Forums / Games / Halo: Reach and Legacy Halo

Master Chief vs. Noble 6

OP Ivannov Maximof

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 25
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. ...
  8. 29
BENNBOT22 wrote:
BENNBOT22 wrote:
BENNBOT22 wrote:
The final thing is, many people pick Master Chief because of the things he did, and I am talking about the games. However, if it were not for Cortana, he would have been much less than he was. It is just only supposed to be the MC verses Six, not with allies. And comparing the Chief of now would be VERY unfair, as he has tech that is much better than that time, and he also had the augmentations by the Librarian (which we aren't 100% sure what that did, other than made him more resistant). Also, I am not sure whether or not to add in the fact of armor abilities, but those are there too. I love both of these characters, however, making it seem that the Master Chief would stomp Six is just plain wrong. I think it would be an INSANE battle, leading to Six standing on top of a certain green MJOLNIR armor. That is, if the divine main character favoritism gods don't intervene. Again.

I feel like that was pretty solid.
So, if I'm reading this right, you're assuming that Chief would be less capable without Cortana? With or without her, Chief performs basically the same, altho AIs can boost reaction times, and other things.
Librarian's augmentations didn't do anything besides giving Chief immunity to the Composer.
Chief WOULD stomp Six. +200 Ground engagements, all medals in the UNSC except Prisoner of War, overcame impossible odds and ended a +30 year long war. He has much more experience and has the luck factor. Six's experience compared to Chief is colossally low. Making it seem that Six would stomp Chief is plain lore from a lore perspective. Chief certainly would be the one standing on top of a grey MJOLNIR dead Spartan.
-snip-
-doublesnip-
Wasn't aware that Six had special augmentations. You say it triples the reaction times. Maybe that's where that Spartan Time thing comes to play. (basically makes the Spartan experience time significantly lower than usual).
Yeah, the drug was highly experimental, and that is why it wasn't used overall during augmentation. It was illegal, even for the Spartan program, and I believe that the man who administered it got court-martialed. It was only done on Six and a few other from Beta. It had a side effect to make the user less sociable, which had a factor in his lone wolf, and that he said as many words as he did. I believe it was Six, concerning this matter, but I get Carter and Six confused on this.
I´d have to go with Noble six on this one, although Master Chief is one hard Spartan, he has plenty of years ahead of Noble six, as much as you would prefer it to be Noble is much younger and durable. Master Chief does have more experience though, and as said in lore Spartan-III(s) are less powerful in strength then a Spartan-II, due to this he would have an advantage if not for what I said before the Master Chief has many more years on Noble Six, in lore it is also said in the beginning of Reach by Doc. Halsey, ”Six has made entire militia groups disappear. Curious... 'hyper-lethal.' There's only one other Spartan with that rating...”, the other Spartan she is referring to can obviously be non other then Master Chief himself. This is as close as we are going to get to an accurate comparison to the two throughout the story of Spartan-B312 (Noble Six), and Master Chief, If your memory is a little fuzzy, if it was not for B312 then Cortana, and Master Chief would have never made it off of Reach itself due to the oncoming to covenant air ships, Cortana or at least the fragment of her, believed that B312 was the best option for delivering her to keys. Although never mentioned to anyone except for a few exceptions in comics or small clips, B312 is never mentioned again, but back to earlier, Cortana fragment believed that B312 was the best option to deliver her to keys and by that basis alone is enough to say he was the best choice out of any of them by a long shot, making up her mind of who would deliver her before the Spartans even arrived on scene.
We must also remember that Chief is almost lost without Cortana, while also increasing the Armors efficiency Cortana also helps monitor brain wave activity and such, when comparing this to B312 we obviously notice that B312 does not have an A.I, meaning he is doing most of the work on his own with the exception of a few teammates, his armor is more flexible and more able then a Spartan-II(s) Armor (Especially Mjolnir). Which does mean it is easier for B312 to maneuver and move around making it obviously easier for him/her to be a more efficient killing machine without an A.I, if you take away Master Chiefs A.I I think B312 definitely has a better chance at beating the Master Chief, though if you Chief (Master Chief) Cortana the odds are back to being fair. There are many standards of how the fight could end up going, if we are talking about just a good old fashioned fist fight with nothing else (No A.I) Then B312 should more than likely win with the fact he is younger and more maneuverable than Chief. Give Chief Cortana and the odds are at the probability a 50/50 chance, giving them weapons is something I can´t calculate all in one comment so so will just stick the the fist fight.
All in all we shouldn't be putting our two strongest and favorite (Arguable) Spartans against each other, if it was not for either one of them then it´s pretty safe to assume the human race would have been wiped out. I give respect to my favorite Spartan (B312) for how he served and saved, and I salute Chief for all he is doing in his age even though he has done more than anyone his age should be able to do.
noble six takes orders, master chief does whatever the YOINK he wants B)
xsv wrote:
noble six takes orders, master chief does whatever the YOINK he wants B)
Actually, if you would refer to the previous posts, Six was usually dropped off with orders to kill someone. Meanwhile, before CE Chief had similar orders. However, after CE, Cortana did almost all of the thinking for him. He was just the muscle, but that doesn't mean he isn't a badyoink.
BENNBOT22 wrote:
xsv wrote:
noble six takes orders, master chief does whatever the YOINK he wants B)
Actually, if you would refer to the previous posts, Six was usually dropped off with orders to kill someone. Meanwhile, before CE Chief had similar orders. However, after CE, Cortana did almost all of the thinking for him. He was just the muscle, but that doesn't mean he isn't a badyoink.
i know :P i just like to think it is that way
No, Master Chief has much more combat experience and has near "perfect" genetics. (according to Dr. Halsey's screening) Although Noble 6 is very good, MC is better.
Just because chief has near perfect genetics it doesn't mean he will always win, otherwise Seabiscuit (a horse look him up if you don't know who he is) would have been curbstomped by war admiral (another perfectly genetic organism)
343 would want Master Chief to win because of the plot, but it's extremely difficult to say as they were both the most lethal spartans that Halsey acknowledged. Seeing as though MC almost lost to Locke in Halo 5, I doubt that he'll win against Noble 6.
(So yeah, Noble 6 for the win)
Spartan IIIs are less enhanced, genetically speaking, than Spartan IIs, lore wise. According to what we've seen, however, the two both seem to be the best of their Spartan classes- the only two Spartans with a "hyper lethal" rating.
Spartan IIIs are less enhanced, genetically speaking, than Spartan IIs, lore wise. According to what we've seen, however, the two both seem to be the best of their Spartan classes- the only two Spartans with a "hyper lethal" rating.
I have something to say about this, but I am just going to copy and paste what I put. I was way too long:

While some could say that he isn't the best Spartan III, as he wasn't part of Gamma Company (Which if you will recall Kurt called "The finest Spartans") and did not participate in the battle with the other Beta Spartans, (I don't remember the exact name of if sorry) which if you remember almost killed all of them besides the best. The Betas were the second best Spartan IIIs, after the final ones from Gamma Company. He was removed from these nearly suicidal missions that the other Spartan IIIs were sent on, purely because he stood out from the rest because of his combat prowess. The Spartan IIs were trained to stamp out rebellions in colony worlds, while Spartan IIIs were trained to kill Covenant. Kurt, who was one of the best of the Spartan IIs, and someone else who trained the Spartan IIs (sorry I don't remember his name off of the top of my head), trained the Spartan IIIs themselves. This allowed them superior training compared to the IIs. The thing that most people think about the Spartan IIIs as purely worse than the other Spartans because they survived a lot less, and that is very unfair. They were less well equipped (to "save money"), were less compatible than their Spartan II counterparts with their augmentations, had less experience in combat (experience does not mean skill), they had augmentations that were significantly more survivable, at a cost of raw power, they were also sent into battle when they were teenagers. The augmentations in the Spartans improved the longer that the person has them, but that does not mean that it negates the aging process. Some people will say that Chief would win because he is simply more compatible to his augmentations, and while that is correct, there were certain teams among the Spartan IIIs that would have been put into the Spartan II program. Everyone in Noble Team, and a few others, were part of this group. That aided in the fact that they got MJOLNIR armor, and the fact that they were pretty much the best. However, Jorge is excluded from this group, as he was a Spartan II.
BENNBOT22 wrote:
Spartan IIIs are less enhanced, genetically speaking, than Spartan IIs, lore wise. According to what we've seen, however, the two both seem to be the best of their Spartan classes- the only two Spartans with a "hyper lethal" rating.
I have something to say about this, but I am just going to copy and paste what I put. I was way too long:

While some could say that he isn't the best Spartan III, as he wasn't part of Gamma Company (Which if you will recall Kurt called "The finest Spartans") and did not participate in the battle with the other Beta Spartans, (I don't remember the exact name of if sorry) which if you remember almost killed all of them besides the best. The Betas were the second best Spartan IIIs, after the final ones from Gamma Company. He was removed from these nearly suicidal missions that the other Spartan IIIs were sent on, purely because he stood out from the rest because of his combat prowess. The Spartan IIs were trained to stamp out rebellions in colony worlds, while Spartan IIIs were trained to kill Covenant. Kurt, who was one of the best of the Spartan IIs, and someone else who trained the Spartan IIs (sorry I don't remember his name off of the top of my head), trained the Spartan IIIs themselves. This allowed them superior training compared to the IIs. The thing that most people think about the Spartan IIIs as purely worse than the other Spartans because they survived a lot less, and that is very unfair. They were less well equipped (to "save money"), were less compatible than their Spartan II counterparts with their augmentations, had less experience in combat (experience does not mean skill), they had augmentations that were significantly more survivable, at a cost of raw power, they were also sent into battle when they were teenagers. The augmentations in the Spartans improved the longer that the person has them, but that does not mean that it negates the aging process. Some people will say that Chief would win because he is simply more compatible to his augmentations, and while that is correct, there were certain teams among the Spartan IIIs that would have been put into the Spartan II program. Everyone in Noble Team, and a few others, were part of this group. That aided in the fact that they got MJOLNIR armor, and the fact that they were pretty much the best. However, Jorge is excluded from this group, as he was a Spartan II.
Yes, but the fact remains that Noble 6 and Chief are still the only Spartans with a "hyper-lethal" rating, right? Unless Kurt's Spartans were never rated on the scale or something, that would still make 6 the most deadly/most effective Spartan III.
To be honest both of them are great Spartans it is always hard to compare any spartan to Master Chief because he has survived countless situations. 6 Did die and he chose that he chose to sit back and hold off as much as he could. For being less superior to chief and still being able to hold off an army says a lot. Chief has better armor, better expreience, has a superior genetic structure, he has and had cortana,and to top it off he's always had the luck that can help him bs his way through things that everything else can't help him with. Noble 6 was way younger and didn't have all of the same things to aid him in his fight on reach I believe that if 6 survived and was outfitted with the right equipment he could have been just as great of a soldier if not better than Master Chief. Master Chief is an amazing soldier and has been able to do things that many Spartans only dream of but Noble 6 did something many thought impossible for his spartan model. So in terms of comparing the two it is almost unfair because there are so many different factors in play and I know I'm late as hell but idrc.
There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. Going with Chief on this one.
No, Master Chief has much more combat experience and has near "perfect" genetics. (according to Dr. Halsey's screening) Although Noble 6 is very good, MC is better.
Yup. John is also a great leader in addition to his solo skills. The SIII Gamma Company (Noble Team was Beta Co.) survivors probably fall in right behind John and Blue Team in regards to skill. Noble falls in somewhere behind those two teams.
And yeah, John has destroyed Halos, defeated the Flood, and killed Didact. Almost all done without Blue Team. He's probably still causing nightmares for a few billion Covenant on a nightly basis.
EDIT: Two years later and I spotted an error, Noble was made up of Spartan IIIs from Alpha and Beta Companies.
The Covenant refers to him as "Demon", literally... Hahahaha. With a capital D as in: The Demon! So yeah, he is definitely causing nightmares.
I just want the record to be that this wouldn't be a stomp, like the general populace thinks it would be. Putting MC from the games would be unfair, as the technological advancements are much better. Pulling the MC from Halo: CE, that would be an accurate time representation. Also, the MC doesn't get Cortana, which provides a reaction time feedback loop. He deflected a missile WITH Cortana telling him when to do what he planned. Also, while I don' think that this would matter, the armor abilities from Reach. Lore states that Reach was a major military instillation, and when it fell, many technologies went with it. That kinda explains why we don't see the armor abilities in any other Halo, at least until now.
I mean the chief obviously will win but just damn, still not over the fact that they gave him a slow and wack fight against Locke in guardians.
Yeah but noble6 is way more badass than Mc and more loyal
Is "luck" the only factor that makes Master Chief superior to Noble 6?
Yes, but for that reason he's gonna win against noble 6 :/
It depends if it was hand to hand combat MC no argument but if it was say using guns I would think noble six even though MC has a lot of experience he has experience in battling the covenant and forerunners not other Spartans but in halo reach on the first mission you hear on the coms stuff about rebels which could be rebel Spartans, six also has better training and six is a spartan-III with the rank hyper leathel which means he must be one of the best Spartans so overall I would think six would win.
The Chief is also hyper lethal, Six is the only other Spartan other than the Chief to be labelled as so.... and rebel Spartans are highly unlikely. Although unseen in the games, the UNSC fought a two side war against the covenant abroad and rebels at home. Rebels although possibly very skilled, do not have Spartans in their ranks other than possibly a select few. They don't have the tech or the resources to recreate Spartans unless maybe possibly a Spartan 3. Also the Chief does have experience fighting spartans, although not to death but in sparring and other training exersizes. IMO Cheif would win... lore wise he is considered to overall be the best the Spartan II program had to offer. Although there is debate to whether or not Fredrick, a fellow Spartan II who very often works with the Cheif VIA on Blue team, could've beat the Chief in the placement tests (he lost by inches every time which has been alluded to be because he doesn't like the spot light) this would still place the Chief at atleast number 2 overall, combine that with his exceptional lethality at all methods of combat and his so called luck that could yet again still have him at numero uno because he is a jack of all trades... instinctly the Chief has a strength, speed, and reflex advantage because he is a Spartan II, and although Six has superior training due to the fact this is to compensate for the lack of augmentation compared to a Spartan II, I do believe the Chief would win atleast 7/10 times because he is THAT good, he's a risk taker, Jack of all trades, highly trained and capable combatant and combine that with his inbreeding grit and willingness to come out on top I do believe he has the capability to beat anyone in the Spartan program amongst all generations, not every single time but atleast 60-70 percent of the time...
Well easy Master Chief has years of experience on Noble 6 is a child compared to the Chief!
I'm extremely late on this, but B312 was literally a child compared to chief. His/her max average age is only 21ish. The least being 19. To be that young and that skilled? Due credit when it's due. But against chief? I say they'd be equal if we look at it now. Chief is pretty strong, but he's not untouchable. (VIA Locke v John) (Even considering that Locke got his -Yoink- handed to him shortly after marking chiefs helmet. And Locke only had prior security training with ONI before becoming a Spartan)) Age also plays a fair part in it too. The stress of age is next to none with the augmentations only physically. Mentally, John would falter in his age. This is evident after losing Cortana in halo 4, and his search for her in 5 after a vision (Because plot points). So if it came down to it now, the only factor that could tip the scales is luck. Also Remember that III's were more focused on speed and survival, and II's were Frontline fighters. In both aspects of the combat scale, it's equal. Six can outrun and survive while chief can do what six can't in combat terms. So if I had to pick a winner....Buck.
The the fight between Locke and chief.... Love had plot armor because if not the fight would've been over in seconds lmao
Interestingly enough, Noble 6 and The Master Chief are the only Spartans be classed as "hyper-lethal". We know that Chief is taller, and due to the augmentations he received probably a bit stronger, not that it matters when in Mjolnir, however 6 received the superior training. Needless to say he put it to good use but Chief's experience in the field easily makes up for the slightly inferior training. Due to the fact that A. Chief is lucky B. He is slightly stronger and faster and C. More combat ready. We have to give it to Chief. Though it would be a very intense fight and 6 stands a decent chance!
Incorrect spartan 3's were actually faster than spartan 2's read ghost of onyx it specifically states 3's were faster and then shows a spartan 3 attack a 2 not realizing they are an ally. The spartan 2 wins obviously because punching spartan 2 armor in terrible spartan 3 armor just isn't going to work. Experience wise I would say they are equal. You have to remember noble 6 works alone and makes entire militia groups vanish by himself. Finally combat ready I don't know. In the fall of reach on that final mission where you hold out till you die that happens in the book and noble 6 holds off an entire army alone for hours and its not just infantry its wraiths as well as air support. Finally if you remember noble 6 wore Mjolnir as well for a spartan 3 to wear mjolnir they have to be very effective and even then it was rare to see a sparten 3 in mjolnir. So armor wise they are the same as well.
I'm not sure if it was just because they were "faster" per say, more than likely it was due to the fact one he had the element of surprise and even if he had been noticed it's not like another Spartan would get ready to be attacked by one of their own. Naturally Spartan II's have better base strength speed and relexes because of their superior augmentation.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 25
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. ...
  8. 29