Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Last BUNGiE Day for Xbox 360 Titles

OP dryrain23

Just a thread for the upcoming July 7th BUNGiE Day. Is anyone going to try to celebrate it one last time before the 360 Halo servers are gone? I know I will be on Halo 3, ODST, and Reach at some point that day. If anyone wants to play together maybe this thread can help a group get together online. Just curious to see if anyone else would be on that day. If we could flood the populations on that day it would be an amazing way to have the last BUNGiE Day.
I'll probably hop onto Halo 3 that day, try to do some matchmaking.
Count me in.
I'll be there on halo 3, kind of bittersweet that people still hop on for bungie day in the original halo's
100% in.
Yeah im in
dryrain23 wrote:
Just a thread for the upcoming July 7th BUNGiE Day. Is anyone going to try to celebrate it one last time before the 360 Halo servers are gone? I know I will be on Halo 3, ODST, and Reach at some point that day. If anyone wants to play together maybe this thread can help a group get together online. Just curious to see if anyone else would be on that day. If we could flood the populations on that day it would be an amazing way to have the last BUNGiE Day.
They are discussing now the possibility of not shutting down the servers and the games, because so many people have responded to the idea and there are many vying to get them to keep the games running
Quote:
They are discussing now the possibility of not shutting down the servers and the games, because so many people have responded to the idea and there are many vying to get them to keep the games running
Where did they mention this? I haven't seen or heard of any public comments from 343 other than what they've already stated - that they'll be shut down at the end of the year.
Sounds like a plan to me.
Recon494 wrote:
I'll be there on halo 3, kind of bittersweet that people still hop on for bungie day in the original halo's
Dedication lol
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:
Where did they mention this? I haven't seen or heard of any public comments from 343 other than what they've already stated - that they'll be shut down at the end of the year.
Word of mouth, and potential lawsuits.. Since there are thousands of players still on at any given time, which means there are 10s of thousands on just reach, and including 3 its simply too many players still playing these game to justify shutting them down.
Looks like a nice idea!
Kinda sad I'll be away hiking and miss it.
Have fun.
Since I abandoned my old Xbox live account years ago when I was just a kid, I need Annual on my new account. I plan on trying to get Annual on that Bungie day, 7 on 7, and in general just play some Halo 3 and maybe some others that day, yeah. Would be happy to play with others here!
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:
Word of mouth, and potential lawsuits.. Since there are thousands of players still on at any given time, which means there are 10s of thousands on just reach, and including 3 its simply too many players still playing these game to justify shutting them down.
Lawsuit? Its crazy my friend was just telling me the same thing about a lawsuit to be filed if services did get shut down
Yep, I'll be on. Planning to play some H3.