2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10
You want to know what makes it worse? Do ya? DO YA? Look me up on Bungie.net. I have less ranked games played then you yet I'm somehow a higher rank. It really shows how much merit you have in this argument. I'm not getting mad, the only thing I'm doing is laughing on how the argument you have created is collapsing beneath your feet cause it isn't even there.

Quote:
I was wondering when it would get to a Bnet-grade of cesspool in here!
Quote:
>Insinuating anyone who is against 1-50 is not a true Halo fan.

Just...just lol.
Just by looking at your stats, I can tell you only play halo for fun. That's fine. Nothing is wrong with that. But why be so uptight about players wanting a visible 1-50 rank system?

You do realize Reach died off because it got stall(why I barely played it). You get to the top rank and nothing. At least in halo 2/3 you had something to work for. If you get one 50 great, on to the next playlist.

Their will still be social playlists and griftball, etc. whatever you casuals play. Let the competitive players actually get something that is competitive.
Quote:
You want to know what makes it worse? Do ya? DO YA? Look me up on Bungie.net. I have less ranked games played then you yet I'm somehow a higher rank. It really shows how much merit you have in this argument. I'm not getting mad, the only thing I'm doing is laughing on how the argument you have created is collapsing beneath your feet cause it isn't even there.

Quote:
I was wondering when it would get to a Bnet-grade of cesspool in here!
Yeah, and the argument that you're creating that how much an opinion should matter be based on skill has a lot of merit too.

*snicker-snort*
Quote:
The 1-50 system is probably going to be crap anyways. Seeing as how 343 messed up on so many other aspects of this game, I bet 1-50 is going to be nothing like the 1-50 from Halo 2 and 3.

We will probably see more complaints once the system is in place than we do right now.
Sad, but very likely. This game was botched from day one.
Quote:
Quote:

Just...just lol.
Just by looking at your stats, I can tell you only play halo for fun. That's fine. Nothing is wrong with that. But why be so uptight about players wanting a visible 1-50 rank system?

You do realize Reach died off because it got stall(why I barely played it). You get to the top rank and nothing. At least in halo 2/3 you had something to work for. If you get one 50 great, on to the next playlist.

Their will still be social playlists and griftball, etc. whatever you casuals play. Let the competitive players actually get something that is competitive.

>Stale.
>There.

What we need is a better form of Arena. So the 1-50 number will reset every season so Competitve players can't just get a 50 on their Highest Skill and be done. They have to consistently prove they're good.
The whole argument should be more about how casual players have gotten everything on their Christmas wishlist and competitives have been robbed by the big bulky roided up mob boss neighbor.
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You're entire argument is based around "All 50's are rude" when you don't even have the skill level to be placed with them.

Quote:
Yeah, and the argument that you're creating that how much an opinion should matter be based on skill has a lot of merit too.

*snicker-snort*
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just...just lol.

>Stale.
>There.

What we need is a better form of Arena. So the 1-50 number will reset every season so Competitve players can't just get a 50 on their Highest Skill and be done. They have to consistently prove they're good.
Sorry grammar Nazi.

What I would love to see is an ELO based system. Something like League of Legends has. Where their are seasons and your ELO gets reset after each season. Have a bronze, silver, gold, plat, diamond tier. If you are diamond then you are the elite.

My 2cents.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just...just lol.

>Stale.
>There.

I would actually love that. I enjoyed the concept Reach had with Arena, but I just didn't like Reach. Having it being reset and fighting for it all over again will keep me playing for a long time, that's for sure!
Quote:
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You're entire argument is based around "All 50's are rude" when you don't even have the skill level to be placed with them.

Quote:

*snicker-snort*
My entire argument is based on the competitive community needing to improve their online behavior, and until they do, the majority of the casuals will look at 1-50 with disdain.
Quote:
>Stale.
>There.

Anyone have a ASCII picture of the go kill yourself meme?
Good job you broke the tags.
What proof do you have of the competitive community showing rude behavior? You don't. Unless you start bringing up hundreds of videos of your ranked games in Halo 3 where you're being trash talked by 50's you have no stance. You simply want a Halo title that doesn't reward good players for being good. Unless every 50 you met in online called you a BK (Which statistics shows, YOU ARE) and you showed proof of it, you have no argument or say in where the competitive scene should go.

Quote:
My entire argument is based on the competitive community needing to improve their online behavior, and until they do, the majority of the casuals will look at 1-50 with disdain.
I will happily play Halo for years to come.

If Halo 5 comes out with Halo 3's exact system, I will enjoy playing up to a Highest Skill of 23, because I know it really doesn't matter. Tryhards and lowlifes will judge me for my 23, of course, but I have other commitments and hobbies besides holding a plastic controller.

I have enjoyed every single Halo game that has been released, regardless of what skill or ranking system has been implemented. I do not need a number to go up to enjoy the game.

I just wish more of you played that way.

But that's why I view the Halo community as one of the hardest to please, and thus, one of the worst gaming communities in the past 5 years.

Thank you, Waypoint, and especially this topic. You have proven quite entertaining this morning.
Quote:
You entire argument here is that the 1-50 ranking system causes scrubbernauts, such as yourself, to look down on the competitive community.......
Honestly, while i don't like the halo 3 1-50, i would rather prefer

A ranked playlist call it arena or whatever you like have
-Big Team battle
-FFA not regicide
-Team Slayer
-Team objective
-Double Teams
-MLG

Have it set to a 6 month interval maybe shorter
you get the illustrious ranking system 1-50 or whatever some visible ranking system. But make it extremely hard to boost.

Once that interval is over your ranking in those playlists are reset,
however waypoint keeps track of your first round ranking the exact number and how well you did.

However it also gives you a a visible rank in game but instead of the number it gives you a symbol based on your ranking thats viewable in all playlists even the next round of ranked.
1-10 some low symbol
10-20
20-30 maybe star
30-40 5 star
40-49 spartan symbol
50- Diadact or forerunner marathon symbol shows you proved you were the best of the best.
T
he intervals for symbols could be smaller idk.
the symbol also shows up on your waypoint, however if you perform lower in the next round of ranked playlists you lose your symbol visible on playlists and get the lower one. Basically making you constantly strive to do better and keep doing better.
Quote:
Quote:
You entire argument here is that the 1-50 ranking system causes scrubbernauts, such as yourself, to look down on the competitive community.......
Yep.

More lesser skilled players than higher skilled. Lesser skilled players have money to spend on games too.

Know what that means?

Victory.
Quote:

If Halo 5 comes out with Halo 3's exact system, I will enjoy playing up to a Highest Skill of 23, because I know it really doesn't matter. Tryhards and lowlifes will judge me for my 23, of course, but I have other commitments and hobbies besides holding a plastic controller.

I have enjoyed every single Halo game that has been released, regardless of what skill or ranking system has been implemented. I do not need a number to go up to enjoy the game.

But that's why I view the Halo community as one of the hardest to please, and thus, one of the worst gaming communities in the past 5 years.

Thank you, Waypoint, and especially this topic. You have proven quite entertaining this morning.
In yellow I have highlighted the most ethnocentric comment of the day.

In orange I have highlighted an interesting phrase. If you are inferring that all competitive players ONLY play video games then you are wrong. Some of the most athletic and party hard people I know would have no problem obtaining 40 in halo 3.(I had to use Halo 3's skill as a reference because it's the only thing that matters if we are going to talk about gaming competence.)

I demand proof of the blasphemy presented in brown highlighted text.

END OF DISCUSSION
You obviously don't care about becoming the best you can be if you are content with a 23....my 8 year old brother at least got a 31...
You are just a butt-hurt scrubbernaut. Case Closed.
No, it means that you're a casual scrub and you're the primary reason the gaming industry is in the poor state and quality that it's in right now.

Quote:
Know what that means?

Victory.
Quote:
Quote:

In yellow I have highlighted the most ethnocentric comment of the day.

In orange I have highlighted an interesting phrase. If you are inferring that all competitive players ONLY play video games then you are wrong. Some of the most athletic and party hard people I know would have no problem obtaining 40 in halo 3.(I had to use Halo 3's skill as a reference because it's the only thing that matters if we are going to talk about gaming competence.)

I demand proof of the blasphemy presented in brown highlighted text.
Demand all you want. Maybe it'll appear magically out of thin air.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10