1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10
Signed
signed.

@rainbowdash (re: ranks make players bad)
1) ignore those players.
2) report those players.
3) stick to social.
4) some players are also nice.
5) rainbowdash would you remove campaign from reach just because a few players boosted in oni: sword base?
6) rainbowdash would you remove progression system coz it also has cheaters/boosters/elitists?
7) rainbowdash would you remove english coz some people say swear words in english?
8) rainbowdash would you remove mouths coz some people use their mouths to say bad things?

point is, why not just FIX the ranking system, rather than removing it?

i also would appreciate in the future, you dont make blind assumptions like 'ranking system was removed because competitive players misbehaved'. that is condescending and, as a competitive player it offends me. i don't think you would find me very pleasant if i said 'jetpack was added because casuals are stupid'. regardless of whether these statements are true or not, they are generalisations and make you look like nothing but an idiot.
yes plzz
I really can't believe that this is what the world has come to. People are arguing against a rank system (which this game NEEDS to survive!! look at Reach!! the amount of people online is already steadily declining) simply because they don't want to be looked down upon. As someone else said, I can simply go look at your K/D if I want to belittle you. I don't need a skill next to your name.

The point is, a ranking system gives people a reason to want to WIN. Without it, nobody really cares what the outcome of the game is.

And like I said, I still CAN make fun of you because my K/D is ridiculously better than yours. But I wouldn't do that anyway. I want this ranking system for MYSELF. So I have something to work towards. It's not about showing off.
Signed

In Halo 3 i was pretty much a social player and because of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th accounters i thought the ranking system became pretty broken. But even then it was also what kept the game going.

So yeah i want a ranking system even thoough i'll probably be staying in social.
Visible Ranks, deeply integrated into the game's UI, is the only real choice. Incorporating offline ranks completely misses the point as it causes us to have to jump through arbitrary hoops to get to the info we want to see. This will result in an experience that is bureaucratic and annoying as opposed to streamlined and intuitive. I can't stress this enough, those of us who want visible in game ranks think that a game devoid of such a system is much worse of a problem than cheating ever was or will be.
In my opinion all shooters online must have rank lists.
This is for me biggest difference Social/Ranked
Social:25k+11k+8k+6k=50kills
Today H4 is a Big Bro Slayer, a few is funny but all days all time is bored.
Visible or not visible? I vote visible in game (and im not 50 in H3)but.. Why not only visible in rank lists? Is a way..
Quote:
You shouldn't be allowed to casually win a superbowl, you shouldn't casually be allowed to win anything worth acheiving. It should take drive, practice, and determination to be ranked in the top of anything. Just because the world has Kardashians, doesn't mean Halo's ranking system should.
You're right, you shouldn't casually win a Super Bowl. But this isn't sports, this isn't something serious, this is a video game. This isn't something that you put your life into. Video games are for fun and entertainment. What's fun & entertaining about being stuck in the same place all the time? I wouldn't mind them bringing back a ranked section for all the playlists as long as visible symbolic ranks have nothing to do with it. You want a 50 and a General symbol by your name, fine; but don't screw those of us over that just want the symbol and don't give two -Yoink- about the number.
Quote:
Quote:
You shouldn't be allowed to casually win a superbowl, you shouldn't casually be allowed to win anything worth acheiving. It should take drive, practice, and determination to be ranked in the top of anything. Just because the world has Kardashians, doesn't mean Halo's ranking system should.
You're right, you shouldn't casually win a Super Bowl. But this isn't sports, this isn't something serious, this is a video game. This isn't something that you put your life into. Video games are for fun and entertainment. What's fun & entertaining about being stuck in the same place all the time? I wouldn't mind them bringing back a ranked section for all the playlists as long as visible symbolic ranks have nothing to do with it. You want a 50 and a General symbol by your name, fine; but don't screw those of us over that just want the symbol and don't give two Yoink! about the number.
^This.

Glad this thread is still alive. Someone on the 10th page called me out again. LOL!

I love how no one noticed I was just killing time by screwing with hardcores yesterday. I DON'T CARE IF WE GET A RANKING SYSTEM OR NOT. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S VISIBLE OR NOT.

The difference is, if I can create a temper tantrum or two by speaking out against a ranking system, well, that's bound to create an hour or so of entertainment.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.
Why are you against the 1 - 50? I want to have a civil conversation about this.
Because it severely hampered Halo 3's community.

If you were a 49 or below you were 'bad'. If you used the AR you were 'bad', as my friend up there just so beautifully demonstrated.

In my opinion, we need to do away with the stat tracking and skill rankings and go back to the days of CE, where it was about action and fun.

And about seeing how far you could launch an invincible Warthog.
Judging based of your independent attitude to "haters" such as your "friend", I think you can handle a couple of non-educated game monkeys calling you "bad." And if you wish to avoid all that, simply just go into social playlists, and you will be playing with people with the same exact opinion and play style as you. We like the competitive side of Halo, and it's because of you kid's whining about people making fun of them that we won't get to have a visible rank system. It's equally distributed between social and ranked, so stay out of ranked and maybe you won't have your problem. Other than that take it like a man, because if you know you're not so good at ranked, and you willingly go in there against people who are probably more skilled than you, it's expected you're gonna take some crap from it.
If you were "bad" for not being a 50 well then... get better? Truth of the story is if you are rocking that AR, well, you are bad. I mean nobody is hating here idc what weapon you use i let people do them but it's sad to see people whining about others calling them bad at a videogame when there are people online saying way worse stuff like making racial jokes/ fun of cultures and actions. Now that's something insulting. But -Yoink- if you get beat by somebody who is better than you are and they call you bad you're really gonna say that ruined your experience with a videogame? Really? I'm sorry but that's pathetic.
YES.

but if you're not going to make in-game visible 1-50 rank, make a competitive playlist that DOES include visible ranking
Signed.
H4 wont last long without visible 1-50
Signed

Unholymethod

-Yoink- the haters.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.
Your favorite weapon/gametype says it all LMAO
Aww, that's so cute. Making fun of my weapon of choice.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather make fun of my armor or my Brony username instead?

But to be a TRUE tryhard, you have to make fun of all three at the same time.

Come on, you can do it!
Mad
I vote for in game rank that everyone can see. It gives people something to strive for.
O and also the halo community is dying without it. many people are playing call of duty black ops 2 because the lack of competitiveness. there are like 30k people playing halo right now. come on!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10