7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 10
Quote:
Quote:
Ranked is more FUN than social.

/thread.
1. That's opinion.
2. Saying "/thread" won't make this go away.
You have more fun in social than ranked?
company's don't give the people what they want, they try to work around it and drive people away from halo, so it seems. 1-50 beside the name for(ranked) would make allot of people come back to halo but putting it in way point is just a stupid move, doesn't 343i understand that halo reach didn't have a ranking system and halo tracker tried to give it to us and look how that turned out. (GARBAGE) no point in a ranking system that u cant see and have to get off the game to check it just doesn't work the same.
Quote:
^^ communist?

My quick 2 cents:
MILLIONS are begging for a rank system/playlists...people who will buy or not buy DLC based JUST on this. Virtually no one (besides mr. ussr up there) would be upset by a SEPERATE list so we can do what we want, play ranked if u want, or not.
What? How is anything I said communist? I have literally made not a single comment about the Ranked stuff.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

/thread.
1. That's opinion.
I play just about everything, so I really don't give a damn weather or not I play Ranked or Social. I have fun either way, because its Halo.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

/thread.
1. That's opinion.
In Halo 3 or 4? Cuz I play just about everything, and I really don't give a damn weather or not I play Ranked or Social. I have fun either way, because its Halo.
Halo 3. So since you don't give a damn, you would be okay with Halo 4 adding a 1 - 50? To please others in the community who do give a damn, like myself.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

/thread.
1. That's opinion.
In Halo 3 or 4? Cuz I play just about everything, and I really don't give a damn weather or not I play Ranked or Social. I have fun either way, because its Halo.
Halo 3. So since you don't give a damn, you would be okay with Halo 4 adding a 1 - 50? To please others in the community who do give a damn, like myself.
I don't care, so long as you don't teabag or trash talk to me just because you got a single (or several) decent kill. Halo is a GAME, and as such, should be treated as one, and your fellow players should be treated with respect. Any disrespect should stay among friends and relatives.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.
Why are you against the 1 - 50? I want to have a civil conversation about this.
Because it severely hampered Halo 3's community.

If you were a 49 or below you were 'bad'. If you used the AR you were 'bad', as my friend up there just so beautifully demonstrated.

In my opinion, we need to do away with the stat tracking and skill rankings and go back to the days of CE, where it was about action and fun.

And about seeing how far you could launch an invincible Warthog.
See this is the problem with gamers today. They are too soft.

I am in favor of ranks, I don't have a 50, and I can handle a little -Yoink- talking. There is just as much -Yoink- talking in any game, ranks or not. No 1-50 doesn't = no -Yoink- talkers.

Its time to do away with stat tracking and skill rankings? Why? Because there's a system in place telling you that you aren't the best, and you can't handle it? I have no problem being told i'm not the best, i'm a big boy and I can handle it. I guess we should remove high scores from arcades, and achievement points over Xbox we don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

As for no stat tracking and skill rankings on the days of CE. Its because its not online. Why would you need stats when you can only play split screen or LAN? Whats going to stop people playing against 3 people by themselves to boost stats? If Halo CE was online it would of had them.

You need to understand why ranks are necessary to add longevity to the game. Why its better to have them when you want to play competitively, why its good to have ranked and social playlists to separate tryhard from casual play. I could write a laundry list of why ranks benefit any competitive game.

So instead of complaining about a rank system, because you can't handle a system or person telling you that you aren't the best. Have an open mind and see the benefits from it. Even if you don't play ranked, there will always be a social playlist in place. That's what this game is now. Just one social playlist, and the number of players have been drastically decreasing since the day Halo 4 launched, and that's a fact.
Quote:
See this is the problem with gamers today. They are too soft.

I am in favor of ranks, I don't have a 50, and I can handle a little Yoink! talking. There is just as much Yoink! talking in any game, ranks or not. No 1-50 doesn't = no Yoink! talkers.

Its time to do away with stat tracking and skill rankings? Why? Because there's a system in place telling you that you aren't the best, and you can't handle it? I have no problem being told i'm not the best, i'm a big boy and I can handle it. I guess we should remove high scores from arcades, and achievement points over Xbox we don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

As for no stat tracking and skill rankings on the days of CE. Its because its not online. Why would you need stats when you can only play split screen or LAN? Whats going to stop people playing against 3 people by themselves to boost stats? If Halo CE was online it would of had them.

You need to understand why ranks are necessary to add longevity to the game. Why its better to have them when you want to play competitively, why its good to have ranked and social playlists to separate tryhard from casual play. I could write a laundry list of why ranks benefit any competitive game.

So instead of complaining about a rank system, because you can't handle a system or person telling you that you aren't the best. Have an open mind and see the benefits from it. Even if you don't play ranked, there will always be a social playlist in place. That's what this game is now. Just one social playlist, and the number of players have been drastically decreasing since the day Halo 4 launched, and that's a fact.
That sums it up. Thank you!
signed
If you're going to argue in favor of Ranks, do it right.

That means:
    [/li]
  • Don't tell people what is fun and what isn't.
  • Don't be aggressive unless otherwise provoked.
  • Support your opinion with something substantial.
I support ranks. However, I don't think they should envelope what we currently have available. Instead, an optional "ranked" playlist with Ranked Team Slayer and Ranked Team Doubles (etc.) should be implemented. That way, people who don't like the pressure potentially experienced in ranked games can simply play "Social" games much the same as they do now.

Also, ranks should be visible. This way, you can witness your progression first hand and be rewarded for your hard work. I don't understand the logic behind allowing CSR to only be available to check on Waypoint. It just seems inconvenient. Who wants to be bothered to log in to Waypoint every time they want to check a certain rank or see if they ranked up after a game?
Quote:

That means:
    [/li]
THIS = Win.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope.
Why are you against the 1 - 50? I want to have a civil conversation about this.
Because it severely hampered Halo 3's community.

If you were a 49 or below you were 'bad'. If you used the AR you were 'bad', as my friend up there just so beautifully demonstrated.

In my opinion, we need to do away with the stat tracking and skill rankings and go back to the days of CE, where it was about action and fun.

And about seeing how far you could launch an invincible Warthog.
Step 1: Mute him
Step 2: Prove him wrong during the match
Step 3: Get level 50
Step 4: Success?
Quote:

That means:
    [/li]
I support ranks. However, I don't think they should envelope what we currently have available. Instead, an optional "ranked" playlist with Ranked Team Slayer and Ranked Team Doubles (etc.) should be implemented. That way, people who don't like the pressure potentially experienced in ranked games can simply play "Social" games much the same as they do now.

Also, ranks should be visible. This way, you can witness your progression first hand and be rewarded for your hard work. I don't understand the logic behind allowing CSR to only be available to check on Waypoint. It just seems inconvenient. Who wants to be bothered to log in to Waypoint every time they want to check a certain rank or see if they ranked up after a game?
All of this.

I want ranks in to but i am rather sick of all the condescending arguments made in favor of them. We need more posts like the one quoted above.

How do you some you competitive players who attack non-competitive players expect to get support, let alone make them understand, that ranks are important when you are attacking them all the time?

Granted, you can't convince everyone to see things your way and many non-competitive players are just as rude and narrow minded but something has to give ;/. You just have to live with that and hopefully, someone understands.

If this was back in the Halo 3 days, i would be flamed for not having a 50 despite my support for competitive play and ranks......
Quote:
Nope.
Players like you are what ruin this for everyone. Instead of compromising and giving competitive players a ranked set of playlists, while getting social for yourselves, you insist on making this game all social. There is nothing wrong with trying to appease both sides, but then players cry because the big bad level 45-50s beat up on them when they think they're good enough to play ranked, when they're not.
Implementing a VISIBLE ranking system on the console is CRITICAL to the longterm viability to the game, and is the single most important thing 343 should do. People who don't care or don't want to play ranked games can play unranked games(social playlists). I can not stress this enough. And the people out there who keep defending to 343 of not having one in Halo 4 are doing the game an injustice and the Halo population will suffer for it. Please stop.

For more on this see my thread here.... https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm1954317_Listen-up-343----Breaking-down-Halo-4.aspx#post1954317
Please, give me a reason to want to win!

Signed.
Hampered Halo3's community???? Your totally wrong!! Halo3 lasted on the charts until about 2 weeks ago....I guess your reasoning is the campaign huh?
Quote:
The problem is that people judge someone based off rank on everything if ur not a 50 ur opinion doesn't count, u suck because ur not high rank. It's not that people don't like 1-50 it doesn't like the people that solely judge them cuz there lower then them
If the problem is that people get judged because of their rank then you your sad, it a video game.
What you wrote:

Quote:
Are you sure you wouldn't rather make fun of my armor or my Brony username instead?

But to be a TRUE tryhard, you have to make fun of all three at the same time.

Come on, you can do it!
What I read:

Quote:
HEY GUYZ DID U NOTICE I HAZ FOTUS ARMER. Y'ALL HATE ME CUZ YOU WANT DIS ARMER, RIGHT?

ALSO, I'M A BRONY. NOT THAT IT'S RELEVANT SINCE NO ONE ACTUALLY BROUGHT IT UP, LOL.
I DON'T LIKE BEING CALLED BAD AT HALO, IT MAKES ME SAD FAAACE :'(
BRONYBRONYBRONYBRONYFOTUSFOTUSFOTUSARARARAR

...Did I mention I'm a BRONY? LOL!
Nobody cares, so why even mention it?
Quote:

That means:
    [/li]

Great post. Quoting in full because I agree completely.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 10