2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 10
We need this ranking system. Ideally, it should be optional, meaning you have the option to play Ranked playlists, Social playlists, custom games, etc. That way you aren't forced to sweat it out every game, instead having the option to play games solely for experience rather than ranks.
I'd have no problem with it if it was optional.

But some people around here want it mandatory, so they can call people bad and 'scrubbernauts'. I'm sure glad they don;t award points for being clever...ugh.
Quote:
No, it means that you're a casual scrub and you're the primary reason the gaming industry is in the poor state and quality that it's in right now.
Way to prove his point.
A 1-50 ranking system with a playlist split of ranked/social would be ideal.
Ranks aren't just about bragging rights, guys...

Ranked playlists function as a gigantic cesspit for the so-called scummiest Halo players:

-Screaming, whining tryhards
-Hilarious griefers
-Cheaters

With ranked playlists, all of these community succubi will be drawn away from social playlists in order to troll the tryhard nerds in ranked playlists.

Think about it...

Why would a Dorito-eating tryhard waste his time with the thumbless goons in social when he could expect better teammates in a ranked playlist?

Why would a clever, little griefer try trolling a bunch of casual players that couldn't care less when the result would be so much more hilarious if the players he (or she - we don't discriminate here) was trolling actually cared (ie. RANKED PLAYERS)?

Why would a cheater waste their time DDOS'ing players in social gametypes when there is nothing to gain? Why would they waste their (debatably) precious time producing mods to gain nothing? They wouldn't. Instead, they would head to ranked playlists where, at least, something can be gained from their debauchery. Further, they also get more troll points to spend by cheating against ranked players.

In the end, if anything, the ranked playlist hurts the ranked player's experience by giving them a more concentrated dose of Halo scumbag. Even then, most competitive players still want that experience because the pros outweigh all of the cons stated above. Ranks provide a goal-oriented environment, something to show off, and a more competitive environment for those that care.

All of this benefits the social players because it means that all the Mountain Dew-chugging MLG's, brace-faced hostbooters, and slumber-party trolls will be in the ranked playlists harassing the nerds that care about two little digits sitting next to their names.

Win-Win-Win
Quote:
The problem is that people judge someone based off rank on everything if ur not a 50 ur opinion doesn't count, u suck because ur not high rank. It's not that people don't like 1-50 it doesn't like the people that solely judge them cuz there lower then them
Someone had hit the nail on the head.

The people that don't want it, don't want it because of the immaturity that comes with it.

And going by how ppl are acting in this thread it wouldn't be much different now. Kids acting like it's something they can put on their resume when they finally get a job.
Quote:
Quote:
No, it means that you're a casual scrub and you're the primary reason the gaming industry is in the poor state and quality that it's in right now.
Way to prove his point.
Hey I don't have a problem with that. They've been doing it for 5 pages now.
Quote:
If your feelings get hurt by someone telling you that you suck while playing a game in a ranked playlist, this game isn't for you. This game is rated M. 17 and older. If you really are 17 and older and care about people saying you suck, drop the game now. If you're not 17 and older, you shouldn't be playing the game and your opinion does not matter. Also, if someone says you suck, use that as motivation to kick their -Yoink!-, t-bag them, and win.
I agree with you 110%
Quote:
Ranks aren't just about bragging rights, guys...

Ranked playlists function as a gigantic cesspit for the so-called scummiest Halo players:

-Screaming, whining tryhards
-Hilarious griefers
-Cheaters

With ranked playlists, all of these community succubi will be drawn away from social playlists in order to troll the tryhard nerds in ranked playlists.

Think about it...

Why would a Dorito-eating tryhard waste his time with the thumbless goons in social when he could expect better teammates in a ranked playlist?

Why would a clever, little griefer try trolling a bunch of casual players that couldn't care less when the result would be so much more hilarious if the players he (or she - we don't discriminate here) was trolling actually cared (ie. RANKED PLAYERS)?

Why would a cheater waste their time DDOS'ing players in social gametypes when there is nothing to gain? Why would they waste their (debatably) precious time producing mods to gain nothing? They wouldn't. Instead, they would head to ranked playlists where, at least, something can be gained from their debauchery. Further, they also get more troll points to spend by cheating against ranked players.

In the end, if anything, the ranked playlist hurts the ranked player's experience by giving them a more concentrated dose of Halo scumbag. Even then, most competitive players still want that experience because the pros outweight all of the cons stated above. Ranks provide a goal-oriented environment, something to show off, and a more competitive environment for those that care.

All of this benefits the social players because it means that all the Mountain Dew-chugging MLG's, brace-faced hostbooters, and slumber-party trolls will be in the ranked playlists harassing the nerds that care about two little digits sitting next to their names.

Win-Win-Win
Well that does it for this thread. This guy just won.
Quote:
You'd be right and wrong on several counts. I consider myself equal parts casual and competitive. I highly enjoy SWAT and Dominion.

Competitive games can be very very fun, but to me, player etiquette is everything. Well-behaved players can make a bad game great, and poorly-behaved players can make a stellar game absolutely terrible.

My point is, the players I am vehemently against are the 50's who thought themselves to be God, and 49's and below were scum. Those are the players I want to destroy, and the players who should not have a single word of influence on how Halo is developed.

They shouldn't be the bottom of the totem pole, no.

They should be the worm-infested dirt upon which the totem pole sits on.

Competitive gaming is amazing until poor etiquette corrupts it.
Not every level 50 was a jerk. And please explain to me why the people who invest the most time in learning every detail about the game in order to be the best they can at it shouldn't have a "single word of influence on how Halo is developed." Because since Halo has gotten less competitive, starting with Halo 3, then Reach, then 4, the population has been declining. Correlation =/= Causation however it's definitely not just coincidence.
Thing is Can the game seriously handle two playlists like Halo 3? I don't see there being like a FFA Ranked and the a Social FFA playlist. I don't think with the population as it is can handle it.

So what will happen you get ranked for everything and ppl will grief the tryhards
Quote:
Quote:
You'd be right and wrong on several counts. I consider myself equal parts casual and competitive. I highly enjoy SWAT and Dominion.

Competitive games can be very very fun, but to me, player etiquette is everything. Well-behaved players can make a bad game great, and poorly-behaved players can make a stellar game absolutely terrible.

My point is, the players I am vehemently against are the 50's who thought themselves to be God, and 49's and below were scum. Those are the players I want to destroy, and the players who should not have a single word of influence on how Halo is developed.

They shouldn't be the bottom of the totem pole, no.

They should be the worm-infested dirt upon which the totem pole sits on.

Competitive gaming is amazing until poor etiquette corrupts it.
Not every level 50 was a jerk. And please explain to me why the people who invest the most time in learning every detail about the game in order to be the best they can at it shouldn't have a "single word of influence on how Halo is developed." Because since Halo has gotten less competitive, starting with Halo 3, then Reach, then 4, the population has been declining. Correlation =/= Causation however it's definitely not just coincidence.
People like you should have input, just as much as everyone else that plays the game.

What makes you so -Yoinking!- special?

Its the friggin elitist attitude that is wrong with the vast majority of the "competitive community"

Grow the -Yoink- up!
Umm i do agree that the rank should be visible on the right like in Halo 2 and Halo 3.

Other than that, idk. 343i is on a thin line of trust and hope from me.
343i needs to learn/pay attention to their community.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.
Why are you against the 1 - 50? I want to have a civil conversation about this.
Because it severely hampered Halo 3's community.

If you were a 49 or below you were 'bad'. If you used the AR you were 'bad', as my friend up there just so beautifully demonstrated.

In my opinion, we need to do away with the stat tracking and skill rankings and go back to the days of CE, where it was about action and fun.

And about seeing how far you could launch an invincible Warthog.
I had to laugh at this. Good way to destroy the game.
People are USED to and NEED incentives now
Quote:
THAT, right there, is why I won't care if I never see 1-50 again. That exact type of behavior and superiority complex right there.
My opinion effects you THAT much? Wow. You are mentally weak.
Ranked is more FUN than social.

/thread.
A ranked playlist would just hurt people's feelings. We have to think about the people who are not good enough to compete, or the people who won't play ranked games at all. If you get rewarded for winning games, how is this fair to those who don't win? What do they get? Ranked down? That is not fair and that is why there shouldn't be any rank at all, not even SR. Everyone should get the same reward, whether you go 20 kills and 4 deaths, or 4 kills and 20 deaths. Everyone in the game should get the same amount of experience and unlocks. This should go by days that go by, so that the people who can't/don't want to play much can still get what people who play a lot get.

Moreover, I think this should be how grades are given in school. I try just as hard as everyone else but I seem to never get good grades and that is not fair! I give it 100% but get nothing. The people who get good grades shouldn't get any document that shows it because then they will tell me I am dumb and that's the only reason this needs. Employers should never get to see grades, that way I have just as good of a chance to get a job by showing my great personality.

If someone wants a 50 in halo 4 if there are ranked playlists, then 343 should give it to them right away, or if someone else gets a 50, then I should also get a 50. It's not fair that other people can get it and I can't even when I try as hard as I can.

This is why I stopped playing little league baseball. I never got a trophy for winning because I didn't win and that is such BS. Every kid deserves a trophy. My kids will play now though, because everyone gets a participation trophy now, and that is awesome!

Ok, just kidding.

This is all I am reading when I see people oppose the ranked idea, even when it can be separate and they don't have to play it. They are worried they will be called a scrub and can't seem to mute anyone because it's so hard to do that now in Halo 4!

You all are the kind of people that I DESPISE.

I am not, nor never was, a 50 in Halo. But love the competition and trash talk. If a 50 gives me crap, let's 1v1 punk a$$! No wait, we should do away with ranked because I don't to get my feelings hurt.
Quote:
People like you should have input, just as much as everyone else that plays the game.

What makes you so -Yoinking!- special?

Its the friggin elitist attitude that is wrong with the vast majority of the "competitive community"

Grow the -Yoink!- up!
What did I say that was elitist? I was simply stating a fact.

To give an example, let's say we have 2 players both with 1000+ hours of Halo 4 played. The first player enjoys playing Flood and other fun custom gametype variants with his friends. He plays a lot of Halo, he's probably developed a pretty decent shot as well, and if he played Slayer he would perform admirably, perhaps even well. The second is the "tryhard," if you wish to call him that. Now although he has just as much time played as the first player, his knowledge of the extreme details of the game is far greater. While the first player was learning the best spot to hide on Complex for a game of flood, the second was learning how and where enemy players spawn, the strongest positions on the map and what movements can break those positions, the most effective way to win a 1v1 with things such as when its appropriate to duck or jump, I could go on but I think you get the idea.

Now my point here isn't to belittle casual players or gametypes. I myself love playing custom variants with my friends, I like Grifball from time to time, however most of my Halo experience dating back to the December following the release of Halo CE in 2001 up until now has been mostly focused on winning games. The competitive community isn't making crazy demands to alter the game. As a matter of fact many of us feel this could be the best Halo since Halo 2 but there are several things which need to be fixed or altered or at least given the option to alter.

Like I said, whether you want to argue with me or not, its impossible to deny that since a 1-50 ranking system was removed, Halo has been on the decline. At this point I sadly feel there's not much that can save it, but to be given a visible ranking system would at least give me some incentive to want to get better.

Whatever your feelings are towards competitive players please understand this. While we don't represent the largest group in the Halo fanbase, we are one of the most passionate, and we want Halo to be the best game it can be just like all of you do.
Quote:
Ranked is more FUN than social.

/thread.
1. That's opinion.
2. Saying "/thread" won't make this go away.
^^ communist?

My quick 2 cents:
MILLIONS are begging for a rank system/playlists...people who will buy or not buy DLC based JUST on this. Virtually no one (besides mr. ussr up there) would be upset by a SEPERATE list so we can do what we want, play ranked if u want, or not.

So A. dont make ranked lists/system = lose millions in dlc, piss people off, shorten games lifespan

B. Do it, watch halo become #1 in live that very week, make -Yoink- tons of money, make everyone happy / shut up.

WHAT HARM COMES FROM CHOSING B. WTF 343, EXPLAIN YOURSELF
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 10