OP Combat Evoled 8

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
I just went on reach and there was 17 people online i believe reach is know dead
That's not correct don't worry, the counter for players online is broken right now, same reason why every Playlist currently says 0 players when that obviously isn't true.
Alright then. Thanks, few
That happened to me too, I just got on and it said there was 17 players online.
I just got on and saw that there was only 17 people on...bruh
eh the population counter is broken
no i actually still playing Halo Reach, its one of my favorites games talking about Halo
LbonB312 wrote:
Ixvisible wrote:
Wish reach could go back to its old days with Bungie.
Bungie should be dead to all of us. Firing Marty, partnering with the enemy, making objectively bad stories and repetitive slop for 10 year olds...I'd rather see Halo 'die' by someone else's hands than to go down in shambles from its own creators. Though we had a good run with them, Bungie has grown into an entirely differently beast.
Bungie didn't leave us for dead, they wanted to leave Microsoft. But they couldn't because they were under contract (I think). They wanted to take Halo with them but Microsoft said that Bungie could only leave if they let Halo stay with them. Bungie agreed and was out of the door. I'm not sure why Bungie wanted to leave, Microsoft is a great company. But there is probably some reason why, either that or Bungie simply wanted to create Destiny. I'm not 100% sure on what I've said, but I know Bungie didn't want to let go of Halo (If they did then I'd be surprised).
jjnk12345 wrote:
nope not dead but some of it's playlists have died out halo reach still has atleast 10k player playing it
SWAT being one of those popular playlists but beware, the people still playing in SWAT haven't stopped playing since day 1. They are VERY good
LbonB312 wrote:
Ixvisible wrote:
Bungie should be dead to all of us. Firing Marty, partnering with the enemy, making objectively bad stories and repetitive slop for 10 year olds...I'd rather see Halo 'die' by someone else's hands than to go down in shambles from its own creators. Though we had a good run with them, Bungie has grown into an entirely differently beast.
Bungie didn't leave us for dead, they wanted to leave Microsoft. But they couldn't because they were under contract (I think). They wanted to take Halo with them but Microsoft said that Bungie could only leave if they let Halo stay with them. Bungie agreed and was out of the door. I'm not sure why Bungie wanted to leave, Microsoft is a great company. But there is probably some reason why, either that or Bungie simply wanted to create Destiny. I'm not 100% sure on what I've said, but I know Bungie didn't want to let go of Halo (If they did then I'd be surprised).
Bungie wanted to create Destiny since like 2004. They also wanted to be independent, and were willing to leave Halo to Microsoft. Their contract called for 5 Halo games, regardless of whether they own it or not.
No, simple as that. Only Halo game that is officially dead is Halo 2
Last I played was a few months ago in the summer & it was far from dead. You can find a slayer match within seconds. I would expect nothing much had changed since then as a couple months isnt really that long ago? There was like 10k-7k players every evening I got on. I myself was surprised the first time I came back to reach, it had way more players than Halo 4. I might just play Halo Reach tomorrow!
No it is not dead!
There aren't as much gamers anymore but online matches are still being played
As of right now, from what I'm seeing, Halo Reach is officially dead, since besides myself, there's no one on it.

Edit: Never mind. There are still people...
Having a hard time finding matches in Invasion. Been months since I played it. Now I can only find matches in my other prefered playlist: Slayer. Don't know about the others. Living Dead is alive, no doubt (Ironic), so is SWAT, Snipers, BTB, Grifball (for Cr boosting), Firefight and ocasionally Co-op Campaign.
In conclusion: No, but I fear it might be close.
LbonB312 wrote:
Ixvisible wrote:
If you watch Bungie's documentary O Brave New World on YouTube it explains that they wanted to move on from Halo because they couldn't go further so they ended it on Halo Reach which was there moment to go out with a bang and they nailed it. They wanted to build a new universe and start from scratch.
I Have Noticed Slight Changes In Halo Reach Over The Years And It Has Come To My Conclusion That It Is Slowly Dying Also Will They Make The Blue Flame Helmet Available Once More To New Players When Halo Reach Gets To Its 10th Anniversary? Who Knows?
(PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT TO UPSET ANYONE IT IS JUST A THOUGHT)
until the servers are shutdown and i'm locked out of the game, I'll keep going, i need to get to inheritor...
Nope. It still gets quite a lot of players per day, for a game that's over 7 years old that's impressive.
LbonB312 wrote:
Ixvisible wrote:
Apparently the reason as to why they left Microsoft was because Microsoft were impeding their creative visions or something. Yet they joined with Activision?!
LbonB312 wrote:
Ixvisible wrote:
Apparently the reason as to why they left Microsoft was because Microsoft were impeding their creative visions or something. Yet they joined with Activision?!
They joined their true master, it seems. EA = Mastermind | Activision = EA 1.0 | Bungie = EA 2.0 | Valve = EA 2.2 (insert Valve joke here)
So is Halo Reach dead?
So is Halo Reach dead?
Some gamemodes are just dead, like Multi Team, Social Slayer, etc. But the Standard (Slayer, SWAT, Snipers, Infection and Invasion) and Co-op (Co-op Campaign, Score Attack and Firefight) playlists and BTB from the Evolved playlist are healthy. Grifball is alive as well, but it's full of tryharders who will ruin your day and K/D if you try to play the game.
So is Halo Reach dead?
Some gamemodes are just dead, like Multi Team, Social Slayer, etc. But the Standard (Slayer, SWAT, Snipers, Infection and Invasion) and Co-op (Co-op Campaign, Score Attack and Firefight) playlists and BTB from the Evolved playlist are healthy. Grifball is alive as well, but it's full of tryharders who will ruin your day and K/D if you try to play the game.
Grifball can be horrible, with team killers and spawn killers in the mix.
And people still play invasion? I thought no one played that game mode any more, pretty cool.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6