Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Is this microsofts fault?

OP Ackers Fury

Microsoft own the halo franchise, they also built up the 343 studio, are microsoft pulling the strings on what direction to take halo in?

We all know what microsoft are like, its all about the money, they like to cater to the casual crowd rather than the hardcore, have they pushed 343 into taking halo 4 into this direction?

they want the same success cod has been having over the years and they think this is the way to get it

maybe im completely wrong and 343 have messed this up themselves, just all seems kinda fishy to me
I believe that when Halo was made by Bungie they had a tighter grasp on what to do with the franchise and weren't as easily influenced by M$, whereas 343 are pretty much open for M$ to interfere as much as possible
Maybe because Microsoft knows the casuals are bigger than the Hardcore? They're just looking out for their sales. Which is what every company must do.
Quote:
I believe that when Halo was made by Bungie they had a tighter grasp on what to do with the franchise and weren't as easily influenced by M$, whereas 343 are pretty much open for M$ to interfere as much as possible
Did you even play Reach?
Quote:
Maybe because Microsoft knows the casuals are bigger than the Hardcore? They're just looking out for their sales. Which is what every company must do.
If they're trying to compete with CoD they're damn suicidal. CoD has had 5 years of catering to their audience. There's no way a CoD fan would pick Halo over CoD. Especially when CoD releases anually.
http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst72015_MICROSOFT-is-behind-this.aspx