Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Legacy Halo

Online achievements after shutdown

OP HurriedPie69297

343 is it possible to gain the option to get the map pack achievements in custom games?,
the playlists are no longer populated so getting some of them is really difficult.
And at the end of the year its going to be impossible to get them done since the servers will get shutdown.
Im sure there are more people that would like this to be a thing.
I would love it is this were to happen. I mean, it's not like it hasn't happened before (the Defiant Map Pack in Halo: Reach had glitched achievements).
You can create or join a gaming session on TrueAchievements. Then you'll have more than enough players for a match. It will be much easier to match up too, since you don't have to deal with randos being a part of your match.
tuhin94 wrote:
You can create or join a gaming session on TrueAchievements. Then you'll have more than enough players for a match. It will be much easier to match up too, since you don't have to deal with randos being a part of your match.
Yep. Already did some mcc achievements that way.
But once the servers are gone everyone wont be able to get any of them anymore.
Thats why it would help alot of casual people if they put the multiplayer variants into custom game or a players file share so you can download them.
The regular custom game/forge maps version of the map packs maps that are standard dont support these achievements.
tuhin94 wrote:
Yep. Already did some mcc achievements that way.
But once the servers are gone everyone wont be able to get any of them anymore.
Thats why it would help alot of casual people if they put the multiplayer variants into custom game or a players file share so you can download them.
The regular custom game/forge maps version of the map packs maps that are standard dont support these achievements.
Ah I gotcha. I thought you were referring to the present, but now I get you were asking to make it possible for players to get achievements even after the server shutdown.
tuhin94 wrote:
Or play legit and help populate the playlists. There are gaming sessions set up on discords, especially the Halo 3 Discord. Halo 3 on Wednesday nights (~EST), and various other game nights planned as we go.