Hi all,

I haven't played Halo since MCC first came out. It was an absolute disaster, and it led me to sell my Xbox. I was without a gaming system for almost two years until I finally broke down and bought a PS4. I went with a PS4, because most of the people I work with have a PS4. It is nice to have a group of friends to play online with. However, I have been itching to play Halo again, as it is by far my favorite game. Halo 4 was essentially where I left off, and I believe it was my favorite of the series, with Halo 3 close behind. Here is where I need help. I'd like to get another Xbox. However, I have no idea which one to get. I was actually thinking about just getting a 360 with H3 and H4. The only problem is I would be worried about not having the ability to play future Halo releases. Can I play H3 and H4 on an Xbox One? If so, are there different servers for th 360 and One, or is it all tied together? Any suggestions are welcome, as I am completely out of the loop! Thanks in advance for any help.

GA
Both H3 and H4 are backwards compatible: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-summer-celebration

It uses the same online service, meaning those on 360 and those playing on Xbone play each other and are part of the same population.
Depends on what you want to spend also on a console, I've just bought an Xbox one S as the price was great. As CoverMyMeds (LOL awesome gamertag!) said it's backwards compatible so you won't have any issues. I still play Halo 4 mp everyday dude so I don't think you'll be disappointed...
Thank you both for the quick response. I think with backwards compatibility it would be a wise choice to go with an Xbox One. When did the backwards compatibility go into effect? I see that link just showed that it was announced. I'm glad to hear Halo 4 is still active!
Thank you both for the quick response. I think with backwards compatibility it would be a wise choice to go with an Xbox One. When did the backwards compatibility go into effect? I see that link just showed that it was announced. I'm glad to hear Halo 4 is still active!
Pretty sure all xbox 360 Halo titles were made backwards compatible on 22nd September... Yes Halo 4 is very active and has enough of a population to enjoy! Awesome dude look forward to seeing you out there if you ever jump into BTB game!
Hi all,

I haven't played Halo since MCC first came out. It was an absolute disaster, and it led me to sell my Xbox. I was without a gaming system for almost two years until I finally broke down and bought a PS4. I went with a PS4, because most of the people I work with have a PS4. It is nice to have a group of friends to play online with. However, I have been itching to play Halo again, as it is by far my favorite game. Halo 4 was essentially where I left off, and I believe it was my favorite of the series, with Halo 3 close behind. Here is where I need help. I'd like to get another Xbox. However, I have no idea which one to get. I was actually thinking about just getting a 360 with H3 and H4. The only problem is I would be worried about not having the ability to play future Halo releases. Can I play H3 and H4 on an Xbox One? If so, are there different servers for th 360 and One, or is it all tied together? Any suggestions are welcome, as I am completely out of the loop! Thanks in advance for any help.

GA
the mcc is fine -.-
halo 4 has bout 3000 players on peak hours
I'm glad to hear that MCC is fine now as well. It was a mess when it first came out. The players playing say Halo 4 on MCC are playing the same players as the ones with the Halo 4 disk, correct? Also, I am looking at an Xbox One S. Is there anything special you have to download or do to use the 360 disks? Hopefully it is just a plug and play deal.

@ Zac, I appreciate that. I'll have to add you and maybe we can get some games in!
I'm glad to hear that MCC is fine now as well. It was a mess when it first came out. The players playing say Halo 4 on MCC are playing the same players as the ones with the Halo 4 disk, correct? Also, I am looking at an Xbox One S. Is there anything special you have to download or do to use the 360 disks? Hopefully it is just a plug and play deal.

@ Zac, I appreciate that. I'll have to add you and maybe we can get some games in!
Hey mate, not sure about Halo 4 MCC playing against those on H4 disk but makes sense, hopefully someone can clarify that. I'm pretty sure you don't have to download anything other than the map packs, War Games Map Pass (this will include Crimson, Majestic and Castle map packs) and download the Halo 4 Champions Bundle as it will give you a collection of maps, armor and skins and it's pretty cool (I think that's all of them...)
Yeah that'll be cool, I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield (you'll probably kick my butt though, I'm hopeless, plus just had a look at your H4 stats, SR130 with a 1.889 K/D yep I'm not even close LOL)
All the best mate.
That is good to hear. As for the map packs, they are all free now, correct?

Dude, I haven't played Halo 4 in years. I was decent when I played all the time, but now I'll be super rusty. Hopefully it won't take too long to shake all the rust off!
Yep, they're all free to download now :)

Dude, I haven't played Halo 4 in years. I was decent when I played all the time, but now I'll be super rusty. Hopefully it won't take too long to shake all the rust off!
I'm sure it'll come back to you pretty quick 🖒
stckrboy wrote:
Yep, they're all free to download now :)
Does that include Halo 5 dlc content?

I am also still curious if each of the population for the individual games are made up of the players using the original disc and MCC or if they are separate servers.
Does that include Halo 5 dlc content?
The only paid DLC that Halo 5 has comines in the form of REQ packs and there's only a very limited amount of cosmetic items that you are only able to buy with real money. All updates, maps and extra content for Halo 5 was released for free
I am also still curious if each of the population for the individual games are made up of the players using the original disc and MCC or if they are separate servers.
MCC is a separate game and not connected to any any of the classic games. If you play MCC, you only play with other MCC players.
If you play the backwards compatible version of a classic game, however, you can cross play between an Xbox One and a 360
Awesome. Thanks for all of the info!
Awesome. Thanks for all of the info!
Glad to see you come back to Halo bro! Look forward to seeing you on the battlefield :-)
It was only recently that the original H3 became BC for the xb1, I got it for free. Not sure if it's free for everyone or not.
Glad you left the dark side