6. ...
  7. 29
Noble Six B-312 hyper lethal
John S-117 hyper lethal
Noble Six B-312 made entire militia groups disappear without being found
John S-117 Entire armadas set to kill this guy
Noble Six B-312 Had no AI, and was still hyper lethal
John S-117 Had a 'Smart' AI
Noble Six B-312 partially, if not more responsible for ending the war, because he died after delivering Cortana. lone wolf and a headhunter. went on suicide missions
John S-117 worked with squads of marines, Sargent Johnson, the Arbiter, and was always dependent on Cortana.
Noble Six B-312 all-rounder
John S-117 assault
Both are very strong, but six will have an advantage in 1 vs 1 because of his stealth, and skill of headhunter. Cortana originally chose Six as her host. On Reach, killed hordes of enemies before being overwhelmed, and critically injured. In this state he killed multiple elites, including field marshal elites without a weapon, while the elites were armed with energy swords. In halo legends, John was defeated by only one elite, after a energy sword match.
Decent analysis, only thing I would like to point out is that Cortana chose Noble Six out of what was left of Noble team. I think it's clear that Noble (we, the player) are more capable than the rest of Noble team. It is not clear as to whether Cortana would choose Six over Chief. Otherwise, a decent analysis.
You guys forget that all the time before Halo CE the Chief did not have cortana, he was around 41 at the beginning of halo CE so the means he's atleast had around 20-25 years of operations without AI whatsoever.
Like most of you said chief really relies on Cortana to keep him up to standards where as Noble 6 had no A.I.,succeeded as a lone wolf (chief had Cortana) and he fell from space same with chief.But im afraid im going with 6 if you chief fans were wondering 😂,he's just a legend of a character and he focuses on the task at hand but chief will go with some random plan to take out enemies (i actually dont know why i brought that up but ok 😂) but six can multitask like a beast and he sacrificed himself to save humanity and the chief so yeah 6 it is.
Chief only had cortana from CE to 4..... everything before then was pretty much all himself or with his team. That means he was hyper lethal before cortana, with her it's on another level.
Noble Six B-312 hyper lethal
John S-117 hyper lethal
Noble Six B-312 made entire militia groups disappear without being found
John S-117 Entire armadas set to kill this guy
Noble Six B-312 Had no AI, and was still hyper lethal
John S-117 Had a 'Smart' AI
Noble Six B-312 partially, if not more responsible for ending the war, because he died after delivering Cortana. lone wolf and a headhunter. went on suicide missions
John S-117 worked with squads of marines, Sargent Johnson, the Arbiter, and was always dependent on Cortana.
Noble Six B-312 all-rounder
John S-117 assault
Both are very strong, but six will have an advantage in 1 vs 1 because of his stealth, and skill of headhunter. Cortana originally chose Six as her host. On Reach, killed hordes of enemies before being overwhelmed, and critically injured. In this state he killed multiple elites, including field marshal elites without a weapon, while the elites were armed with energy swords. In halo legends, John was defeated by only one elite, after a energy sword match.
Chief was hyper lethal before he had cortana. He only had cortana from CE forward.. and also another thing, Cheif has also done all sorts of missions, he himself is a jack of all trades too... especially when it comes to weapons. The only reason he lost to that elite is one: the energy sword has been stated to be the only weapon the Chief has not mastered and 2 it was a very high ranking elite... You can't just call it some ordinary elite because that elite was the last line of defense of the protection of halsey as their prisoner. The Chief in the games especially has yet to get seriously injured and he has destroyed hordes of enemies too none the less. Noble six is probably only better at assassinations and stealth than John, other than that they are on equal ground and if not John has the upper hand in some of the areas. 6 is a badass, don't get me wrong, but the reasons you put down for why the Chief is inferior are incorrect.... Chiefs experience outways 6's, he is stronger faster and even has better reflexes solely based on his superior augmentation. I'm not saying itd be an easy fight but I believe chief would win 7/10 atleast
The chief made it through Halo 2 and 3 without getting sniped. 6 got knocked out by a half dozen elites. Which is the greater achievement and testament to skill? The snipers of course.
- Didnt Cortana chose chief over the other spartans ?
- bouth are ratet hyper lethal.
- but unlike six chief is also a leader , and a good one to that , unlike six who is working either as a pawn or alone.
- thus said chief genneraly cooperates better with friendlys then six to an degree that they are familiy to each other ( johnson blueteam etc )
- chief is a Spartan II six is a Spartan III there are some differences : Spartan IIs were hand selected by Halsey herself from a very thight and strict genepool , further psychology was also taken into account. They all were not older then 6 years old and where raised in the ways of war kidna in a war familiy. They were innocent and thus neutral. Psychologically they were better then the III (who were choosen from a much broader genepool and usually from older children whos parents were killed by the covenant aka often carieing things like hatred into them ) I mean look at Emile and compare to George ( of course the biggest example of difference ) but its also a generall rule.( altrough bouth experienced some psychological problems just to mention ) I am not sure about augmentations but to my knowledge these were to much more extensive in the IIs then the chemical ones in IIIs.
- Chiefs Archivments are uncomparable to any other warior in the UNSC to some extend he is the one who turned the spear. Defeating entire Armadas of Covenant , Suriving multiple Flood Infestations and defeating them , destroying muliple foerunner instalations , dealing with the didact and his prometheans etc
- altrough many argue that he got massive assistance by Cortana wich is true , dont forget he recived her/ kept her in the first place because he is plain simply the best that hummanity has to offer
- he proved multiple times in the games/books that he is just as deadly alone ( Halo Ce 343 gluty spark and the libary basicly dealing with a new and very deadly enemie almost alone , almost entire Halo 3, ( Halo 5 lol ), just to name examples out of my head.
- he was createt over Generations of planing by the Libarian basicly the perfect Creation of her containing many abilitys in his Genes including Resistance to the Composer.
i think that should be enough to get my point....
-
Everybody remember that MC worked in 5 man fire teams. Remember in The Fall Of reach, when the MC went lone wolf during a training exercise, in turn that he failed the test. Obviously, he was surprised that he didn't, but the trainers told him that his team did not succeed. His main trait, other than his luck, was leadership later on down the road.So it would make sense to assume that he worked with fire teams, and leaders did get most of the credit.
AI's were used, (among to do other menial tasks that humanity were to lazy to do themselves) to do the things that Spartans couldn't, and make them better. Remember at CE, when Chief had to go through the vents. There was one vent that was locked, and Chief couldn't break it down. If it weren't for Cortana, Chief wouldn't even be able to get off of the Pillar Of Autumn. AI's also created a feedback loop in reaction times, allowing the MC to do things that he couldn't do before. Also, Cortana chose MC because he was the cream of the crop for the set mission parameters.
Also, it would be unfair to pull the modern day MC, as he is just so much more advanced than that time.
While the augmentations in the generations were different, Six was part of a group what had some illegal stuff in there, even more than normal. It further augmented his reaction time. It also made him less sociable.
Often times, Six would just be dropped at a location with a name and a location. It was up to him to kill, capture, or destroy the target. He is very good at combat, often exceeding that of other Spartans, and can improvise and adapt excellently. The official time that Six spent fighting the whole fleet was 10 hours. 10 hours against the whole Covenant fleet.

Edit: I have a terrible time with the grammar in these forums.
BENNBOT22 wrote:
Everybody remember that MC worked in 5 man fire teams. Remember in The Fall Of reach, when the MC went lone wolf during a training exercise, in turn that he failed the test. Obviously, he was surprised that he didn't, but the trainers told him that his team did not succeed. His main trait, other than his luck, was leadership later on down the road.So it would make sense to assume that he worked with fire teams, and leaders did get most of the credit.
That was another time. Chief succeeded the test as a Lone Wolf, but since the objective of the training is to finish as a team, he was punished. But that isn't the only lone wolf feat. There's some in the games. In Halo CE, you have both 343 Guilty Sparks and The Library, where he was completely by himself fending off hordes of Combat Forms who madly rushed at him. Then in Halo 3 he rescued Cortana from what's basically Hell.
BENNBOT22 wrote:
That was another time. Chief succeeded the test as a Lone Wolf, but since the objective of the training is to finish as a team, he was punished. But that isn't the only lone wolf feat. There's some in the games. In Halo CE, you have both 343 Guilty Sparks and The Library, where he was completely by himself fending off hordes of Combat Forms who madly rushed at him. Then in Halo 3 he rescued Cortana from what's basically Hell.
Agreed. I'd love to read more into the books to see more lone wolf feats because we all know the Chief is just as deadly alone as with a fireteam or even cortana.... only thing that changes is the methods and how successful different methods are or aren't.
Noble Six
Chief mops the floor with him.
But what makes you think so?
The massive experience advantage.
While I'm inclined to agree with you on most cases, I don't think so here. Noble 6 trained as a lone wolf, and he was most likely a Headhunter or could have been one. But Chief trained in teams with his fellow Spartan-IIs, the tactics are different, and that nearly got him killed on Installation 04 right after Reach fell and he wasn't used to not having a team. So in a 1v1, I think Noble 6 would win due to the type of training he received, but it's still be a close fight.
J kid789 wrote:
While I'm inclined to agree with you on most cases, I don't think so here. Noble 6 trained as a lone wolf, and he was most likely a Headhunter or could have been one. But Chief trained in teams with his fellow Spartan-IIs, the tactics are different, and that nearly got him killed on Installation 04 right after Reach fell and he wasn't used to not having a team. So in a 1v1, I think Noble 6 would win due to the type of training he received, but it's still be a close fight.
Six got help in most of the campaign of Reach and he may have been titled as a "Personal Grim Reaper" but he made Insurrectionist groups, made out of rebel Humans disappear while Chief fought alone in the second half of CE against overwhelming odds against an enemy Humanity has never faced. Then in Halo 2 he single-handedly wrecked havoc in High Charity. In Halo 3 he fought inside what's basically Hell (Cortana) and finally in Halo 4 he faced two factions alone for some 5 missions.
From my perspective, anyone could make entire militia groups disappear. They're just simple Humans. The Flood, Covenant and Prometheans are entirely different and much more brutal than Humans.
J kid789 wrote:
Noble 6's lone wolf training for the most part was directed towards the handling of human insurrectionist.Chief isn't just some regular pleb,he's the greatest soldier and spatan in human history.6's training doesn't account for that and just because he's a lone wolf does not mean he's automatically better than Chief in a 1v1.

Experience trumps training.
Chief has tons of experience fighting against the Covenant(who are magnitudes above mere insurrectionist) as a lone wolf and has succeeded time and time again against them.
By definition,Noble 6 might be a better lone wolf than Chief(the same way Linda is a better lone wolf is Chief),but that's not enough of a reason to say he'd beat John.
J kid789 wrote:
Noble 6's lone wolf training for the most part was directed towards the handling of human insurrectionist.Chief isn't just some regular pleb,he's the greatest soldier and spatan in human history.6's training doesn't account for that and just because he's a lone wolf does not mean he's automatically better than Chief in a 1v1.

Experience trumps training.
Chief has tons of experience fighting against the Covenant(who are magnitudes above mere insurrectionist) as a lone wolf and has succeeded time and time again against them.
By definition,Noble 6 might be a better lone wolf than Chief(the same way Linda is a better lone wolf is Chief),but that's not enough of a reason to say he'd beat John.
J kid789 wrote:
Six got help in most of the campaign of Reach and he may have been titled as a "Personal Grim Reaper" but he made Insurrectionist groups, made out of rebel Humans disappear while Chief fought alone in the second half of CE against overwhelming odds against an enemy Humanity has never faced. Then in Halo 2 he single-handedly wrecked havoc in High Charity. In Halo 3 he fought inside what's basically Hell (Cortana) and finally in Halo 4 he faced two factions alone for some 5 missions.
From my perspective, anyone could make entire militia groups disappear. They're just simple Humans. The Flood, Covenant and Prometheans are entirely different and much more brutal than Humans.
But what you guys are forgetting is that this has NOTHING to do with the Insurrection, Covenant, Flood, or Promethean's. This is a Spartan vs Spartan fight with no interference, and no assistance other than the training and experience they have. They both know that they're dealing with a Spartan of "equal" stature, but like I said their level and methods of training were different and thus their mindsets. The Spartan-IIIs we're trained better than the Spartan-IIs and know exactly how their training went. If this was any other Spartan-III vs Spartan-II match, I would say that the Spartan-II would win because of the experience, but because the level of overall skill is so similar it doesn't matter. What matters is the mindset and the training.

And the only reason Chief has those credits undruhis belt is because of Noble 6. I'm certain that had 6 been on the Autumn and went to Halo in place of Chief, he would've gone to do the same thing.
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
But what you guys are forgetting is that this has NOTHING to do with the Insurrection, Covenant, Flood, or Promethean's. This is a Spartan vs Spartan fight with no interference, and no assistance other than the training and experience they have. They both know that they're dealing with a Spartan of "equal" stature, but like I said their level and methods of training were different and thus their mindsets. The Spartan-IIIs we're trained better than the Spartan-IIs and know exactly how their training went. If this was any other Spartan-III vs Spartan-II match, I would say that the Spartan-II would win because of the experience, but because the level of overall skill is so similar it doesn't matter. What matters is the mindset and the training.

And the only reason Chief has those credits undruhis belt is because of Noble 6. I'm certain that had 6 been on the Autumn and went to Halo in place of Chief, he would've gone to do the same thing.
No, those factions mean something.
Six made entire militia groups disappear, but they're made out of simple Humans. In Reach, he always had help at least for most of the campaign.
Chief however fought against overwhelming odds in Installation 04, being practically the only Human unit on the ring against thousands of Covenant and Flood who are fiercely fighting for control. Then the Prometheans are the response to the Flood. Despite being so few, they still made huge successes. They were extremely lethal, merciless, incorruptible and unstoppable. The Flood stood no chance (even tho it wasn't enough). So tell me, in a fight between a guy who made some Humans disappear and another guy who made it through hell and back who's the likely winner?

Maybe he could have gone to Alpha Halo instead of Chief, but he didn't, which means a huge gap in experience. If we're being like that, then maybe if Six detonated the bomb instead of Jorge the events would still play the same.

How is the level of overall skill the same? Experience means a lot. If we're being like that, then how come Doom Guy was the only soldier who could fight Hell when he's clearly the same as others soldiers? Just because he's controlled by us? The same goes for the Doom Marine (DOOM 3). How is he the only survivor despite being no different to other Humans? Because we control him? (And I mean Doom GUY and not Doom SLAYER. The comics made it clear he was a simple marine while Doom Slayer is just some God shaped like a Human. He's not a Human.)
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:

No, those factions mean something.
Six made entire militia groups disappear, but they're made out of simple Humans. In Reach, he always had help at least for most of the campaign.
Chief however fought against overwhelming odds in Installation 04, being practically the only Human unit on the ring against thousands of Covenant and Flood who are fiercely fighting for control. Then the Prometheans are the response to the Flood. Despite being so few, they still made huge successes. They were extremely lethal, merciless, incorruptible and unstoppable. The Flood stood no chance (even tho it wasn't enough). So tell me, in a fight between a guy who made some Humans disappear and another guy who made it through hell and back who's the likely winner?

Maybe he could have gone to Alpha Halo instead of Chief, but he didn't, which means a huge gap in experience. If we're being like that, then maybe if Six detonated the bomb instead of Jorge the events would still play the same.

How is the level of overall skill the same? Experience means a lot. If we're being like that, then how come Doom Guy was the only soldier who could fight Hell when he's clearly the same as others soldiers? Just because he's controlled by us? The same goes for the Doom Marine (DOOM 3). How is he the only survivor despite being no different to other Humans? Because we control him? (And I mean Doom GUY and not Doom SLAYER. The comics made it clear he was a simple marine while Doom Slayer is just some God shaped like a Human. He's not a Human.)
Don't bring Doom into this. Is this Doom? No. So keep Halo separate. I've never played Doom, I can't relate. But do you really think Noble 6 needed others with him during these missions? Just because they were there, doesn't mean they were necessary for his success. He was assigned to a team so he had to take orders alongside his teammates. And don't go talking about the Army troopers were there too, Chief had PLENTY of Marines with him. The fact of the matter is, you can't difinitively say Chief is better because 6 died on Reach and not for lack of skill. Noble 6 fought waves of Covenant alone with no chance of extraction before being killed. There was 0 possibility of him surviving, and had Chief been in the same predicament, he would've faced the same fate.

You're also forgetting how much of a problem the Insurrection was. Humanity was on the brink of Civil War due to them, that's why Spartans were created, but no single Spartan, II or III, was able to make that much of an impact on them. Not even some teams. And the Insurrection was capable of dealing with Spartans, Chief and Blue Team were almost killed by them had it not been for Kurt and his 6th sense. And there have been Spartans to die from them. So don't consider them not dangerous because they are.

Also you lost me on the whole Alpha Halo and Jorge part...
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
Don't bring Doom into this. Is this Doom? No. So keep Halo separate. I've never played Doom, I can't relate. But do you really think Noble 6 needed others with him during these missions? Just because they were there, doesn't mean they were necessary for his success. He was assigned to a team so he had to take orders alongside his teammates. And don't go talking about the Army troopers were there too, Chief had PLENTY of Marines with him. The fact of the matter is, you can't difinitively say Chief is better because 6 died on Reach and not for lack of skill. Noble 6 fought waves of Covenant alone with no chance of extraction before being killed. There was 0 possibility of him surviving, and had Chief been in the same predicament, he would've faced the same fate.

You're also forgetting how much of a problem the Insurrection was. Humanity was on the brink of Civil War due to them, that's why Spartans were created, but no single Spartan, II or III, was able to make that much of an impact on them. Not even some teams. And the Insurrection was capable of dealing with Spartans, Chief and Blue Team were almost killed by them had it not been for Kurt and his 6th sense. And there have been Spartans to die from them. So don't consider them not dangerous because they are.

Also you lost me on the whole Alpha Halo and Jorge part...
Why not bring Doom? The logic applies. I could probably come up with more examples.

6 also had plenty of Marines with him during the whole campaign. But if you consider 6 did everything on his own without help but Chief didn't I honestly see some bias in there. Both had help, both used that help. However, 6 had support during the ENTIRE Reach campaign. Chief actually had examples where he was fighting by himself. Alpha Halo (ATTCR to Maw), High Charity (Gravemind, High Charity), Flood Charity (Cortana), most of H4's campaign (Dawn, Requiem, Forerunner, Shutdown and Midnight, maybe Composer too since he barely had any real help).

Yeah I'm not really considering the Insurrection that much of a threat, I admit. But in all honesty, I'm not particularly interested in that area. But in any case, a galactic alliance between 7 species with 3 millenias of history, a OP all-consuming parasite that came this close to infecting the whole Galaxy and robots with souls which were brutally effective and unkillable certainly are more threatening than a faction of human rebels.

What I mean is that since Chief was the one who went to Alpha Halo, then he has the experience advantage, but events would likely be the same if Six and Chief switched places. The same thing applies to the Jorge case.

BTW, if you love to rip & tear, fast-paced gameplay that rewards you for exploration with callbacks to the originals, I highly recommend getting DOOM (2016). It's on Game Pass, so you can get the full game and if you like it you can buy it.
Is "luck" the only factor that makes Master Chief superior to Noble 6?
Jhon117 is better!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. ...
  7. 29