Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

[Locked] Major problem with Invasion...

OP Alexthekid3000

Spawn killing... and no, it's not a skill problem, it's a NOOB problem. Noobs who come to the spawns at the first way, throw grenades right where you spawn, and then you spawn and die right away. I think all Invasion Maps should have protected spawn points to stop this MAJOR problem. It makes the game one sided, people, quit, and then it gets far worse.

Invasion needs like drop points where people are in shielded rooms or areas to stop the spawn killing noobs from ruining the game.

I got skunked achievement on my first Invasion game... and I have yet to need spawn killing to win games... and yeah, I do not win them all, but the ones I loose are normally people quitting on my team, like 3-4 people for NO REASON, unless they trying to get the skunked achievement... so it becomes a pointless game.

Seriously... need shields for first wave spawn points.

It is logical.
Think about this:

If players had safe zones to spawn in then AFKing would be so bad nobody could play it.
Yes, AFKing is a problem... but spawn killing is worse.
Or maybe the spawns need to stop putting players in the same spot every time.
Spawn killing is indeed way worse and one place to find that is Invasion it's way worse there. 343 has to fix this problem. Boneyard should have DMR and Needle Rifle removed. You get that on the 2nd phase. Kill Zones on the very top rocks on Spire. Jet-packers can fly and camp up there on those rocks and snipe. In Invasion the Elites on the far left rock on the map love to snipe from up there and spawn snipe you. Small kill zones must be placed on 3 rock locations: Invasion's far left rock on 1st phase, the big rock under the Bravo, and lastly the tallest rock on the map behind Alpha. These 3 rocks are sniper positions for both Spartans(in BTB) and Elites(Invasion).

But the worst place for spawn killing in my option has to be Boneyard. Spartans, in phase 1 will immediately come down and kill the Elites. Targeted location for them to kill is the far left. The rest of the Elites will ither move in or try and help their team mates whom are being spawn killed. I've seen this happen ALOT. I even have been spawn killed. I think the best way to resolve this is place the spawns somewhere else or put up shields where the Spartans can go down on the big platform. This can prevent spawn killing.

I have to agree, spawn killing on Invasion in some maps is very bad thus needs to be resolved by 343. They must fix this in both Spire and Boneyard they are the 2 most commonly picked maps for Invasion and everyone picks both those maps.
Quote:
Think about this:

If players had safe zones to spawn in then AFKing would be so bad nobody could play it.
Afking is already bad, giving players a safe zone won't chance the afk problem, it'll just save peoples kill/death ratio, however people who boost by afking will get credit banned anyways. Maybe if the safe zones were soft kill zones so you HAD to exit to keep from dying. As soon as you spawn you exit the safe zone into combat, staying in for 10 seconds gets you killed. As it is now each map has ONE spawn point, the last time I played invasion on boneyard it ended in the first phase and I had gotten skunked almost a year ago. While playing it became apparent that half the other team was afk so I just lobbed frags at the bodies that were just standing there. I guess if I wanted to I could have just waiting by the spawn point and killed them from there but it wouldn't have made any difference. It's six people per team, just give six spawns per side in each zone relative to which phase the game is in.
I was expecting you to say its not TU...thats a way bigger problem in my oppinion.
Quote:
I was expecting you to say its not TU...thats a way bigger problem in my oppinion.
Title Update would ruin Invasion.

In-depth topic on why
So you're getting killed off of spawn, but the people who are able to trap you on your own spawn are the noobs? Interesting...I always thought that term should be used the other way around. I guess you learn something new every day.
Breakpoint fixed this by spawning the elites on a ledge. Sadly, no one has Breakpoint.
Its fine how it is. If you don't like it, nobody is telling you to play it. If you can't stop yourself from being spawn killed you don't deserve to play.
lol gets killed and calls people noobs for taking advantage of a design flaw.

umad.
Quote:
Its fine how it is. If you don't like it, nobody is telling you to play it. If you can't stop yourself from being spawn killed you don't deserve to play.
This is the truth, I tried to be helpful.
Quote:
So you're getting killed off of spawn, but the people who are able to trap you on your own spawn are the noobs? Interesting...I always thought that term should be used the other way around. I guess you learn something new every day.
Yeah, throwing a grenades at a spawn point is so skilled, wow! Like CHUCK NORRIS! /sarcasm

No, skill is defending the alpha and beta territories near them, and then skunking the other team. I have done it, without spawn killing. That is skill. Real Skill.

Using DMRs and Needlers, okay, that is fine... I am okay with it... but going down to spawn points and throwing grenades over and over, not cool. How do they get grenade? You give them of course when you die. No skill in that.
Also it feels like an infiltration rather than an invasion. The attackers should have AI allies with them and the defenders should have defenses like trip mines or turrets alongside with handful of ai allies. The AI cannot interact with the objectives but provide support for the attackers and defenders. As the game progresses further, some dropships will drop in more troops as well as having more better troops.
Don't revive 9 year old topics please