This post is a rant more or less so feel free to share your own opinions and thoughts on the matter.

I've been playing reach on and off from 2010 and have noticed trends in the matchmaking system. Specifically how it chooses teammates and opponents (at least for me), most days this system feels like a cruel joke that's almost punishing me.

As a disclaimer, by no means am I the best halo player alive or even close to it. I've played since CE and am above average on a good day.

With that said my main beef with the matchmaking system is how the game decides to make lopsided teams and does this consistently.. and usually not in my favor. I often find myself with 3 below average/new players on my team facing a team of average/above average players.

If this happened once or twice this post would not exist, however I find that this is the case on days I search solo and play 10+ games. Almost every game my teammates go negative, I absolutely sweat to try to edge out the win but I'm not always successful and I'm left with a bitter taste in my mouth from losing.

As an example, the last five games I've played in swat went something like this: me getting over half of the kills and less than a quarter of the deaths, ALL of my teammates going negative and blindly running at the other team, and in the end we lose or barely win. It's as if the game expects me to pick up the extra slack and carry.

Reach has many flaw and most are apparent to the naked eye, yet this one took me years to notice and just when I think "meh, probably just unlucky" it happens again & again. If you're this far into the post you're probably thinking "easy fix, just find teammates" and you are right, but with reach being on its last legs and more people leaving the game it is not as if I have teammates on tap.
I am not sure how many of you have been in the same situation but I would like to hear your thoughts. I realize nothing I post will change matchmaking but I needed to rant after losing games back to back today from unbalanced team selection.
When a game gets to be as old as Reach, matchmaking doesn’t have the convenience of sorting through the skill levels of lots of players. Thus, it does the best it can and that can result in uneven teams, if I understand it correctly.
tuhin94 wrote:
When a game gets to be as old as Reach, matchmaking doesn’t have the convenience of sorting through the skill levels of lots of players. Thus, it does the best it can and that can result in uneven teams, if I understand it correctly.
That's would be a perfectly reasonable explanation for these occurrences, however this has been happening (at least to me) for as long as I can remember. Throughout owning/playing reach; I've taken long breaks from it only to come back to matchmaking and have the same thing happen again. I do my best to play with friends instead of randoms but some days it's dead quite and I have to search alone.