5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.
Your favorite weapon/gametype says it all LMAO
Aww, that's so cute. Making fun of my weapon of choice.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather make fun of my armor or my Brony username instead?

But to be a TRUE tryhard, you have to make fun of all three at the same time.

Come on, you can do it!
Is there something I'm missing here? You're best weapons are BR/Pistol/DMR and you play slayer.

What's the problem here?

Seems legit to me

Color me confused
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.
Your favorite weapon/gametype says it all LMAO
Aww, that's so cute. Making fun of my weapon of choice.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather make fun of my armor or my Brony username instead?

But to be a TRUE tryhard, you have to make fun of all three at the same time.

Come on, you can do it!
Is there something I'm missing here? You're best weapons are BR/Pistol/DMR and you play slayer.

What's the problem here?

Seems legit to me

Color me confused
The opening page of my service record pictures the AR as my Top Weapon.

Probably because of Campaign and Spartan Ops.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.
Why are you against the 1 - 50? I want to have a civil conversation about this.
Because it severely hampered Halo 3's community.

If you were a 49 or below you were 'bad'. If you used the AR you were 'bad', as my friend up there just so beautifully demonstrated.

In my opinion, we need to do away with the stat tracking and skill rankings and go back to the days of CE, where it was about action and fun.

And about seeing how far you could launch an invincible Warthog.
Yes!

Honestly, I want the system to be put back in, so that way, people can shut up about not having it.

As long as I can rank up the same way, I personally won't care about my overall Trueskill rank. Just as long as the Trueskill rank doesn't affect what I can or cannot unlock in terms of armor or other aesthetics.

Other people who aren't obsessed with the visible Trueskill rank shouldn't really worry either, because most of us are just here to have fun anyways whether we're good at the game or not. For me, Halo 4 has hit that sweet spot in terms of the ranking system, and if people so DESPERATELY need that visible rank, let them have it.

It'll be one less thing the community will be divided over, and I hate seeing that for my favorite franchise.
Quote:
Quote:
Halo 3 had the problem of some playlists not being social. In Halo 3 (and 4) I LOVE Swat. But I had to stick to ranked because it wasn't offered in Social. Make every playlist ranked and give us the option of hiding the 1-50, and it would be excellent.
I would submit that the "option to hide" would also be extremely fertile ground for -Yoink!--hattery:

Dumb Kid: "You suck and stuff!"
Me: "We've never played a match together. Ever"
DK: "You must be bad because you chose to hide your rank! ROFLXORZ!"

Obviously, you can never completely eliminate an -Yoink!--hat's potential to be a -Yoink!-, but you can minimize it.

And really, there's only one reason you or I or anyone else would want other people to see our ranks: to show off. That's it.

I don't like showoffs. They are not people I wish to associate myself with.
You couldn't be further from the truth.

a visual rank system gives players a reason to keep playing, it indicates your progress and something to work towards. It's not about measuring e-peens, it's about having a system that you personally can work towards and feel accomplished when you do well. It's about getting placed against harder and harder opponents to see how far you can take it. It's about actually trying, because matches matter.

H4 right now: "It's a game where everyone wins and the points don't matter"
Quote:
The problem is that people judge someone based off rank on everything if ur not a 50 ur opinion doesn't count, u suck because ur not high rank. It's not that people don't like 1-50 it doesn't like the people that solely judge them cuz there lower then them
And then come the horrifying messages and the barrage of profanity and the griefing- all because you're not at that person's rank.

But let's keep in mind this goes both ways- people who are above said player's rank are "tryhards" and whatnot.

Really, not allowing players to see other players' ranks could potentially save a fair amount of grief for everyone- with no loss to the actual game and gameplay itself.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.

If you were a 49 or below you were 'bad'. If you used the AR you were 'bad', as my friend up there just so beautifully demonstrated.

In my opinion, we need to do away with the stat tracking and skill rankings and go back to the days of CE, where it was about action and fun.

So it's a bad thing to have a ranking to determine where you stand? You just hate competition that much? Or is it just because you aren't very talented?

I've never seen a 50 in Halo 3 advocate against a ranking system.
Ranked and Social. Why are the casuals against this? PLAY -Yoinking!- SOCIAL!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.

So it's a bad thing to have a ranking to determine where you stand? You just hate competition that much? Or is it just because you aren't very talented?

50's made up about 2% of the Halo 3 playerbase.

Last I checked, 343 doesn't want to cater to 2% of the playerbase.
Quote:

a visual rank system gives players a reason to keep playing, it indicates your progress and something to work towards. It's not about measuring e-peens, it's about having a system that you personally can work towards and feel accomplished when you do well. It's about getting placed against harder and harder opponents to see how far you can take it. It's about actually trying, because matches matter.

Please don't mistake my intentions. I want a "visual ranking system". I want that 1-50 (or higher, why not?). I want to see my rank, and easily.

But I don't want to see your rank, and I don't want you to see mine- for reasons I've already stated.

With this in mind, go ahead and re-read my post, and see if it makes better sense.
If your feelings get hurt by someone telling you that you suck while playing a game in a ranked playlist, this game isn't for you. This game is rated M. 17 and older. If you really are 17 and older and care about people saying you suck, drop the game now. If you're not 17 and older, you shouldn't be playing the game and your opinion does not matter. Also, if someone says you suck, use that as motivation to kick their -Yoink-, t-bag them, and win.
Quote:
Last I checked, 343 doesn't want to cater to 2% of the playerbase.
50s aren't the only people who want a ranking system. Take a look at Halo 3's population over the years, and then take a look at Reach's and what is currently happening to Halo 4's. Halo 3, as well as, Halo 2 were much more popular. I realize the gameplay was much better in those games, but a solid ranking system clearly helped.
Quote:
Quote:

Please don't mistake my intentions. I want a "visual ranking system". I want that 1-50 (or higher, why not?). I want to see my rank, and easily.

But I don't want to see your rank, and I don't want you to see mine- for reasons I've already stated.

With this in mind, go ahead and re-read my post, and see if it makes better sense.
Exactly. Invisible-to-everyone-but-you ranks would solve everything.

Because it's not about being better than everyone else, it's about being as good as you can be.

This way, we would have something to go after, something to achieve, while the badly-behaved part of the competitive community would have no ground to stand on when they want to trash-talk everyone below them.
Quote:

What you just described is not a ranking system. A ranking system means you are ranked against other players.

They could have the exact system today, and no one would know what it means.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.

So why doesn't it work on waypoint? It'll show everything u want just not in game? S all u have to do is open waypoint up before u start the game check ur rank and go play. u don't have to worry about it till u lose? Plus if there is a playlist that is only for rank ill still get to play with people who want to rank up.
Quote:
What you just described is not a ranking system. A ranking system means you are ranked against other players.

They could have the exact system today, and no one would no what it means.
Here is your misconception: such a system is designed specifically for the benefit of the competition. A 1-50 simplifies matchmaking, and helps ensure that similarly-skilled players compete against each other, rather than against lesser-skilled players.

It's still a "ranking system", but without the ego boosters.
Hopefully they do
Signed
Quote:
RainbowDash88;1951980 wrote:

Well you probably were "bad" in the competitive sense of the game, which obviously doesn't matter (And yes there was a lot of -Yoinks!- in Halo 3 ranked, all the more reasons I liked playing ranked so I could shut them up). But is it not true that having ranked and social playlist gave the opportunity to play competitive or just have fun and do crazy stuff in social (like doing mongoose brute shot jumps of the hill in sandtrap). I'm sure as you obviously are a casual player you probably don't like trying to play big team or any playlist getting matched up with uber competitive teams while you are just trying to have fun.

I personally like playing both competitive and casual and I would like to have a choice between the two like I did in Halo 3. And whether the rank is visible (although I would much prefer a visible) or not it is key to seperate the playlist out.
Quote:
Quote:
RainbowDash88;1951980 wrote:

Well you probably were "bad" in the competitive sense of the game, which obviously doesn't matter (And yes there was a lot of -Yoinks!- in Halo 3 ranked, all the more reasons I liked playing ranked so I could shut them up). But is it not true that having ranked and social playlist gave the opportunity to play competitive or just have fun and do crazy stuff in social (like doing mongoose brute shot jumps of the hill in sandtrap). I'm sure as you obviously are a casual player you probably don't like trying to play big team or any playlist getting matched up with uber competitive teams while you are just trying to have fun.

I personally like playing both competitive and casual and I would like to have a choice between the two like I did in Halo 3. And whether the rank is visible (although I would much prefer a visible) or not it is key to seperate the playlist out.
You'd be right and wrong on several counts. I consider myself equal parts casual and competitive. I highly enjoy SWAT and Dominion.

Competitive games can be very very fun, but to me, player etiquette is everything. Well-behaved players can make a bad game great, and poorly-behaved players can make a stellar game absolutely terrible.

My point is, the players I am vehemently against are the 50's who thought themselves to be God, and 49's and below were scum. Those are the players I want to destroy, and the players who should not have a single word of influence on how Halo is developed.

They shouldn't be the bottom of the totem pole, no.

They should be the worm-infested dirt upon which the totem pole sits on.

Competitive gaming is amazing until poor etiquette corrupts it.
No it didn't. Halo 3 thrived long after Reach came out because of it's competitive scene. No one ever called you out on your rank unless you were trying to say you knew more about the came from a competitive level then someone else. People only criticized AR users cause they never attempted to get better at any other weapon.

Besides, a lot of people like playing competitively. If you take that away you're taking away the niche of players that came to Halo from Halo 2 because there was a ranking system in place. Social sun isn't for everyone. You can find people with Halo 3 stats on Bungie.net that have over 12,000 games played and almost all of it is in ranked playlists.

There's nothing wrong with diving the community up between Ranked and Social like in Halo 3 if they really want that. Ranked definitely did not hinder Halo 3 in the slightest, especially when the Ranked playlists are the only ones somewhat active right now on Halo 3.

Quote:

I don't get why they won't do this. People call us the minority since we want it. If it we were that small a part of the fanbase, why is this such a common topic?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10