fun. I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite though.
I find halo 4 my favorite, There may be some Bias as its the first halo I played, however the progression system and Loadouts are terrible, otherwise good
I really enjoyed Halo 4 mainly for the Campaign, to me was the best on all Halo Campaigns.
Is Halo 4 anyone's favorite Halo? I really enjoyed the campaign it was probably my second or third favorite story but the gameplay didn't feel balanced right. I like the multiplayer but it is not my favorite as I hate the loadouts system, Halo is known for having fair starts and that one of my favorite things about its multiplayer.
H4 was the first halo where I got really into the multiplayer. I kinda liked the loadout system, it gave you some cool options (like having a jetpack, BR, and AR all in one class). I also really like the operator specializations. I thought the descriptions were cool and it really helped me identify with my spartan, and it added a nice layer to the progression. I remember thinking, "oh yeah, I'm a tracker spartan, I hunt down targets because I'm a badass". Anyways that's my two cents I really enjoyed H4.
Halo 4's my favorite of all.
I enjoyed most of its aspects. Sadly not many people play it anymore so I play campaign or Spartan Ops, and watch my best past matches at the theater ^^
Well you still can play it on mcc i mean there are a lot of people who still play it on arena or custom gamemodes or even infection.
Not mine, but my brother liked the idea of it. Until he played it that it's. Overall it's not bad but not the best.
Halo 4 is definitely in my top 3 favorite Halos. And has my favorite Cortana. I also loved the sound design. AR sounds like a beast. And I loved the handling of the BR.
It is. But not mine.

I still enjoyed it, especially online.
It’s not my favorite but I think it’s grossly underrated, i rather play halo 4 Multiplayer rather then reach multiplayer, though I prefer reaches campaign.
I enjoyed most of its aspects. Sadly not many people play it anymore so I play campaign or Spartan Ops, and watch my best past matches at the theater ^^
Well you still can play it on mcc i mean there are a lot of people who still play it on arena or custom gamemodes or even infection.
Do allow me to frist apologize for the late reply, work has kept me away for some time. Yes I know, I have the MCC now and have been playing Halo 4 for the most time.
Do allow me to frist apologize for the late reply, work has kept me away for some time. Yes I know, I have the MCC now and have been playing Halo 4 for the most time.
Dont worry its ok, and its nice that you are enjoying the game, can’t wait to see halo 4 be added in the custom game browser.
Definitively my favourite multiplayer! For the campaign... I prefer Halo 2 and ODST
It isnt my top favorite but its high on the list. Campaign was so great I was so happy with all the connections to the forerunner saga especially with the terminals!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
la campaña halo 4 es muy buena el multijugador no es el mejor de todos pero salva pero se queda chico frente a halo2 halo3 y halo reach y tamben encontre que spartan ops es aburrido
It isnt my top favorite but its high on the list. Campaign was so great I was so happy with all the connections to the forerunner saga especially with the terminals!
That's one of the things that I so desperately wished continued with 5. 4 was a sort of introduction to all that for people who hadn't read the Forerunner Saga (shame on them!), and 5 threw it all out the window and ignored almost all of it. I remember back when the first teaser for 5 released, everyone was convinced that Mendicant Bias was going to be heavily involved in the story. We were so wrong.
Definitively my favourite multiplayer! For the campaign... I prefer Halo 2 and ODST
The campaigns of both Halo 2 and ODST were like no others. Pure 100% the best.
Not my favorite Halo, I ended up missing the game back when it came out and started playing it about 4 years ago. The game slowly grew on me, but 1 and 3 are still my favorites. BUT I LOVE the sticky detonator!!!!
Halo 4 is my all time favorite game, and I’ve been a die hard fan since Halo first dropped in 2001.

The campaign was the most personalized story we’ve ever gotten and I think it’s the best campaign in the franchise. It expanded the universe, introduced compelling new characters, great new enemies and it really showed the best of our two iconic hero’s: Chief and Cortana.

Plus, the music was incredible!! It didn’t have the iconic theme which is fair to note, but the music it does have is phenomenal. There was so many times I’ve gotten pumped up for a fight, to start a mission, and to continue the story simply because the music was able to elevate the scenes it accompanied.

So yeah, story good haha

And I know I’m in the minority, but I also love the multiplayer. Respectfully, I think the claim “it’s too much like Call of Duty” is a bit off the mark, all things considered.

Halo 4 features a lot of the iconic weapons from the previous Halo games (with a few newly added ones) and they are all super balanced. I say that because there’s no one dominant gun. In CE, the pistol is king, in 2 and 3, the only useful gun is the BR and the same could be said about the DMR in reach.

In 4, all the guns have great uses and it depends on how you play. I like to get up close and personal so I like charging at people and for the first time ever, the AR is actually useful. While people struggle to get their burst or single shots on me, I’m able to clear through them with the AR, but if I’m further away, the BR will take me out because the AR is ineffective at larger lengths, but for greater distances, you’ll need the DMR for better control for the BR can’t do precise shots. These same rules apply to the similar covenant and Promethian weapons. Some have Faster rates of fire, but do less damage and others have a slower rate of fire, but does a good chunk of damage. These small, but different attributes make each weapon stand out.

Sure the game had different load outs, but the load out thing was added in from Reach. In certain game modes in Reach, it would have different load outs and in certain game modes in 4, the load outs are exactly the same. It just depends on what match you got.

The other mechanics that most people can’t get over is the sprint and ordinance drops. Sprinting not being a base function, to me, is such a limiting idea. I hated how the simple act of running was an ability in reach. Having it be a base function like jumping gives the other armor abilities the chance to shine, which I very much liked in 4.

The ordinance drop, though different, is still in the spirit of Halo. In CoD, killstreaks will give you UAVs, Attack planes/ helicopters/ dogs, guided missiles, nukes and everything in between, but in 4, you get shotguns, a different armor ability, power ups or even just grenades. Nothing you are given is so radically overpowered that it decimates the enemy team. That to me is adapting a small feature and making it your own and again, this feature is turned off in certain game modes.

Plus, the maps are still futuristic with portals and lifts. You still have shields and super high jumps, and there’s still ground and airborne vehicles on the field.

To me, Halo 4 is the combination of everything that makes Halo great. An epic and deep campaign, a robust multiplayer that utilizes the same weapons and mechanics of the games before it while also adding new things to make it fresh.

This is all just an opinion of course, and obviously the game isn’t perfect, but it definitely gets more things right then it did wrong. That’s why whenever I see an opportunity to share my love for Halo 4, I’ll take it.

So in other words, yes. Halo 4 is my favorite Halo game haha
I love Halo 4's multiplayer; I'm best at it. The campaign is relatively boring though.
There all good
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5