Most Difficult Mission

OP KingGibsonHG555

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
ZnaZanZ wrote:
ZnaZanZ wrote:
Two Betrayals is CE's hardest level IMO. Keyes is tough too.
My main memories about Two Betrayals is all of the rooms that are completely crammed with enemies and all of the rocket floods. In addition to that, the level is also spiced with some truly notorious outdoor sections.
The outdoor sections on foot are brutal and the part where you have to fly a banshee past a bunch of rocket launcher wielding flood.
The sentinels part, men...I nearly cried. I was using the physical damage skull and when we arrived to a part, it quited out the shields. And bro, I had no live, it was nearly impossible to me for pass it.
A buddy and I recently did Gravemind co-op on legendary. I would say this level solely for the room you start in, it's pure pain.
The most difficult mission I play in the Halo video games will be the Cortana level from Halo 3.
Halo Reach: New Alexandria LASO has to be the hardest
In my opinion, this mission is relatively easy on LASO if you have relatively good RNG. The only annoyance about this mission is that it's extremely RNG based in terms main objective order and side objectives.
In my opinion, this mission is relatively easy on LASO if you have relatively good RNG. The only annoyance about this mission is that it's extremely RNG based in terms main objective order and side objectives.
well the hospital is annoying the other parts not so much but i was playing 2 player co op
well the hospital is annoying the other parts not so much but i was playing 2 player co op
The hospital isn't that annoying as long as you use the famous Banshee trick seen in speedruns.
For me Gravemind. But I will speak in general.

Halo 2 is the only game I had trouble completing on legendary, by playing normally (no speedrun tricks, weird glitches, etc...), in fact, I think I never completed it by playing it normally.

I only started playing H2 on legendary in early 2018, and up until that point, I never knew what it was actually like. After getting instantly killed over and over by Elites and running out of ammo often before enemies were cleared, and therefore stuck not even halfway through Cairo Station, I realized that something was very wrong with this game.

I searched up why this was so difficult, and yeah, from there I discovered why. And I looked for tips, one of these was using the noob combo. Yes, because up to this point, I had no idea what a noob combo was. I never used it to beat CE, 3, ODST and 4, and yet in 2 I just needed to resort to it, along with speedrun tricks. That really says something already. One of these days I wanna try beating it normally. And if I can, no noob combos. Just like I did for any other Halo game prior to 2018.

That said, Gravemind in particular was utter hell. It took me hours to complete the first times. Today my time is down to 31 minutes. And I died 31 times. Go figure.

Also, Reach, on the MCC, gave me trouble with the Seraphs in Long Night of Solace. But besides that, no trouble at all.

For LASO, I am trying to beat CE, almost there and I am solo. But I wanna mention Truth & Recon. That level... it’s just a nightmare! Seriously, try it. Wait, actually, don’t. For your own good.
For me Gravemind. But I will speak in general.

Halo 2 is the only game I had trouble completing on legendary, by playing normally (no speedrun tricks, weird glitches, etc...), in fact, I think I never completed it by playing it normally.

I only started playing H2 on legendary in early 2018, and up until that point, I never knew what it was actually like. After getting instantly killed over and over by Elites and running out of ammo often before enemies were cleared, and therefore stuck not even halfway through Cairo Station, I realized that something was very wrong with this game.

I searched up why this was so difficult, and yeah, from there I discovered why. And I looked for tips, one of these was using the noob combo. Yes, because up to this point, I had no idea what a noob combo was. I never used it to beat CE, 3, ODST and 4, and yet in 2 I just needed to resort to it, along with speedrun tricks. That really says something already. One of these days I wanna try beating it normally. And if I can, no noob combos. Just like I did for any other Halo game prior to 2018.

That said, Gravemind in particular was utter hell. It took me hours to complete the first times. Today my time is down to 31 minutes. And I died 31 times. Go figure.

Also, Reach, on the MCC, gave me trouble with the Seraphs in Long Night of Solace. But besides that, no trouble at all.

For LASO, I am trying to beat CE, almost there and I am solo. But I wanna mention Truth & Recon. That level... it’s just a nightmare! Seriously, try it. Wait, actually, don’t. For your own good.
well...then be ready for the mission of 2 betrayals, if you are playing in LASO that is a nightmare, in a part it lows down your shields and then appear some sentinels, and you have to hit them with the punch to recover the shield, but it is´nt that easy.
The hospital isn't that annoying as long as you use the famous Banshee trick seen in speedruns.
yes but the banshees on that missions start don't spawn in until i get to the first objective for some reason so idk why and how id do the glitch
yes but the banshees on that missions start don't spawn in until i get to the first objective for some reason so idk why and how id do the glitch
The strategy that I use to complete the mission in LASO is highly dependent on the mission objective order. Here is my strategy for few different scenarios.

Hospital as first or second objective: In this situation, I do usually attempt to assassinate a grunt inside the hospital and grab a Plasma Pistol. Then, I will fly to the top of the hospital building and wait for a Banshee that can be hijacked with relative ease (w. EMP from the Plasma Pistol).

Hospital as second objective where the night club was the first: Grab a jetpack from the nightclub and use it to hijack a Banshee at the top of the hospital building.

Hospital as third objective: Restart the mission as it's much easier to perform the trick if the hospital is the first of second objective.

To get the exact details on how to perform the trick, I would highly recommend watching a speedrun of the mission and follow the general steps taken by the runner (when to get in and out of the Banshee).
well...then be ready for the mission of 2 betrayals, if you are playing in LASO that is a nightmare, in a part it lows down your shields and then appear some sentinels, and you have to hit them with the punch to recover the shield, but it is´nt that easy.
I am exactly there, but don’t remember where since I haven’t kept up with LASO for a few months. But I am intentioned to finish the fight! But honestly I think T&R is still the hardest. After CE I think I will go to H4 LASO next. H2? Yeah right, as if regular legendary wasn’t hard enough on it’s own...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2