Master Chief vs. Noble 6

OP APM Adam5

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. ...
  6. 29
Don't forget, B312 and S-117 BOTH, have the title "Hyper-lethal vector", and, they both survived a fall from space. so, they are relatively equal to each other in almost all aspects, and ppl may not know this but, B312 has been through almost just as much combat as chief I think. But S-117 would win. And here are the few REAL reasons why:

1: Stronger
2: Better armor
3: More Experienced (Not a WHOLE lot tho)
4: More severe augmentations

That's the facts. Noble 6 and John are both bad @sses, no doubt, but the II's beat the III's.
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
Chief mops the floor with him.
But what makes you think so?
The massive experience advantage.
J kid789 wrote:
While I'm inclined to agree with you on most cases, I don't think so here. Noble 6 trained as a lone wolf, and he was most likely a Headhunter or could have been one. But Chief trained in teams with his fellow Spartan-IIs, the tactics are different, and that nearly got him killed on Installation 04 right after Reach fell and he wasn't used to not having a team. So in a 1v1, I think Noble 6 would win due to the type of training he received, but it's still be a close fight.
Six got help in most of the campaign of Reach and he may have been titled as a "Personal Grim Reaper" but he made Insurrectionist groups, made out of rebel Humans disappear while Chief fought alone in the second half of CE against overwhelming odds against an enemy Humanity has never faced. Then in Halo 2 he single-handedly wrecked havoc in High Charity. In Halo 3 he fought inside what's basically Hell (Cortana) and finally in Halo 4 he faced two factions alone for some 5 missions.
From my perspective, anyone could make entire militia groups disappear. They're just simple Humans. The Flood, Covenant and Prometheans are entirely different and much more brutal than Humans.
Don't bring Doom into this. Is this Doom? No. So keep Halo separate. I've never played Doom, I can't relate. But do you really think Noble 6 needed others with him during these missions? Just because they were there, doesn't mean they were necessary for his success. He was assigned to a team so he had to take orders alongside his teammates. And don't go talking about the Army troopers were there too, Chief had PLENTY of Marines with him. The fact of the matter is, you can't difinitively say Chief is better because 6 died on Reach and not for lack of skill. Noble 6 fought waves of Covenant alone with no chance of extraction before being killed. There was 0 possibility of him surviving, and had Chief been in the same predicament, he would've faced the same fate.

You're also forgetting how much of a problem the Insurrection was. Humanity was on the brink of Civil War due to them, that's why Spartans were created, but no single Spartan, II or III, was able to make that much of an impact on them. Not even some teams. And the Insurrection was capable of dealing with Spartans, Chief and Blue Team were almost killed by them had it not been for Kurt and his 6th sense. And there have been Spartans to die from them. So don't consider them not dangerous because they are.

Also you lost me on the whole Alpha Halo and Jorge part...
Why not bring Doom? The logic applies. I could probably come up with more examples.

6 also had plenty of Marines with him during the whole campaign. But if you consider 6 did everything on his own without help but Chief didn't I honestly see some bias in there. Both had help, both used that help. However, 6 had support during the ENTIRE Reach campaign. Chief actually had examples where he was fighting by himself. Alpha Halo (ATTCR to Maw), High Charity (Gravemind, High Charity), Flood Charity (Cortana), most of H4's campaign (Dawn, Requiem, Forerunner, Shutdown and Midnight, maybe Composer too since he barely had any real help).

Yeah I'm not really considering the Insurrection that much of a threat, I admit. But in all honesty, I'm not particularly interested in that area. But in any case, a galactic alliance between 7 species with 3 millenias of history, a OP all-consuming parasite that came this close to infecting the whole Galaxy and robots with souls which were brutally effective and unkillable certainly are more threatening than a faction of human rebels.

What I mean is that since Chief was the one who went to Alpha Halo, then he has the experience advantage, but events would likely be the same if Six and Chief switched places. The same thing applies to the Jorge case.

BTW, if you love to rip & tear, fast-paced gameplay that rewards you for exploration with callbacks to the originals, I highly recommend getting DOOM (2016). It's on Game Pass, so you can get the full game and if you like it you can buy it.
Ya, I got it as a gift, but I lost it when moving, and it didn't click with me anyway. I never said 6 had no help, I'm just saying he probably, most likely didn't need it.

This is what im getting at: You agree that had Chief and 6 been in each other's roles where Chief died, and 6 went on the Autumn, Noble 6 would've been able to do everything Chief did from CE to 4. Which means they're capable of roughly the same things. However, since the TRAINING they went through was different where 6 specialized as a lone wolf and Chief a team player, in a 1v1 between Noble 6 vs pre-Alpha Halo Chief, Noble 6 would edge out. I'm not saying Chief is a worse Spartan or anything, I'm just saying he is inferior in a 1v1 to Noble 6 like he is Inferior in sniping compared to Linda, or CQB compared to Fred. Chief was great at everything, but he wasn't necessarily an expert in something.
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
While I'm inclined to agree with you on most cases, I don't think so here. Noble 6 trained as a lone wolf, and he was most likely a Headhunter or could have been one. But Chief trained in teams with his fellow Spartan-IIs, the tactics are different, and that nearly got him killed on Installation 04 right after Reach fell and he wasn't used to not having a team. So in a 1v1, I think Noble 6 would win due to the type of training he received, but it's still be a close fight.
Six got help in most of the campaign of Reach and he may have been titled as a "Personal Grim Reaper" but he made Insurrectionist groups, made out of rebel Humans disappear while Chief fought alone in the second half of CE against overwhelming odds against an enemy Humanity has never faced. Then in Halo 2 he single-handedly wrecked havoc in High Charity. In Halo 3 he fought inside what's basically Hell (Cortana) and finally in Halo 4 he faced two factions alone for some 5 missions.
From my perspective, anyone could make entire militia groups disappear. They're just simple Humans. The Flood, Covenant and Prometheans are entirely different and much more brutal than Humans.
Why not bring Doom? The logic applies. I could probably come up with more examples.

6 also had plenty of Marines with him during the whole campaign. But if you consider 6 did everything on his own without help but Chief didn't I honestly see some bias in there. Both had help, both used that help. However, 6 had support during the ENTIRE Reach campaign. Chief actually had examples where he was fighting by himself. Alpha Halo (ATTCR to Maw), High Charity (Gravemind, High Charity), Flood Charity (Cortana), most of H4's campaign (Dawn, Requiem, Forerunner, Shutdown and Midnight, maybe Composer too since he barely had any real help).

Yeah I'm not really considering the Insurrection that much of a threat, I admit. But in all honesty, I'm not particularly interested in that area. But in any case, a galactic alliance between 7 species with 3 millenias of history, a OP all-consuming parasite that came this close to infecting the whole Galaxy and robots with souls which were brutally effective and unkillable certainly are more threatening than a faction of human rebels.

What I mean is that since Chief was the one who went to Alpha Halo, then he has the experience advantage, but events would likely be the same if Six and Chief switched places. The same thing applies to the Jorge case.

BTW, if you love to rip & tear, fast-paced gameplay that rewards you for exploration with callbacks to the originals, I highly recommend getting DOOM (2016). It's on Game Pass, so you can get the full game and if you like it you can buy it.
Ya, I got it as a gift, but I lost it when moving, and it didn't click with me anyway. I never said 6 had no help, I'm just saying he probably, most likely didn't need it.

This is what im getting at: You agree that had Chief and 6 been in each other's roles where Chief died, and 6 went on the Autumn, Noble 6 would've been able to do everything Chief did from CE to 4. Which means they're capable of roughly the same things. However, since the TRAINING they went through was different where 6 specialized as a lone wolf and Chief a team player, in a 1v1 between Noble 6 vs pre-Alpha Halo Chief, Noble 6 would edge out. I'm not saying Chief is a worse Spartan or anything, I'm just saying he is inferior in a 1v1 to Noble 6 like he is Inferior in sniping compared to Linda, or CQB compared to Fred. Chief was great at everything, but he wasn't necessarily an expert in something.
Just remember, it's on Game Pass. If you ever want to give it a try, it's there. But oh well, tastes are tastes (smiley face).

I can agree with that. Yes, Pre-CE Chief likely has no chances, at least until Two Betrayals. After that point, they're probably even after Chief fought against seemingly endless waves of Combat Forms wielding every form of weaponry. And sometimes, he was as lucky as me. Maybe after he gets the Mark VI is when things get a bit uneven.
Well easy Master Chief has years of experience on Noble 6 is a child compared to the Chief!
Not really, He may be more experienced with human wars but Spartan III's were trained to fight everything. Noble 6 was able to make entire militia's disappear by himself. Experience wise they are pretty similar if not Noble 6 is more.
BENNBOT22 wrote:
BENNBOT22 wrote:
BENNBOT22 wrote:
BENNBOT22 wrote:
The final thing is, many people pick Master Chief because of the things he did, and I am talking about the games. However, if it were not for Cortana, he would have been much less than he was. It is just only supposed to be the MC verses Six, not with allies. And comparing the Chief of now would be VERY unfair, as he has tech that is much better than that time, and he also had the augmentations by the Librarian (which we aren't 100% sure what that did, other than made him more resistant). Also, I am not sure whether or not to add in the fact of armor abilities, but those are there too. I love both of these characters, however, making it seem that the Master Chief would stomp Six is just plain wrong. I think it would be an INSANE battle, leading to Six standing on top of a certain green MJOLNIR armor. That is, if the divine main character favoritism gods don't intervene. Again.

I feel like that was pretty solid.
So, if I'm reading this right, you're assuming that Chief would be less capable without Cortana? With or without her, Chief performs basically the same, altho AIs can boost reaction times, and other things.
Librarian's augmentations didn't do anything besides giving Chief immunity to the Composer.
Chief WOULD stomp Six. +200 Ground engagements, all medals in the UNSC except Prisoner of War, overcame impossible odds and ended a +30 year long war. He has much more experience and has the luck factor. Six's experience compared to Chief is colossally low. Making it seem that Six would stomp Chief is plain lore from a lore perspective. Chief certainly would be the one standing on top of a grey MJOLNIR dead Spartan.
-snip-
-doublesnip-
Wasn't aware that Six had special augmentations. You say it triples the reaction times. Maybe that's where that Spartan Time thing comes to play. (basically makes the Spartan experience time significantly lower than usual).
Yeah, the drug was highly experimental, and that is why it wasn't used overall during augmentation. It was illegal, even for the Spartan program, and I believe that the man who administered it got court-martialed. It was only done on Six and a few other from Beta. It had a side effect to make the user less sociable, which had a factor in his lone wolf, and that he said as many words as he did. I believe it was Six, concerning this matter, but I get Carter and Six confused on this.
The chemical you are speaking of wasn't used on beta company (Kat and 6's company) The person training the Spartan III's didn't use the chemical until gamma company. And he did not receive a court martial. BTW, Kurt (who is a Spartan II) Is the man who trained and used the deadly chemical on Gamma company. Noble 6 didn't have this augmentation like later Spartan III's. In fact, Noble 6 was able to survive as long as her did just because he was the best Spartan III to ever be. He was skilled in ever aspect that he had. If chief were in the same position he were in, the outcome of death would be the same.
Well easy Master Chief has years of experience on Noble 6 is a child compared to the Chief!
Not really, He may be more experienced with human wars but Spartan III's were trained to fight everything. Noble 6 was able to make entire militia's disappear by himself. Experience wise they are pretty similar if not Noble 6 is more.
How can he have more than Chief? Chief fought the Covenant and the Flood as a One-Man Army in Alpha Halo and both factions were extremely aggressive. And that was since 343 Guilty Spark up until the Maw. In Halo 2 he alone wrecked havoc in High Charity, the capital mobile city. Not even Honor Guards were capable of stopping him (altho there was a civil war going on) then the Flood threatened to take over yet he still dominated everyone. In Halo 3 he fought against what's basically Hell (Cortana). You're fighting inside a Gravemind, not a simple hive. Then in Halo 4 he fought alone against machines that were aimed to be unkillable, unstoppable and extremely lethal for some 5 missions (also counting Storm Covie missions).
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:

Just remember, it's on Game Pass. If you ever want to give it a try, it's there. But oh well, tastes are tastes (smiley face).

I can agree with that. Yes, Pre-CE Chief likely has no chances, at least until Two Betrayals. After that point, they're probably even after Chief fought against seemingly endless waves of Combat Forms wielding every form of weaponry. And sometimes, he was as lucky as me. Maybe after he gets the Mark VI is when things get a bit uneven.
I agree with that! This has been a nice discussion (smiley face).

Also, I'm a broke college freshman with no job, I will not be getting game pass... And my trial just expired this month.
Actually,Noble 6 has had much experiance,he reached Hyper Lethal Vector,1 of the fonly 2 spartans to ever do that,so,it is luck to decide who wins,but honestly,yes,master chief.
Six ezpz.

There are pages in Ghosts of Onyx that explain how the IIIs had nearly the same (if not identical) augments just in different versions (chemical and genetic). The same book also explains that the III's training regimen was rougher than the II's in a shorter amount of time. Not to mention Mendez, Kurt, and the fact they already could improve from Alpha Company. There is a reddit post about Cat 2s (which is what Six is) vs Spartan IIs and they explain it much better than I can. That whole HLV crap is meaningless (and even if it was, I don't remember it saying John was the other HLV because he wasn't exactly the best Spartan II in terms of combat prowess). Overall tho, Six is the best Spartan III (subj) in terms of skill and John isn't the best in his own class so I personally don't see him winning.
Just saying the chief would go off on noble six
I dont believe if there would be a victor in this fight
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. ...
  6. 29