Legendary annoying

OP dangermonkey77

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Legendary is always annoying. Because it's difficult. Hence the term Legendary. But I will warn you that the third level was the hardest to complete on Legendary. Everything afterwards felt like a breeze (minus the scenario on Infinity when you have to guard Cortana when she opens the door. That part will also be a -Yoink-.)
Quote:
Legendary is always annoying. Because it's difficult. Hence the term Legendary. But I will warn you that the third level was the hardest to complete on Legendary. Everything afterwards felt like a breeze (minus the scenario on Infinity when you have to guard Cortana when she opens the door. That part will also be a -Yoink!-.)
Forerunner? It was easy...
looks like you just aren't legendary material son
I've beaten this game on legendary solo and it wasn't too bad. I will admit that the second half is a pain in the a, but as long as you take your time you will do find. Also, for weapon tips stick with using rifles and plasma pistols.
Completed legendary solo twice. Challenging some times but not hard at all if you know what your doing.
Legendary really isn't that difficult. Just take it slow and use your ammo wisely. I beat the game on solo Legendary my first time through and I didn't really have that much trouble with it. A few areas were challenging, but I didn't actually get stuck until the last part of the final mission. It took me a long time to beat all those Knights with Incineration Cannons.

It is certainly a more difficult Campaign than Reach due to the lack of invincible allies to distract the enemies, but its no where near as hard as Halo 2.
finished heroic in 1 sitting when i first got the game.

then the next day i went on and finished legendary, with food and some breaks in intervals offcourse.

was pretty damn easy tbh.

just plasma pistol dmr/BR

ALLWAYS have a plasma pistol and this becomes pretty damn easy.

i believe there where only 3 parts where i had to restart checkpoints alot of times.

1 place in particular was the one where you drive out from some tunnels in a ghost, and right outside there's an elite that starts running towards a banshee.

must have died 50 times there, sometimes the 2 banshee's in the air would -Yoink- me up as i got out of the entrance, and whenever i stole the banshee on the ground, the Ghosts on the ground have god mode aim and just screws you over.
I still think Halo 3 is the hardest on Legendary.

It's all about patience. If you don't have much patience then you will have a bad time.

I only had a bad time on the last level. When you reach it you will understand annoying. I now hate Knights with a passion.
Legendary has never been properly challenging because the AI don't really have anything new up their sleeves and there's always something you can lean on (needler, plasma pistol).

The only reason it's frustrating is the level design. Burn through enough ammo, keep your distance, and anticipate your enemy's movements and you'll prevail. Unless you get screwed by the lack of cover, the disappearing weapons, the lack of checkpoints, the checkpoints at bad times, etc.
I speed-run it all... Extremely easy.
Try this weeks challenge on Legendary and turn on Thunderstorm & Mythic Skulls - OMG I had to give up.
Simply beating legendary solo isn't difficult. Just stick with a pattern that is likely to work and keep doing it until you do it right. Halo 4 has one of the easiest Legendary campaigns yet. Try beating Library from Halo: CE on Legendary. Do that, and you'll never complain again.
I played and completed Halo 4 Legendary Solo right when I got the game, it was fine for me.

I just ran past all the enemies.. like 4/8 of the missions I didn't even die.

It was something like that.
It's not that bad if you've done legendary on the past games. First thing I did in Halo 4 was the same thing I do in every game. Solo Legendary on launch night.

The main tips I can give you are as follows:

1. Plasma pistols are more valuable than any other weapon.

2. Fight, fight and run away, live to fight another day. Don't be a hero, if you can skip enemies, do so.

3. Be patient, nothing will hold you back more than your own frustration. if you have to, stop and play some wargames and cool your temper if you're getting angry.

4. It's just a game, try to enjoy it even if you're pulling out your hair.
reach's was harder then this game, its not hard. all you had todo was just think before you acted.
Quote:
looks like you just aren't legendary material son
So far forerunner has the hardest parts, and like I said, i did the halo reach legendary solo pretty easily, and recently completed Halo 3 on heroic i think two weeks ago. So this shoulnt be that hard.
I feel that Legendary difficulty is supposed to be hard, intense and frustrating. So if you're "annoyed" by it, it's doing its job.

Personally, I felt that Halo 4's Legendary difficulty had its ups and downs. There were times where I would cruise through portions of a level and other times that would be very challenging.

I felt the checkpoints were generally appropriate, though every now and then you might play for awhile, die, and have your jaw drop at how far back it put you...but every Halo game has been like that.

No problem with Legendary for me.
Quote:
I completed it in one day, as I took my time in some places and rushed in others..

In regards to the Infinity mission where Cortana is opening the door, the turret to your far right is the best place to go to if your marines are dead/ no autosentry, literally everything runs into your range at their spawning locations.

Make use of the Repeaters and Assault rifles as well, they destroy the shields on a Knight because of the fast ROF. Take your time with the Pulse Grenades too, the are very handy if you're stuck in a choke point and need enemies to back off or even flinch.
that turret that is far off to the side is THE BEST!!! im glad others are seeing this as well. no enemies will come close to you, you have full view of the field, YOU WILL TAKE SHIELD DAMAGE but all you have to do is back off from the turret and let shields recharge and then go back to killing. if you have an autosentry it is a uge help.

When i first saw that turret far off to the left i was like why the hell did they put that their? but of course there was a method behind the madness. that turret will be your best friend even if your marines dont survive. (i was able to use it to help my marines survive.) IT WAS GLORIOUS lol....

Quote:
During Mission 8, at the part with all the crawlers, I wanted to punch a hole in my tv.
I know this feel bro... rage is an understatement. this part alone caused me about 26/ 29 deaths for this mission. i think 343 was just trolling us with that part...

The campaign was hard but it just wasnt fun. i agree with previous posters that co-op would have been better (or at least some unkillable AI help. like arbiter was in Halo 3).... I could go back and play reach on legendary just because it was fun but once i finished 4 on legendary i didnt touch it again unless there was a waypoint challenge involved...
I didn't realize that people were having this much trouble with the campaign on Legendary....

I've finished all halo games on Legendary Solo, and so far, Halo 1 and 2 are the most difficult ones. I'm not saying that this one is easy, but except a few difficult parts, for me it was no challenge.
It's so easy that I have no problem doing the campaign challenges all at the same time. So Legendary Solo + skulls. Since I'll be killing everything with headshots anyway, they hardly make a difference. (untill they make a challenge with famine or Iron....)
Granted, I've been playing Halo for the past 10 years...

some tips:

First take out any snipers in the area
Then as many guns (=small guys. grunts, crawlers)
Then the watchers, and finally the big guys.

leave vehicles for last, as long as they are no immediate threat.

always keep your distance, engage at long range. The hardest parts in the game are where you can't manouver anymore.
Quote:
reach's was harder then this game, its not hard. all you had todo was just think before you acted.
I have to disagree.
Reach had the easiest campaign in the entire Halo series. Why? There are always invincible allies with unlimited ammo around. In the other games we've had that a few times, but in Reach they are with you at all times.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4