Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Most Difficult Mission

OP KingGibsonHG555

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo has a lot of missions, most of them are funny and entertaining, but some of those are pretty hard and you frustrate pretty easy. Which do you think is the most hard mission of all the games? I think it is between the Library of Halo CE, and The Pillar of Autumn from Halo Reach.
For most difficult I would have to say it is Long Night of Solace. If you go to defend Anchor 9 without a plan, you are dead before you know it.
The Library on Legendary.
I will definitely go for the missions Regret and Gravemind in Halo 2 due to some truly notorious sections on Legendary. However, if Halo 2 is excluded, then I will choose Two Betrayals, Truth and Reconciliation in Halo CE and Long Night of Solace in the MCC version of Halo Reach due to the space section.
In my opinion, Library is one of the easiest missions due to a limited number of different combat situations which has the effect that you can play through the mission using a single strategy from the beginning to the end.
These strategies can so south if you are limited on ammo & nades.
My main strategy for the Library is to mainly use the Pistol and Shotgun and to be careful about situations which may result in a chain reaction of being surrounded. In addition to that, it's also preferable if you know the mission like which sections that should be skipped, rocket flood locations and the general path through the level.
In my opinion, Library is one of the easiest missions due to a limited number of different combat situations which has the effect that you can play through the mission using a single strategy from the beginning to the end.
For me it is pretty hard, the flood are the most challeging enemies in all Halo
My main strategy for the Library is to mainly use the Pistol and Shotgun and to be careful about situations which may result in a chain reaction of being surrounded. In addition to that, it's also preferable if you know the mission like which sections that should be skipped, rocket flood locations and the general path through the level.
I played it with the regen shields by physical damage, and it´s pretty hard to damage the flood by punch
In Halo CE, the flood is actually a relatively easy enemy to fight with relatively low health and no energy shield. If I remember correctly, the flood combat forms can be beaten in something like 4 Pistol shots or 1 Shotgun shot which isn't much.

Another bonus with the flood forms in Halo CE is that they are terribly inaccurate with there weapons that they usually fight in short range.
In Halo CE, the flood is actually a relatively easy enemy to fight with relatively low health and no energy shield. If I remember correctly, the flood combat forms can be beaten in something like 4 Pistol shots or 1 Shotgun shot which isn't much.

Another bonus with the flood forms in Halo CE is that they are terribly inaccurate with there weapons that they usually fight in short range.
Well...for me I´ve always changed the magnum for the plasma pistol (I like it more), but there were so much enemies and I couldn´t find health, because they always gaved me shots. Tried some speedrun tactics, but still couldn´t pass the mision.

Well...for me I´ve always changed the magnum for the plasma pistol (I like it more), but there were so much enemies and I couldn´t find health, because they always gaved me shots. Tried some speedrun tactics, but still couldn´t pass the mision.
I wouldn't recommend dropping the Pistol in The Library as the Pistol is by far the most effective long range weapon against the flood. It's always preferable if you take down the flood from a safe distance.
x N7 117 x wrote:
For most difficult I would have to say it is Long Night of Solace. If you go to defend Anchor 9 without a plan, you are dead before you know it.
For me this is a little easy
I think in halo 2 all the sniper allys are the hardest there will ever be
x N7 117 x wrote:
For me this is a little easy
I think in halo 2 all the sniper allys are the hardest there will ever be
The best part about Halo 2 Legendary is that most of the Sniper Jackals can easily be skipped like for instance the Sniper Jackals in Outskirts, Metropolis (w. Warthog), Delta Halo and Uprising.
Some missions are insanely hard if your sleep deprived or actually asleep I remember playing halo 3 with my cousin on legendary and doing the halo disk dosing off after being awake for far to long then my cousin falling asleep after I wake up then we beat the game and went to jack in the box and got 20 dollars worth of tacos when they were 2 for 99 cents
For me, either Halo 2 - Gravemind or Halo 2 - Regret (with those OP jackal on Legendary). All in all, it makes it that much more satisfying when you do beat the stage though.
I'm still convinced that Gravemind on Legendary is impossible and everyone who says they've finished it are lying :P

Two Betrayals is CE's hardest level IMO. Keyes is tough too.

Halo 3 isn't very hard on Legendary, but I'd go with Cortana being the hardest.

Reach's hardest is Long Night of Solace probably. Especially now that it's harder on PC.

Midnight is the hardest in 4.
ZnaZanZ wrote:
I'm still convinced that Gravemind on Legendary is impossible and everyone who says they've finished it are lying :P

Halo 3 isn't very hard on Legendary, but I'd go with Cortana being the hardest.

Reach's hardest is Long Night of Solace probably. Especially now that it's harder on PC.

Midnight is the hardest in 4.
Oh yes, two betrayal´s was pretty hard. When I finished it, I almost screamed of emotion because of passing that mission.
ZnaZanZ wrote:
My main memories about Two Betrayals is all of the rooms that are completely crammed with enemies and all of the rocket floods. In addition to that, the level is also spiced with some truly notorious outdoor sections.
ZnaZanZ wrote:
My main memories about Two Betrayals is all of the rooms that are completely crammed with enemies and all of the rocket floods. In addition to that, the level is also spiced with some truly notorious outdoor sections.
The outdoor sections on foot are brutal and the part where you have to fly a banshee past a bunch of rocket launcher wielding flood.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2