Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Limited Edition Buyers Got Shafted...

OP Carnage A51

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Well, I purchased Limited Edition, and it seems the only good thing that came out of it was a shiny case and $5 off the map packs(collectively), even though there's a delay in getting the maps for the Map Pass holders, so we get shafted there anyways.

The specializations were the only cool thing, but then they were given out to nearly everyone. So, basically, Limited Edition buyers got shafted... we got a shiny case, $5 off maps(that we're not even getting when everyone else is), and a few skins that aren't impressive considering every copy of the game came with some sort of skin.

In conclusion, we definitely didn't get out moneys worth from 343i. To 343i, I suggest you do something to make it right... If you don't, there's not much anyone can do to make you, but, it is seriously messed up to over-charge like that.
The specialization code was worth it for me. I almost was sr-130 when people were getting their specialization codes.
I don't feel shafted.

I got guaranteed access to all of the specializations.
I got the Map pass, saving me money.
I got the CIO Web skin, which no one uses because it looks like the Iron Giant, so I use it so I can be a halo hipster, and use it before it was cool.

Others may or may not have gotten their spec codes for playing in the first 2 weeks. Peruse the forums for all the complaining about this. I didn't have to deal with it.

I work, so I couldn't be bothered to care any less that the maps weren't available at 6am. I have faith that when I get home at 5, they'll be ready and waiting for download.
So, in the end, I don't feel screwed by it even a little. I knew what I was getting when I paid a premium
Lets see... Limited Edition:
1) Forward unto Down exclusive content (that can be freely watched on internet)
2) Recruit Prime and AR Prime skins (that are fully useless as noone can notice the difference with the standard versions)
3) Map Pack Pass (with delay)
4) Early Specialization Access (that is undervalued, as becouse MS made the offer of free code now everyone believes they must have it too)
5) Some avatar props (where only the recruit armor looks good, the rest is going to challange as "worst content ever")

Soo... That is a shame. Never saw a Limited Edition worst than this one. 343 fully ruined the Halo name, or am I the only that noticed it?

I would suggest to repay LE owners with some exclusive ingame content, like one bonus on request. Fotus would be okay, anyone agree?
There were seriously 100+ threads saying this exact thing before the game was released. Were you around the forums during that time? If so, you shouldn't be surprised.

Most of us (people upset about this issue) downgraded our pre-orders to the standard edition.
ill be honest the 'steel' case is annoying my now cos its so bright and plain... i wouldve prefered the standard box inside the LE to complete my collection of standards...
Quote:
Lets see... Limited Edition:
1) Forward unto Down exclusive content (that can be freely watched on internet)
2) Recruit Prime and AR Prime skins (that are fully useless as noone can notice the difference with the standard versions)
3) Map Pack Pass (with delay)
4) Early Specialization Access (that is undervalued, as becouse MS made the offer of free code now everyone believes they must have it too)
5) Some avatar props (where only the recruit armor looks good, the rest is going to challange as "worst content ever")

Soo... That is a shame. Never saw a Limited Edition worst than this one. 343 fully ruined the Halo name, or am I the only that noticed it?

I would suggest to repay LE owners with some exclusive ingame content, like one bonus on request. Fotus would be okay, anyone agree?
I bought this edition because of those armors... But they aren't different at all :(
I agree, at least Bungie gave you a flaming skull effect for buying limited
Quote:
I don't feel shafted.

I got guaranteed access to all of the specializations.
I got the Map pass, saving me money.
I got the CIO Web skin, which no one uses because it looks like the Iron Giant, so I use it so I can be a halo hipster, and use it before it was cool.

Others may or may not have gotten their spec codes for playing in the first 2 weeks. Peruse the forums for all the complaining about this. I didn't have to deal with it.

I work, so I couldn't be bothered to care any less that the maps weren't available at 6am. I have faith that when I get home at 5, they'll be ready and waiting for download.
So, in the end, I don't feel screwed by it even a little. I knew what I was getting when I paid a premium
This minus the hipster comment, which made me lol!
Quote:
No, because those of us that bought both the console and the limited edition still got shafted just as hard.
Quote:
I would suggest you stop acting like a selfish child and get over it. We already knew exactly what was coming with the Limited Edition months before release. It is your own fault for buying it under those pretenses. You're not getting FOTUS.
Quote:
Quote:
No, because those of us that bought both the console and the limited edition still got shafted just as hard.
SE got nothing bad, they actually recived everything they was told to get and also a plus. LE Console same thing, becouse it was the console limited, the game inside was a Standard Edition.

My request is about who paid for the Limited Edition of the game and actually recived NOTHING that can be understood as "Limited". Tell me, how do you recognize who bought the Limited in game? Do you see any flaming helmet? Any exclusive armor? I see nothing except the Prime Emblem, that is surely not enough to make the LE worth it.
Quote:
My request is about who paid for the Limited Edition of the game and actually recived NOTHING that can be understood as "Limited". Tell me, how do you recognize who bought the Limited in game? Do you see any flaming helmet? Any exclusive armor? I see nothing except the Prime Emblem, that is surely not enough to make the LE worth it.
The content is still limited, and exclusive to that SKU. I am able to recognize Prime Assault Rifles, and I actually prefer how the Prime skin on the Recruit helmet looks to the default variant. Yes, the bonuses are subtle, but you knew this months ago. I also got to avoid that Specialization fiasco early on, and finish Rogue first.

I actually have a few friends that use the Prime emblem, too.
Lol, you folks are complaining about people getting things that you have on a GAME!? (Oh, no! They have the same things I have! Now I can't be different!! *Scream*) You want something that most people don't have?! Go to the army and earn a rank, go get a masters degree, go get a lambourghini, a mansion, and most important of all, go get a life.

Lord, please bless this community. Complaining over a fking game.
Quote:
even though there's a delay in getting the maps for the Map Pass holders, so we get shafted there anyways.
You brat.

I want to rip into you pretty bad, but it's not worth the ban.
Quote:
Quote:
even though there's a delay in getting the maps for the Map Pass holders, so we get shafted there anyways.
You brat.

I want to rip into you pretty bad, but it's not worth the ban.
Sometimes it is... >_>
That's why I downgraded my preorder and got the standard. I've never bought a standard edition of a Halo before but they one by one ruined everything in this LE.
Quote:
Quote:
I would suggest you stop acting like a selfish child and get over it. We already knew exactly what was coming with the Limited Edition months before release. It is your own fault for buying it under those pretenses. You're not getting FOTUS.
This. Everyone's walking around here saying that they need to be treated like royalty.

They listed what would be available in all the packages well before release. The specializations thing is a problem on my list, but I'm not going to let it get to me, because it was going to be unlocked for everyone eventually anyway.

The armor is nice and subtle. And that's the point. That's why most people think they got ripped off. Because it doesn't make them stand out like a sore thumb.

As an LE owner, I feel just fine with what they did. The map pack is a problem on XBOX Live side, not on 343s side. This problem happened with Gears of War 3. And it got resolved all the same.
I learned it the hard way with ME3..... LE no matter what franchise isent worth the pricetag. You basicly get stuff you never look back on. Only thing that makes LE intresting is the dlc at no extra cost or stuff that others wont get.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3