OP Clipen

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
Hey 343 and Halo players,

I don't think I'm the only one who misses visible ranks from Halo2/Halo3. It separated players very equally by skill so that extremely competitive players could match up and players who just wanted to mess around could match up. The drive I got from wanting to achieve a 50 made me want to play everyday. I couldn't wait to see that number next to my gamer-tag. Now we have been told there will be an "update" that gives us this 1-50 back. BUT it can ONLY BE VIEWED ON HALO WAYPOINT. I don't think I'm the only one that believes this completely defeats the purpose of the 1-50 ranks. Noone wants to go check their skill after everygame. It should be a number seen in the matchmaking lobby. PLEASE if you agree just comment and say signed. I hope we can get enough signatures to get 343s attention.

Thanks,

SIGNED

Clipen
The 1-50 system is probably going to be crap anyways. Seeing as how 343 messed up on so many other aspects of this game, I bet 1-50 is going to be nothing like the 1-50 from Halo 2 and 3.

We will probably see more complaints once the system is in place than we do right now.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Quote:
Aww, that's so cute. Making fun of my weapon of choice.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather make fun of my armor or my Brony username instead?

But to be a TRUE tryhard, you have to make fun of all three at the same time.

Come on, you can do it!
Quote:
Quote:
Aww, that's so cute. Making fun of my weapon of choice.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather make fun of my armor or my Brony username instead?

But to be a TRUE tryhard, you have to make fun of all three at the same time.

Come on, you can do it!
Whats wrong about trying hard again?
Quote:
Nope.
Why are you against the 1 - 50? I want to have a civil conversation about this.
Frankly, I would have been happy with the player being able to see his own rank from the lobby, but not being able to see others' ranks. Easy access to the number without fodder for a piss-fight.
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.
Because it severely hampered Halo 3's community.

If you were a 49 or below you were 'bad'. If you used the AR you were 'bad', as my friend up there just so beautifully demonstrated.

In my opinion, we need to do away with the stat tracking and skill rankings and go back to the days of CE, where it was about action and fun.

And about seeing how far you could launch an invincible Warthog.
Quote:
Frankly, I would have been happy with the player being able to see his own rank from the lobby, but not being able to see others' ranks. Easy access to the number without fodder for a piss-fight.
This would be perfect. But the worst of the worst would keep complaining until they got exactly what they wanted.

It's sad really, because Halo 3 is still up and playable online. Yet they can't leave us alone.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.

If you were a 49 or below you were 'bad'. If you used the AR you were 'bad', as my friend up there just so beautifully demonstrated.

In my opinion, we need to do away with the stat tracking and skill rankings and go back to the days of CE, where it was about action and fun.

"Because I don't play it, nobody should be allowed to play it"
^Is how I read your comment.

Stat tracking and skill rankings only matter if you value them. I personally enjoy playing competetively and want 1-50 ingame etc etc. If you don't, then play social and don't worry about your 1-50 skill, nobody is asking you to care.

I play competitive, but I don't try to stop people from having fun their way, see what I mean? What's wrong with having 1-50 as long as you can have social playlists too...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.

"Because I don't play it, nobody should be allowed to play it"
^Is how I read your comment.

Stat tracking and skill rankings only matter if you value them. I personally enjoy playing competetively and want 1-50 ingame etc etc. If you don't, then play social and don't worry about your 1-50 skill, nobody is asking you to care.

I play competitive, but I don't try to stop people from having fun their way, see what I mean? What's wrong with having 1-50 as long as you can have social playlists too...
Halo 3 had the problem of some playlists not being social. In Halo 3 (and 4) I LOVE Swat. But I had to stick to ranked because it wasn't offered in Social. Make every playlist ranked and give us the option of hiding the 1-50, and it would be excellent.
Why hide it except to save your ego? You seem to be caring about 1-50 more than we do.

If you don't care if it's in the game, why care if it's visible? The playlist gameplay isn't going to change because of numbers next to your name (if you shrug them off as you claim to do)>
Quote:
Halo 3 had the problem of some playlists not being social. In Halo 3 (and 4) I LOVE Swat. But I had to stick to ranked because it wasn't offered in Social. Make every playlist ranked and give us the option of hiding the 1-50, and it would be excellent.
I would submit that the "option to hide" would also be extremely fertile ground for -Yoink--hattery:

Dumb Kid: "You suck and stuff!"
Me: "We've never played a match together. Ever"
DK: "You must be bad because you chose to hide your rank! ROFLXORZ!"

Obviously, you can never completely eliminate an -Yoink--hat's potential to be a -Yoink-, but you can minimize it.

And really, there's only one reason you or I or anyone else would want other people to see our ranks: to show off. That's it.

I don't like showoffs. They are not people I wish to associate myself with.
In game rank would be great! Hopefully they put it in there!
I really hope they add a 1-50 skill system along with social playlists to just chill out and play for fun. I actually (we) good halo kids need a good competitive game to play. Its dumb how it already matches you with your skill level if your leader without a number. We should at least have a true social.
They probably don't want to be made fun of lol. They shouldn't really care about it though.
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
Signed.

You guys can all argue all you want, but the thing that made Halo Competitive, that made people want to play it was the ranking system. Having something to work toward, having the ability to show other players your true skill is an amazing aspect for a game that has (key word) COMPETITIVE multiplayer.

You want to play social, then go play social. But there is a LARGE part of the community that are serious players. Skilled players. Competitive players. And we ALL miss having our ranks, earning our ranks. It gives you something to try for, it makes the games more intense and in a sense "important."

The games lose that seriousness when you level up no matter what. I wanna be able to go into a lobby and be like, "Holy crap, this guy is a 50 with a 3.0 win/loss ratio" Just because some players suck and don't care about rank doesn't mean hat the people who are truly skilled don't want a way to prove it.
The problem is that people judge someone based off rank on everything if ur not a 50 ur opinion doesn't count, u suck because ur not high rank. It's not that people don't like 1-50 it doesn't like the people that solely judge them cuz there lower then them
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10