Forums / Games / Halo: Reach

Map Packs don’t work On system link

OP CaptainPrice595

My friends and I have been trying to play the map Packs on system link, but I can’t get them to load on my console.
Do you both own the map packs? You both needs to have them downloaded and installed onto your console for it to work. Maps are free to download now though, so you can grab them from the Xbox store
Yes we all have them downloaded, but my console won’t load them in system link.
Yes we all have them downloaded, but my console won’t load them in system link.
Is it just your console? If I may ask are you playing on the 360 or One?
Need a bit more information for someone to test for you. I ran a test for someone on Halo 3 but unfortunately I myself do not have two copies of Reach. Perhaps someone else does but the following information will be useful:

1) What combination of consoles are you using (Two 360's? Xbox One and 360 etc)

2) Are you connected via Ethernet cable? (Xbox One can only System Link on 360 games via Ethernet Cable. It cannot use Wifi or System Link via Xbox One games)

3) Do both consoles have the maps downloaded? (I believe you said you have)

4) What map and gametype are you trying to launch?

These 4 bits of information can go a long way to help someone test for you. I would do it myself but as I said, sadly I do not own two copies of Reach. Sorry I can't help further.
Need a bit more information for someone to test for you. I ran a test for someone on Halo 3 but unfortunately I myself do not have two copies of Reach. Perhaps someone else does but the following information will be useful:

1) What combination of consoles are you using (Two 360's? Xbox One and 360 etc)

2) Are you connected via Ethernet cable? (Xbox One can only System Link on 360 games via Ethernet Cable. It cannot use Wifi or System Link via Xbox One games)

3) Do both consoles have the maps downloaded? (I believe you said you have)

4) What map and gametype are you trying to launch?

These 4 bits of information can go a long way to help someone test for you. I would do it myself but as I said, sadly I do not own two copies of Reach. Sorry I can't help further.
one bit you left out is that 5) if you're on xbox one make sure that the xbox one you are trying to play them on is your "home xbox one" as you can only have that set to one xbox one. if you are on xbox 360 make sure you have the maps license transfered or originally download on that xbox 360.