Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Is Reach's Multiplayer dead?

OP Aquatic Sparrow

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello. I don't come to the forum much. Was actually searching a different topic when it brought me here. I was playing the classic Reach 2 days ago and noticed how desolate multiplayer is:
  1. 1,200 total players.
  2. All the social playlists had 0 players or not enough for a game.
  3. Grifball, i mean Boostball is not even worth playing. (I'll get into that in another topic).
The only playlists that are still kicking are Super Slayer, Team Swat, and Living Dead.
You pretty much answered your own question, lol. As there are people still playing it, it cannot be considered dead.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I hope servers will be lively in australia for PC. Don't want to buy an already dead game XD
Still alive, but when it comes out to MCC I fear the population is going to be very little
The population is here but barely. As of this writing, I see 4000 total players and about 400 in Living Dead. My hope is that once Reach comes to MCC, it will bring back a sizable chunk of the community.
The population is here but barely. As of this writing, I see 4000 total players and about 400 in Living Dead. My hope is that once Reach comes to MCC, it will bring back a sizable chunk of the community.
Woah, 4000? That's what i use to see before the 3k drop. When did they say Reach was suppose to drop for xbox?
Invasion seems to be dead, sadly. But Slayer and Infection seem to be the modes that are still alive.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post is very much constructive. If a game isn't functioning properly for long periods of time, people will get frustrated and leave. That's exactly what happened with Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
Woah, 4000? That's what i use to see before the 3k drop. When did they say Reach was suppose to drop for xbox?
You'll see something around 4000 on the weekends. They haven't given a date yet for the MCC release.
yes it is dead (well sort of) any about 40-60 people are in btb. Hopefully it will come back if it is added to MCC.(I would play it)
Hello. I don't come to the forum much. Was actually searching a different topic when it brought me here. I was playing the classic Reach 2 days ago and noticed how desolate multiplayer is:
  1. 1,200 total players.
  3. Grifball, i mean Boostball is not even worth playing. (I'll get into that in another topic).
The only playlists that are still kicking are Super Slayer, Team Swat, and Living Dead.
Halo wont die until I do
Its dead because its an 8 year old game that was created on a last gen system. Once they bring it back on the MCC there will be a ton of people playing it. They are launching the PC and the xbox version at the same time, which will create a big splash in the community. The first 3 weeks there will be a lot of traffic on MCC. E3s announcement will also bring back some players to MCC.
  1. 1,200 total players.
are you talking about the 360 or xbox one servers here
It's cool, when PC comes a revival is in order :3.
  1. 1,200 total players.
are you talking about the 360 or xbox one servers here
As far as I know, both the XB1 and 360 queue together for this game. The underlying issue with the low population is the poor state of the servers which has gone on for the better part of a year now. 343 has yet to issue a valid response to the legacy Halo titles’ server issues.
I still play it. I just hope the MCC Reach patch doesn't diminish the OG Reach population. I doubt that 343 Industries would repair a game they didn't remaster or create.
yes and no. yes because most of the gametypes dont have players, and no because 3 or 4 gametypes have a decent quantity of players, like slayer, infection and swat
No problem finding deathmatch games.
Reach has been slowly dying for years, but the last few weeks have been a hard ebb and flow from populated to absolute ghost town. Starting to see some recovery in the numbers but I'm sure many were scared away by less than prudent action on a two weekish long multiplayer breaking bug.

However that being said with the eventual port to the PC and the MCC you should expect to see a Renaissance and I expect to see you there to make it happen.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2