Petition to remove Tank and Banshee from Boneyard

OP Day Man 049

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
To me the map is big enough to have the Tank. But it's a little to small to have the Banshee. Its to closed in. Its not open enough like the Spire.
Focus Fire = win. Vehicles get thrashed by multiple people unloading on them.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I rather 343 not even listen to us. Our wants contradict our needs.
Thats true for alot of things, but this is just rediculous.
Not even, serah. If you can't adapt then Reach isn't for you. Or rather don't play BTS. Other playlists are before you each time you go to MM.
Well mister typical response. You tell me how to adapt to a rocket, sniper, tank, banshee, ghost, hog, etc. all shooting at you at the same time when you're all alone.
I wouldn't be in that situation in the first place :P
Well, most of the time when i play BTB on Boneyard me and an enemy will hop into our ghost tie at the tank and one of us gets in and then the other destroys it. Then it becomes a hot race for the teams to get to the banshee.
Quote:
Quote:
Every time I play Boneyard BTB it's always about the team with all vehicles. Boneyard is to confined for the Tank and Banshee. Sign for removal.
instead of removing it, how about nerfing it. Nerf the tank and the banshee!
NO! They already nerfed it out of Hemmhorage! Then they have the subtlety to replace it with the damn wraith. This is worse than a bretrayal or Rage-quitting... Its... Itss... ITS HERESY!!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I rather 343 not even listen to us. Our wants contradict our needs.
Thats true for alot of things, but this is just rediculous.
Not even, serah. If you can't adapt then Reach isn't for you. Or rather don't play BTS. Other playlists are before you each time you go to MM.
Well mister typical response. You tell me how to adapt to a rocket, sniper, tank, banshee, ghost, hog, etc. all shooting at you at the same time when you're all alone.
I wouldn't be in that situation in the first place :P
Yes thats nice, but we're talking about the people who do. It shouldn't be a fight over vehicle control. In a less compact map like Paradiso it's no problem, but on Boneyard it is.
Quote:
Quote:
Tanks and Banshees aren't even hard to kill in this game. Especially on a confined map with a low ceiling like Boneyard.
I guess you've never been in a game where everyone has all Power Weapons & vehicles and your entire team quits on you.
If the other team manages to get their hands on all the power weapons and vehicles before your team....then you have just been outplayed.
I hate it when people try to claim a BTB map is imbalanced because they are screwed if the other team gets their hands on every lucrative asset on the map (and this has been going on at least since Halo 3's early days, if not earlier). It's not the game designer's responsibility to keep you from getting destroyed because your team was disorganized, slow, and lacking in any tactical knowledge.

More on topic: I feel like the scorpion is fine, mostly due to the fact that it's in the middle of the map and easily accessible by both teams, and the fact that it's easily boarded due to the confined nature of the map. It's iffier in invasion due to the fact that it's only accessible by the spartans and has a 30 second respawn time. Increasing it's respawn time might help alleviate my woes.
The banshee....needs to either be removed or needs an effective counter. True, the low ceiling and cramped play area prevents it from being too dominating...but it survives for far too long. More grenade launchers, an extra laser, another sniper, those could all help to keep the banshee from tearing through the masses easily.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Tanks and Banshees aren't even hard to kill in this game. Especially on a confined map with a low ceiling like Boneyard.
I guess you've never been in a game where everyone has all Power Weapons & vehicles and your entire team quits on you.
If the other team manages to get their hands on all the power weapons and vehicles before your team....then you have just been outplayed.
I hate it when people try to claim a BTB map is imbalanced because they are screwed if the other team gets their hands on every lucrative asset on the map (and this has been going on at least since Halo 3's early days, if not earlier). It's not the game designer's responsibility to keep you from getting destroyed because your team was disorganized, slow, and lacking in any tactical knowledge.

More on topic: I feel like the scorpion is fine, mostly due to the fact that it's in the middle of the map and easily accessible by both teams, and the fact that it's easily boarded due to the confined nature of the map. It's iffier in invasion due to the fact that it's only accessible by the spartans and has a 30 second respawn time. Increasing it's respawn time might help alleviate my woes.
The banshee....needs to either be removed or needs an effective counter. True, the low ceiling and cramped play area prevents it from being too dominating...but it survives for far too long. More grenade launchers, an extra laser, another sniper, those could all help to keep the banshee from tearing through the masses easily.
My bad, I didn't realize the game was about who gets all vehicles first. Maybe thats what they should call CTF on Boneyard. Regardless of who gets what first, there should always be a counter present. And when everyone is being attacked every 2 seconds, it's hard to say that taking down 5 vehicles is easy.
Quote:
My bad, I didn't realize the game was about who gets all vehicles first. Maybe thats what they should call CTF on Boneyard. Regardless of who gets what first, there should always be a counter present. And when everyone is being attacked every 2 seconds, it's hard to say that taking down 5 vehicles is easy.
Your not saying "they just got all the vehicles" you keep mentioning how much it sucks to have the other team charge at you with all vehicles and power weapons. Essentially, your saying that the other team grabbed all the vehicles and the tools necessary to counter them. The counters are present, it's just that in your scenario, the other team has already accounted for them.

That being said, I did suggest that another anti-vehicle weapon be added onto Boneyard, and I do feel that the Banshee needs to be toned down, either by lowering the firing rate of the Fuel Rod gun or by making tricks incur a penalty from the boost meter, or a combination of the two.

I just don't like it when players request that Bungie/343 pull out all the stops in order to ensure that the inept team has a way out of the dilemma they had every chance to avoid. Don't confuse that with support of spawn killing/trapping/camping, I have a wholly different viewpoint on that.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have, and in those circumstances you're not going to win anyway. It's really not the fault of the weapons and vehicles.

If you're the last person on your team it's much better to just quit as staying in the game just wastes everybody's time. Surely as the lone player you'd rather find a game with less quitters and the same is true for parties. Games which basically play themselves because lots of people quit at the first sign of adversity are incredibly boring to play through to completion.

However that delves into an entirely different topic - now you're complaining about quitters rather than anything actually being overpowered.
I have had better chances without Vehicle control. And the only reason my team quit is because they couldn't fight back. Thats why they should be removed, because once you have them all everybody quits because they can't even walk ten feet without dying. And I don't quit for 2 reasons. One those are lost time and credits. Two, I'm not going to give the other team that satisfaction.
If your team quit because they couldn't fight back than you were outplayed. Between two teams with any level of competence the tank rarely survives for more than a minute after it spawns. The Banshee might survive longer by dipping in and out of cover but Warthog guns, Snipers , the Grenade Launcher and mass DMR fire all threaten it hugely - especially since the low ceiling can slow it down significantly.

If you're getting dominated and people are quitting it's very likely that the other team is just better than you.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have, and in those circumstances you're not going to win anyway. It's really not the fault of the weapons and vehicles.

If you're the last person on your team it's much better to just quit as staying in the game just wastes everybody's time. Surely as the lone player you'd rather find a game with less quitters and the same is true for parties. Games which basically play themselves because lots of people quit at the first sign of adversity are incredibly boring to play through to completion.

However that delves into an entirely different topic - now you're complaining about quitters rather than anything actually being overpowered.
I have had better chances without Vehicle control. And the only reason my team quit is because they couldn't fight back. Thats why they should be removed, because once you have them all everybody quits because they can't even walk ten feet without dying. And I don't quit for 2 reasons. One those are lost time and credits. Two, I'm not going to give the other team that satisfaction.
If your team quit because they couldn't fight back than you were outplayed. Between two teams with any level of competence the tank rarely survives for more than a minute after it spawns. The Banshee might survive longer by dipping in and out of cover but Warthog guns, Snipers , the Grenade Launcher and mass DMR fire all threaten it hugely - especially since the low ceiling can slow it down significantly.

If you're getting dominated and people are quitting it's very likely that the other team is just better than you.
Typical response. This is the only map I ever have problems with vehicles, plus everyone quits because they know there's no chance. Any other map, like Paradiso, people don't drop out because they know that they have a chance and that they won't constantly be spawn killed.
It WOULD be fine if people actually used the other half of the map.
Quote:
It WOULD be fine if people actually used the other half of the map.
Then the map would be horribly unbalanced.
How? More space=more people spread out=less multikills=easier to jump a vehicle.
Quote:
How? More space=more people spread out=less multikills=easier to jump a vehicle.
One team would get the open spawn with stairs leading up to the middle platform while the other team gets an indoor building and effectively has snipers on a cliff (middle platform) staring down at them.
How about just removing Boneyard completely?
but that would mean more forge world maps. so no.
How about confining them to "Heavy" variants?
Quote:
Typical response. This is the only map I ever have problems with vehicles, plus everyone quits because they know there's no chance. Any other map, like Paradiso, people don't drop out because they know that they have a chance and that they won't constantly be spawn killed.
That makes no sense - Paradiso is so much easier to spawn kill on than Boneyard. Once a tank gets behind your base it's game over. At least on Boneyard it's restricted by plenty of line of sight blockers and tight manoeuvring space.
I disagree. The tank is very easy to kill, put on a jetpack, use the crane type thing to your advantage. Fly up and on top of the tank. Or go invisible and wait for the perfect moment to jump out and board him, there are plenty of hiding places. As for the Banshee, as long as you keep DMR firing on it, it should go down pretty fast, you might even force him to roll into a wall or something and injure himself. I'm sure there are some power weapons in BTB to take it down right?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4