Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

Keep reach alive

OP TheGrimGamer420

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
We all need to come together as a community to keep halo reach alive and thriving just like it was in the beginning I miss reached glory days and want to bring them back I can’t be The only person out here that still plays reach right? Also sorry for my -Yoink- grammer
It’s still a fairly popular game given its age. There’s no way to bring back the population numbers that it had back when it was new. People move on to newer games (Halo and otherwise). In case Reach comes to MCC though, you might see a large number of players there.
well there will be one more soon
I could play some Halo Reach online. I doubt the population would reach to what it used to be though. It an eight year old game after all, and other newer Halo games have been released.
I'll try my best.
I'm still playing. Plenty of people are. And while the population isn't has high as it once was, you can still find plenty of games.

... Except in Invasion. Invasion's population has dropped drastically T-T
343i should add Reach to the MCC. I get that it wasn't a Master Chief specific story, but getting Cortana to him on the Pillar of Autumn was the entire goal of the game, so one could argue that it does relate to the Master Chief pretty significantly. It also sets up the beginning of Halo CE and is heavily featured in the opening cut scene of Halo 2 when the Arbiter is retelling the story of how he followed the POA from Reach to Installation 04

You could get a ton of players back into the game if 343i did this one thing (I realize that, in reality, a collection of things must be done to add a game to the MCC)
we need another reach game but 343 will mess up the nostalgia
If halo reach goes away it would be the worst day of my life. I know plenty of people that play it and love it.
343i should add Reach to the MCC. I get that it wasn't a Master Chief specific story, but getting Cortana to him on the Pillar of Autumn was the entire goal of the game, so one could argue that it does relate to the Master Chief pretty significantly. It also sets up the beginning of Halo CE and is heavily featured in the opening cut scene of Halo 2 when the Arbiter is retelling the story of how he followed the POA from Reach to Installation 04

You could get a ton of players back into the game if 343i did this one thing (I realize that, in reality, a collection of things must be done to add a game to the MCC)
Well yeah Reach needs to be in MCC but ODST is also in MCC sooooo it makes sence
Sorry but once the quit ban went away the qualitly of this game went with it. I play mostly BTB and most of the time 2-3 quit out before the game starts. I would say quitting overall has increased a lot since removal of the ban.

Well yeah Reach needs to be in MCC but ODST is also in MCC sooooo it makes sence
I would even go so far as to say that Chief has even less of a presence in ODST, aside from being inside a frigate as it chased Regret through slip space in the opening cut scene. So, I agree 100% with you (if this is your point) that if ODST is part of the MCC, then Reach has a place too
i will help keep it alive
TheBlurr48 wrote:
we need another reach game but 343 will mess up the nostalgia
Ummm how?
343 had worked fairly hard to restore some reach era nostalgia by bringing in blue team and say what you will about 5 but I would say they are one of the more effective elements of that game. And telling blue teams story on reach is all that there is left to tell of that era. Are you just worried about the story telling? Be more specific.
I'm keeping Reach alive by looking through high-quality Forge maps to be used as machinima sets. Plenty of good pieces I've found so far.

I would even go so far as to say that Chief has even less of a presence in ODST, aside from being inside a frigate as it chased Regret through slip space in the opening cut scene. So, I agree 100% with you (if this is your point) that if ODST is part of the MCC, then Reach has a place too
Yeah you saw my point right on

Yeah, but ODST was added late as a compensation item as it was really easy to add since it's basically just a campaign map pack for Halo 3. Can't really hold it to the same standards IMO

Yeah, but ODST was added late as a compensation item as it was really easy to add since it's basically just a campaign map pack for Halo 3. Can't really hold it to the same standards IMO
I'm sure many others would prefer a full porting of Reach to the MCC but I would be happy if 343 did a similar thing as ODST and just added Reach's campaign. They can work on adding the rest later.

I'm sure many others would prefer a full porting of Reach to the MCC but I would be happy if 343 did a similar thing as ODST and just added Reach's campaign. They can work on adding the rest later.
What I meant was they added ODST because it's just Halo 3 basically so not much porting work required. Reach would be a TON of work.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2